MKII sail in light air

Scottb

In light inland lake conditions, the MK1 sail and knock off sails appear significantly faster. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on the MKII for really light air? I have been sailing it since they became available. Recently switching back and forty with the old version, and finding better light air results. I would like to always use the MKII. 6’1” and 180 lbs.

In light inland lake conditions, the MK1 sail and knock off sails appear significantly faster. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on the MKII for really light air? I have been sailing it since they became available. Recently switching back and forty with the old version, and finding better light air results. I would like to always use the MKII. 6’1” and 180 lbs.
The sail takes alot longer to break in. It should be faster upwind in 3 knots and above.

You need to put some vang on. More so than w/the MK1. It can carry more outhaul as well the cut is deeper than the MK1 and the luff curve is more pronounced, (which is why you use vang in light air).

Back