Mast retaining line

Radial 171107

I need some advice on a mast retaining line, as my boat isnt legal at the moment without it. Any system will do, i did search 'Mast retainer' but the thumbnails wouldnt display, so please post your pics if you have any. I dont care if the system isnt the best, as long as it works, because apparently the cunningham isnt as good at retaining with the new turbo/pro kit.

Thanks in advance!;)

im not sure that the shock cord would be a good way to keep the mast in the boat. I suggest just using a cheap peice of line that you find laying around in your club work room and running it through the deckplate ring and up and around the mast and tying it above the vang tang. just make sure your mast doesnt rotate to much

It is important to make sure the line does not fall into the mast tub. If it does you run the risk of damaging the inside of the mast tube. With this in mind keep the tails on your knots short. This is why I use shock cord. The shock cord has enough stretch to keep the retainer clear of the tube and still allow the mast to pivot.

Jimmy

Thanks to George at WestCoast, received my parts, put them on this afternoon. Lets take a vote : All in favor of brlaser going out tomorrow ??? Weather now in Baton Rouge 51. No wind, But a cold Canadian low is expected to be here early in the am. Usually with some wind. Let's here it all in favor :

:cool: Thanks to George at WestCoast, received my parts, put them on this afternoon. Lets take a vote : All in favor of brlaser going out tomorrow ??? Weather now in Baton Rouge 51. No wind, But a cold Canadian low is expected to be here early in the am. Usually with some wind. Let's here it all in favor :

Back