Masters Regatta Report

Esteroali

About 65 boats showed up to race in Port Charlotte. The wind was big and a front and storms were expected to pass through. It seemed almost half the fleet had Jens rigs in (I did!) , some may have wished they had when they sailed out to to the course. I "think" the winds were 15-20 and I heard the committee boat was reading gusts to 30. At 1pm, the postpone flag was put up. About 20 minutes later, the abandon flag was up. On shore about an hour later, the races were abandoned for the day. I looked at the radar on someones phone and it looked like nasty storms were on their way. So no races today. :mad: Couldn't stay for dinner but made it home to pick up my daughter from school. Damien

Thanks for update Damian. Just a note to all out there attending different regatas/events, it's really great to read same day reports, and if you're a good enough writer, you will make others want to go to the event the following year. I really enjoy reading them. (hope you started a trend D.Jackson with broken arm!)

From light wind one week ago(midwinters) to too much 50 miles away the next week, go figure!

Phil

Erin go Braugh !!!

Thanks for the daily reports. We have a 72 year old guy from Key West Sailing Club (Ken) that is competing and we are watching. Results and pictures would be nice too.

Hey,

That guy Ken is from ERIE!!!! He is a great guy! Never misses a race in Erie. Say hi to him if he comes back to KW before coming home to Erie. Better yet, come to Erie in 2008 for the NA's and say hi to him then.

Tim

Back