Class Politics Making Travel Plans for 2006

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
"The owner of the company where I work has offered me first choice on vacation time for 2006 but I must make my decisions by September 15 or forfeit that chance to someone else."

Is anyone outside of Florida and Texas planning to host a North American Laser event of any sort in 2006? I went to the www.laser.org regatta schedule and found only two regattas for 2006. One is just down the street from my house and I will attend for sure. The other is more than a days drive from my home but if it is really the only other Laser regatta planned for 2006 I guess I must plan on going to it.

The web page will be updated when we have the venues and dates finalized (and, for example, they haven't been for the Nationals in Texas next year).

The preliminary plan subject to final verification:

MWE in Clearwater, dates are posted (grade 1)
MWW in Mission Bay either right before or right after (before we hope) ABYC OCR, dates to be finalized soon (trying to shuffle three SoCal regattas to make it all work "perfectly") (grade 2)
NA's in St Margaret's Bay in mid July (to be finalized) (continental grade 1)
Women's Radial NA's in Ft Lauderdale (dates are set too) (continental grade 1)
The ACC's before that and not too far away (to be finalized) (grade 2)
The US Nationals in Texas (host and date in progress) (grade 2)
The GCC's before or after that and close by (to be determined) (grade 2)
The PCC's at Cabrillo Beach the sat-mon before the start of the Radial Worlds in LA. (grade 2)
CORK at its normal time and place (grade 1)

The rest (Canadian Champs - grade 2, GLKs, NCC's) are in progress as well but I don't remember off the top of my head. (sorry, but am getting old).

Master's NA's at Sewanahaka (dates are set... see Master's web page, Sept I think?)
Master's US Nationals aiming at Milwaukee, dates to be determined

etc.

The plan is to have majors scheduled with NOR's posted and in the ISAF calendar (for the ranked events) by the end of September.

You can watch the progress on the website at www.laser.org and follow the "racinig" tab then click on "future regattas" then on "2006".

As soon as 2006 is done we want to start looking seriously at 2007. We'll be attempting to follow the "rotation schedule" you can find on the future regattas page (though we reserve the right to not follow it if a better host appears).

Finally, while I am here typing... The 2006 Laser Worlds are scheduled for South Korea near the end of October. This means we will again have an "early" cut off to the Grand Prix in terms of who qualifies for the worlds from that list. I currently **believe** that the 2007 system will be under ISAF's control (as 2003 was). I hope we can return to "normal" in 2008 with respect to the GP and worlds berths.

As for the Radial Worlds, it is my understanding that some quota system will be in place but as I type this I don't know how many slots, etc. I expect that we will understand everything by the end of the World Council meeting in Brazil at the end of the month.

hope this isn't information overload...

Tracy

three things:
1. Great list. Thanks for all the work
2. I was whining about the people who have yet to list their events with the website's automated listing feature.
3. I mostly wanted to get that destructive thread about blistering off the headline page.

SO... EVERYBODY POST YOUR LOCAL REGATTAS!!!! Go to laser.org. Go to "upcoming regattas."Click on "more" and add your listing....TODAY!!!

Question: "NA's in St Margaret's Bay in mid July" is that the SMB in Nova Scotia? Or is there anyother SMB somewhere? It would be so sweet to have NA's here, I'd just go chill with all the pros (I live on SMB all summer :)).

David said:
Question: "NA's in St Margaret's Bay in mid July" is that the SMB in Nova Scotia? Or is there anyother SMB somewhere? It would be so sweet to have NA's here, I'd just go chill with all the pros (I live on SMB all summer :)).

Yes, that would be the St Margaret's Bay in Nova Scotia.

Sounds like you are all set!

Back