mainsheet loose between boom pulleys

Serpant

Retain sheet with a couple of boom sail clips thru existing sail to boom clips between boom pulleys. Works great for me

I bought a couple of Velcro clips from intensity sails for $3.99 each to fix that problem if the free solution doesn’t work for you.

For what it's worth...90% of my capsizes has to be the boom hooking my life jacket in heavier winds, when tacking. I've got a bunch of Velcro strips, that for the most part work, unless something snags... oops... yeah...I was thirsty!

I just used a couple zip-ties to keep the mainsheet close to the boom. works well for me so far.

The Intensity Sail clips are very nice...

masthead-mainsheet-hangers-for-the-sunfish-set-of-2-2.gif

I also use duct tape mainsheet hangers like L&VW's, but I use black Gorilla tape as it is more waterproof and lasts several seasons before needing to be replaced. Install two of them spaced between the two blocks to keep the mainsheet close to the boom (and off the back of my PFD when tacking.)

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

I like the duck tape idea except might want to put a piece of aluminum or ss tube thru where sheet runs on tape. tube might be slightly flared both ends

Glad to see solutions to this problem. It was plaguing me a couple of weeks ago. Think I'll look into the intensity clips...

Retain sheet with a couple of boom sail clips thru existing sail to boom clips between boom pulleys. Works great for me
For what it's worth...90% of my capsizes has to be the boom hooking my life jacket in heavier winds, when tacking. I've got a bunch of Velcro strips, that for the most part work, unless something snags... oops... yeah...I was thirsty!

I had same problem and fixed it with tiewraps and also adjusting boom and gaff to lift boom higher and give a bit more head room. Now I have to concentrate on a smoother tacking procedure to make sure I do not loose the tiller when changing hands behind my back

Back