Class Politics Master Worlds 2006 and later

Matt

Hi,

as of today each master class in Korea this year will have its own start at the worlds. Looking at the entry list makes me wonder if this is the right way to race.

Entries:
Standard Rig Alliance 10
RA Laser Radial Apprentice 3
SM Standard Rig Master 15
RM Laser Radial Master 7
SGM Standard Rig Grand Master 9
RGM Laser Radial Grand Master 10
RGGM Laser Radial Great Grand Master 15

There will be a world championship with a max. of 15 participants in the master categorie down to 3 in the radial apprentice categorie.
Why do we not have only two starts at the worlds and split the fleets if there are to many entries. I think it would make more fun to race with more boats and this format is the standard on the european masters tours and at the master europeans.

What do you think??

Hi Matt,
The Master Worlds I have attended have been split into four groups:
1) Standard rig Apprentice
2) Standard rig Master
3) Standard rig Grand Master
4) Radial (Apprentice, Master, Grand Master, Great Grand Master and Women)

However, there were always enough boats to justify separate fleets. At the Master Worlds last year in Fortaleza the Standard Apprentice fleet was a bit small and there was, briefly, some discussion of combining them with the Master fleet. In the end this didn't happen, but, given that, and this year's numbers so far, I would not be surprised to see only two fleets this year in South Korea (Standard and Radial).

FYI, we also race as a combined fleet in North America since entries don't typically warrant separate fleets. But, as I assume is the case in Europe, scores are by aqe group.

Tracy

Matt said:
Hi,

as of today each master class in Korea this year will have its own start at the worlds. .

What do you think??

That is very odd. I wonder why are doing it that way?

Merrily said:
That is very odd. I wonder why are doing it that way?

Optimism.

The Masters' Worlds have always drawn sufficient entries to split the fleets in this manner. Entries for 2006 don't close for two more days (hint! hint!).

If I am going to sail on the other side of the planet, I need some dough...Hint hint!!

mail your contributions to:
Buy Fred A One Way Ticket to Korea
C/O The laser Class Assocition of North America...you can find the rest of the Address yourself.

I am certain there are pleanty of eager folks who would happily buy me a one way ticket to the other side of the planet.

We will use the extra money to support laser sailing in North America.

I will use funds for two of the one way tickets and donate the funds for the other hundred odd tickets to the NA laser Class.

Back