Media Memorial Day Action at Acton Lake

Neil

These photos are from the wild second day of the Hueston Sailing Association’s 2004 Memorial Day weekend series at Acton Lake just North of Oxford, Ohio (30 miles NW of Cincinnati). Sunday was a great day of sailing with the 8-10 mph winds coming up the length of the lake from the South. Monday was a completely different day with gusts of over 20 mph coming across the narrow width of the lake from the West. The wind itself wasn’t so hard to handle. It was the 20-50 degree shifts when the gusts hit that caused everyone but one to capsize at least once. Unfortunately, I missed the series because I was on race committee duty. But, I did get some nice pictures. If you’d like to learn more about H.S.A., check our website at: http://members.aol.com/hsasailing/hsa/. Our Sunfish fleet is growing. Come join the fun.

Photo Descriptions:
Start of Race 3-Peter Buckley, in the only Sunfish that didn’t capsize that day, ahead of Brian Callahan. Brian went on to win the series and Peter placed second.
Heading Upwind-The H.S.A. Sunfish fleet hitting some wild gusts.
1 Gust 2 Down: Pretty self-explanatory.
Heading Home: H.S.A. Commodore Mike Stratton heads to the docks after some fun exercise.

Attachments

• Start of Race 3.jpg
    Start of Race 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 360
  • Heading Upwind.jpg
    Heading Upwind.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 1 Gust 2 Down.jpg
    1 Gust 2 Down.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Heading Home.jpg
    Heading Home.jpg