Mast tube repair

LAuman

My 2006 has a visible vertical crack at about 11:00 looking aft. When water gets into the tube, it leaks slowly into the hull until there's about 1" left at the bottom of the tube.
I could treat the crack with penetrating epoxy and perhaps lay a strip of glass tape on it. . . There appears to be enough extra space between the inserted mast and the tube wall.
Does anyone have experience with this and or suggestions?

Generally speaking, it's better to make those repairs from inside the hull. Do you have access to that area of the mast tube?

Generally speaking, it's better to make those repairs from inside the hull. Do you have access to that area of the mast tube?
Yes. . .I installed a port behind the spray coaming when I realized I was picking up water. It'd be a bit of a chore, but I think I could work from inside. (I'll have a look at it.) THANKS for the input.
Anybody else having trouble with their mast tube?

Thanks. I looked at the port between the spray coaming and the d'board slot, and it would be very difficult to reach and work on the mast tube from there. I think I'll try sanding and epoxy sealing the inside of the tube first.

Back