Mast to deck angle

Bob1144

I’m repairing the mast step in which the “donut” had rotted away. Everything else is in good shape but the Mast tube doesn’t look in the original position. It rests against the stern side of the square mound the donut sat in. I can move it 1/2” in any direction. Is there a set angle the mast should be to the deck or do I just center the mast tube within the square mound the donut used to sit in.

First read this: Mast rake explained
Then measure your rake, move the step so that the reading is within the tolerance (3813 +/- 5 mm), and mark it so you know where to position it when you glass it in place.

_

First read this: Mast rake explained
Then measure your rake, move the step so that the reading is within the tolerance (3813 +/- 5 mm), and mark it so you know where to position it when you glass it in place.

_
151,5"?

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_141505.jpg
    IMG_20211120_141505.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 79
Helge, that depends on how you have attached the tape measure to the mast. If the "0" on the scale is actually at the edge of the section, then you have a very upright mast - some 30 mm off the PSA range.

(Damn, now I want to measure mine...)

_

Interesting, I will measure the other (4) boats to. This boat has less weather helm than others. Still it's not difficult to make the boom go block to block.

Back