Mid-Atlantic Races this Past Weekend in Brigantine, NJ

shorefun

At the club I belong to BYC I was a dock hand helping people get in and out of the water.

Nice group of people and an enjoyable day even if the weather was very wet on Satuday. My son tried sailing it. I didnt because I just dont feel comfortable with knowing rules. I was afraid of fouling someone who was serious.

I did meet another member of this group who realized who I was, though I do not remember his name.

We have questions about how to transport a boat and I think some people might be worried about the condition of their boats. I was really surprised at the wild difference in boats and forms of tranport. For transport I saw one newer car with 2 pieces of 2x4 and some blankets. A couple just transporting on their roof racks, no Thule or other expensive racks. Personally I have a thule rack for my Expedtion I paid $20 at a garage sale so they are out there. Then there were more and less fancy trailers.

For boats there were practically new boats all the way to pretty beat up boats using duct tape on functional parts.

In the end, I probably should have signed up and tried it. The people were clearly there to encourage others. My son was getting pointers out on the water by the experienced people who were truely in it to encourage the sport.

I was glad to have the experience.

I should add, I actually transport on trailers. At the end of last season I picked up a triple trailer. I was using a the larger folding Harbor Freight trailer, but I have 3 Sunfish and supposedly the trailer has paperwork. I am waiting for the person to make that happen. Paid $700 with the triple Seitech carrier and it came with a crappy laser. I am not saying the Lasers are crappy, this laser was in poor condition. Though I am being told about what is happening in the laser class and the Sunfish sounds to be more fun.

If you cant tell I am a big fan of the Sunfish's these days.

At the club I belong to BYC I was a dock hand helping people get in and out of the water.

Nice group of people and an enjoyable day even if the weather was very wet on Satuday. My son tried sailing it. I didnt because I just dont feel comfortable with knowing rules. I was afraid of fouling someone who was serious.

I did meet another member of this group who realized who I was, though I do not remember his name.

We have questions about how to transport a boat and I think some people might be worried about the condition of their boats. I was really surprised at the wild difference in boats and forms of tranport. For transport I saw one newer car with 2 pieces of 2x4 and some blankets. A couple just transporting on their roof racks, no Thule or other expensive racks. Personally I have a thule rack for my Expedtion I paid $20 at a garage sale so they are out there. Then there were more and less fancy trailers.

For boats there were practically new boats all the way to pretty beat up boats using duct tape on functional parts.

In the end, I probably should have signed up and tried it. The people were clearly there to encourage others. My son was getting pointers out on the water by the experienced people who were truely in it to encourage the sport.

I was glad to have the experience.
the fast guys will get around you. learn something as they go by. you gotta start somewhere. everyone had to line up for the first time, sometime. do it!

Back