Mac at Southeast ?? Sails

Could someone please provide contact email and or phone for Mac, the Florida sailmaker who often sells on Ebay and makes a non-class legal Sunfish racing sail?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hey,

Don't laugh at the tyvek sails idea. A real sail loft has actually made sails for race boats out of tyvek. The particular boat sails out of florida (I think an Olsen 30) and has done quite well with them. The sails are several seasons old and still being used. You may see more in the future.

But they don't say lowes house wrap on them!

Found the information that I was thinking of....the boat is a wavelength 24 called White Donkey. The loft was UK Tampa. Apparently another Wavelength 24 Mal deMer also uses a tyvek headsail.

Just from another viewpoint...that Mac guy quoted me a 'special color combonation' sail at his usual price. Three weeks went by and I still didn't have my sail so I called him. He identified me by caller id i suppose and then proceeded to tell me that he couldn't get the color that I had asked for. He said he didn't contact me because he didn't know how, despite the fact that he had my cc info (had already charged me) and my address. I canceled my order and placed an order with yankeeboat.com and got a North Sails sail for what i think is a reasonable price and within a reasonable timeframe. Just my 2 cents...

It is very unusual to have problems like this from Mac. I have had several sails from him for my J-24 and they have been good and low cost. His web site is http://www.southsailsflorida.com/ . Mac sails a Sunfish now and then and I have raced against him in club races when he has used his sails on an OLD sunfish. The is a big guy and does quite well.

Back