Mast and spars holder when trailering

oldfish

what methods or devices do you folks use to secure mast and spars when trailering your sunfish?
thanks.

I made this from a $10 piece of plastic and a steel rod.

mast caddie 1.jpg mast caddie 2.jpg

Reactions: tag
I made the support below from plywood (two 3/4" pieces glued together), PVS pipe (sized to fit the mast hole), and indoor/outdoor carpet. That supports the spars & mast forward; for the aft they rest on a boat cushion (the cheap kind with two straps sewn on). The cushion and spars are tied to a line that also serves to keep the boat on the trailer.
Spar support - 1.jpg Spar support - 2.jpg

Hi.... In a similar creative vein I designed two "goal post" type crutches out of PVC pipes. For about $12 at Menards I got every thing I needed. There's a standard pipe size that exactly fits the mast hole, and I added a 1/2" alum.rod that fit perfectly in the gudgeon. With a few attached 1/4" ropes I tie mast and spars together, then tie thru the mast cleat and around the gudgeon. Way cool and way cheap!

Hi.... In a similar creative vein I designed two "goal post" type crutches out of PVC pipes. For about $12 at Menards I got every thing I needed. There's a standard pipe size that exactly fits the mast hole, and I added a 1/2" alum.rod that fit perfectly in the gudgeon. With a few attached 1/4" ropes I tie mast and spars together, then tie thru the mast cleat and around the gudgeon. Way cool and way cheap!
any pics??

Back