MASTER WORLDS---wazzap??????

micah202

...been looking about for inf on the 2011 master world champs,,,,,I see it's scheduledn for san francisco,,,but can't seem to find -ANY- other information .......WAZZAP????

...so what's the chance of qualifying anyways??
........I had a long and sordid history racing lasers,,,attended 3 worlds,qualified for 2 others(all in the ~80's),,did well in masters stuff at the gorge till ~10 years ago....then some skiffs...

.....I've definitely been -dormant- over the past few years,,
,,,,,,but am doing a personal bootcamp in mexico for febuary,,,with 12hours of heavy air laser sailing over the past week,,,and 3 weeks to go,,as well as kayaking,hiking,kiteboarding.(oh yeh it HURTS)
..........I'll be able to attend some regattas previous to the worlds,but not before the close of registration
.......and won't be able t'make application till early march

..........WHADARmaCHANCES??......is it worth applying??

..........WHADARmaCHANCES??......is it worth applying??

If you don't apply your chances are --ZERO--

If you do apply then your chances are > ZERO, which is infinitely better than --ZERO--.

I can only think of one Master Worlds in the past 4-5 years where anyone who really wanted to go was denied a berth. However, given the way the system works, it may be well into June or even July before the last berth allocations get made.

Also, I would think you could apply for entry to the Master Worlds in less time than it takes to type a message into The LaserForum. So why not submit your application for entry now?

..thanks Tracy,,it'd be fun t'be bangin' around the buoys again with 'yer!!!

....I guess the matter of delay is the transfer of funds from mexico,and the fact I don't use credit cards!:p
......I'll be back up norte before applications close though,,so as long as this bootcamp doesn't kill me,,,,,I'll get it in on time
.....good t'hear there won't be a lot of demand on the spots,especially since I won't have a recent regatta in before I apply!

How are berths allocated?
Do your chances change if you are applying as an apprentice, master, grand master, great grand master and whether you will sail standard or radial?
I did not see anywhere on the application a place where you had to pick your sail.
Thanks
E

...good question Emilo,,,,,,,
......at 52 years,,I'm a grand master,yeh??
.......radial sail????:eek:,,,,or full-rig?.

Back