Maiden voyage

FrankK

So I managed to get the Sunfish all squared away, paperwork wise. Thank you AAA ladies!
So today my son and I took the boat up to Crowley and met up with our friends and their tri-maran.
They whupped us across the lake. But we had fun and some good sailing all the way to the middle of the lake, then the wind died.
I paddled us back and my son steered, then close to our launch site the wind started ripping, the string that ties the bottom corner of the sail to the spar broke, and it was generally chaotic fun and we got it back to shore.
No picks from the boat but here are some from shore:

CBB64593-6CC7-4AC2-9608-6A813D3020F3.jpeg
CBB64593-6CC7-4AC2-9608-6A813D3020F3.jpeg
323FD3C1-A2C7-487C-8EA1-A10D504F162F.jpeg
2DEF274D-FEEE-4124-A810-CCEF84613309.jpeg
1F0740BC-10FB-4EDC-BFDE-8E5508986C60.jpeg

And I love this boat that was docked at the marina

E2201309-D6D0-4365-9D57-D0223EFEB70B.jpeg

It is a yoga thing that you roll yourself on like a massage. I got it at Kmart for $15, I couldn’t find any funnoodles to use as padding. It works good and stays put where it is behind the slash guard.

Although they're a tiny-bit skinnier than the usual swim-noodles, Dollar Tree has swim-noodles @ $1 each. :)

It is a yoga thing that you roll yourself on like a massage. I got it at Kmart for $15, I couldn’t find any funnoodles to use as padding. It works good and stays put where it is behind the slash guard.
:eek:

With that "metallicized" finish on the splash guard, it only appears like you need a "slash guard". ;)

Well actually according to this book that I may have been reading:

“The use of a “slash guard” was popular on earlier Sunfish, from the mid 11th century, until the 1370’s, when the emergence of black powder rifles on the battlefield reduced the amount of slashing. Some historians theorize that it wasn’t the danger of smaller arms that caused this change, but rather the fact that castles weren’t designed to withstand cannon fire. Sunfish were primarily used to cross the moats of these large structures and after their obsolescence, the role of the Sunfish changed and they no longer were produced with slash guards.”
Ch: 7 Paragraph: 2 “The improbably history of small Medieval vessels”

Back