Marburg M14

MarburgM14

I just picked up a nice little 14' wind scooter reminiscent of a sunfish. I'll be dang to find any info or history about it. The label on the forward deck says, Marburg M14 of Kensington, MD. I'm just really curious because it seems like a very nicely built little boat. Anybody heard of these? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6503.JPG
    IMG_6503.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6502.JPG
    IMG_6502.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6501.JPG
    IMG_6501.JPG
    727.8 KB · Views: 60
I just picked up a nice little 14' wind scooter reminiscent of a sunfish. I'll be dang to find any info or history about it. The label on the forward deck says, Marburg M14 of Kensington, MD. I'm just really curious because it seems like a very nicely built little boat. Anybody heard of these? Thanks

I don't know much more than you.I have one too! It seems like a prototype to me as the rudder on mine does not fit in a finished manner.

Here is a video of me sailing her this weekend:

Yes! I have one. My father purchased ours new in the early mid 70's from the builder, we lived in Potomac, MD. I still have the boat and sail it. There is a little plate on the rear transom to the left of the rudder fixture with "SAILBOATS UNLIMITED" embedded in the fiberglass. But I remember my father mentioning Marburg 14. It is really well built. The Castle worked well for us too, as that is our family name.
P5261212.jpeg
PA090257.jpeg
PA090266.jpeg
PA090288.jpeg
PA090290.jpeg
Unfortunately I have lost my daggerboard. Would you be able to post a photo of the daggerboard with measurements? Length, Width and Thickness? Thank you for sharing!

That is great - thanks for sharing!
Unfortunately I obtained the boat in a trade for an old kayak I had. The guy wanted rid of the Marburg because body of water he sailed was too shallow. He turtled the boat and the mast became marred in the mud and he had a devil of a time getting it free. No damage at all to the boat - however he lost the dagger board and any "desire" to ever do that again. :)

Maybe the OP @MarburgM14 still has the original and can provide this information. I am using a wooden sunfish board sanded to fit.

Yes! I have one. My father purchased ours new in the early mid 70's from the builder, we lived in Potomac, MD. I still have the boat and sail it. There is a little plate on the rear transom to the left of the rudder fixture with "SAILBOATS UNLIMITED" embedded in the fiberglass. But I remember my father mentioning Marburg 14. It is really well built. The Castle worked well for us too, as that is our family name.

Back