Mast Step Help

tblaser2222

What I have is an old laser with the mast step let go from the bottom of the hull. I was lucky enough to have someone out with me and was able to hold the mast from ripping out of the deck. Anyways needless to say I have a couple questions if anyone could help.
So I have removed all of the old wood around the base of the mast tube and now would like some advice. My first question is (Since the two pieces of wood are on an angled part of the hull do I angle the wood or build the hull up to a flat surface for the wood to epoxy to?) Second (Any suggestions what I should use directly under the tube for the mast to rub against, it looks like there was a thick layer of resin possibly poured down the tube?) And third (There is now a 1/4 - 1/2 gap between the bottom of the tube and the hull, Do I need to apply weight to the top to get that touching?)
Other than those few things I’m on the way to being back in the water. Any useful info provided will be appreciated. I can email pictues if wanted. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2010-06-27 20.55.09.jpg
    2010-06-27 20.55.09.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 34

Back