Minifish number 1

timinmaine

Hello - I have an old Minifish with serial number 00001. Is this desirable as a collector boat? She's in very good condition and I am planning to sail, but curious if there is any interest in production hull number 1. Thanks.

It doesn’t seem there is collectible interest in old mass-produced boats. If the original manufacturer was still around they might be interested, but they are long merged away.

Here is a link to a post about Mini #2. Minifish Serial Number? It’s great 1 and 2 are still around and that both surfaced on this board. I think it is really cool to have either of those!!!

It doesn’t seem there is collectible interest in old mass-produced boats. If the original manufacturer was still around they might be interested, but they are long merged away.

Here is a link to a post about Mini #2. Minifish Serial Number? It’s great 1 and 2 are still around and that both surfaced on this board. I think it is really cool to have either of those!!!

Even cooler would be to own both #1 and #2! :)

Oh wait, disregard this opinion from the owner of FIVE Sunfish! :rolleyes:

I think it would be cool to own number 1. Think of the minds behind the hands that put it together.

Is the #1 number also on the sail?

Don't we have an opinion, here, that the Mini-Sunfish is ideal for a 200-pound skipper?

I don't think they have numbers on the sails generally, but there is no number on the sail that came with the boat. It looked to be original - correct colors, etc. My new sail is much nicer (see Sailcraft RI through this board). I am hoping that the MiniFish will be OK for a load a bit over 200 pounds - we'll see! I would not worry about a 200 pound load unless I were racing against a fleet of lightweights.

If you mean large one design class races, not to my knowledge. Sometimes hull numbers appear on sails, but not in this case.

Back