Mast / Boom Transport

mjgill1

My son bought a laser and will tow it behind a small car. No truck to haul boom and mast. Looking for options to put them on the boat or trailer during transport. Would really appreciate some pictures of ideas or links to a place I could get something for him.
I know there are some bags you can buy for the mast sections and boom. Are there other methods of transporting these items on the boat? Can anyone direct me to where I could see some different options?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I have used those supports; they do the job just fine.
I use a strap to hold both the hull and the spars on my Trailex trailer

Hey thanks for that. As far as the lines on the rig goes, do you just wrap them with another line or velcro or something when transporting?

Hey thanks for that. As far as the lines on the rig goes, do you just wrap them with another line or velcro or something when transporting?
The sheet is taken off the boom and goes in a bag (with the vang etc.) and the bag goes in the car.
The outhaul stays with the boom; I just drop the ('front') end in the cockpit. Haven't had a problem, so far :)

As far as the lines on the rig goes, do you just wrap them with another line or velcro or something when transporting?
I take everything off both the spars and hull, except the traveller, hiking strap line, and the centreboard elastic. There's a reason why there's a pocket in the blade bag ;) (Although I think I had a separate box for the running rigging before I had any blade bag at all.)

_

Back