Luios Vitton Cup

macwas16

ok folks i know this isn't really laser related but i figured that someone here could help me out.

first question - what is the time diff between new zealand and easten time?

second question - i was whatching allighni vs one world last night (rerun)
and they said it was round robin 2 "flight 2". what is a "flight"

I'M DYING TO KNOW!

I have absolutely no clue what anything in your topic means!
Glad I could help!

Seth

[quote:cd98dc4822="macwas16"]ok folks i know this isn't really laser related but i figured that someone here could help me out.

first question - what is the time diff between new zealand and easten time?

second question - i was whatching allighni vs one world last night (rerun)
and they said it was round robin 2 "flight 2". what is a "flight"

I'M DYING TO KNOW![/quote:cd98dc4822]

I think they are 13 hours ahead of us. Flight 2 means that it is there second race of that round. Alinghi handed OneWorld there first defeat of the LVC. If you have a chance to follow the racing I highly recommend it; if you are unfamilier with the LVC whomever wins gets to challenge Team New Zealand for the America's Cup. This is the best of the best that sailing has to offer. Teams like Prada, Alinhi, OneWorld have 50 million dollar syndicates. Oracle / BMW has a 80 -90 million dollar campaign going on right now. This is were technology meets talent.

To check it out in more detail go to. 8)
http://www.louisvuittoncup.com

[b:cd98dc4822]WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO WIN...!!![/b:cd98dc4822]

ummm...k

i know all of that because i'm an advid sail magazine subscriber. i just didn't understand the terms they use but shortly after i posted i figured it out on my own. as for your question, prada is looking very strong as well as alinghi. i don't know who will win the LVC but whomever does i'm sure will be the next defender. TNZ has just lost too many key players :(

[size=18:4efed37712][b:4efed37712]KENZ CALL[/b:4efed37712][/size:4efed37712]

[u:4efed37712]Double Chance Group (Alinghi, Oneworld)[/u:4efed37712]
[b:4efed37712]ALINGHI[/b:4efed37712]
[b:4efed37712]ONEWORLD[/b:4efed37712]
[i:4efed37712]SemiFinals[/i:4efed37712]
[b:4efed37712]ORACLE / BMW[/b:4efed37712]
[b:4efed37712]PRADA[/b:4efed37712]
[u:4efed37712]Single Chance Group (Oracle, Prada)[/u:4efed37712]

[u:4efed37712]Double Chance Loser (Alinghi)[/u:4efed37712] Winner (SF)
[b:4efed37712]ALINGHI[/b:4efed37712]
[i:4efed37712]SF Repechage[/i:4efed37712]
[b:4efed37712]PRADA[/b:4efed37712]
[u:4efed37712]Single Chance Winner (Prada)[/u:4efed37712],...I Hope

Winner (SFR)
[b:4efed37712]LVC[/b:4efed37712] [i:4efed37712]Finals[/i:4efed37712]-->[b:4efed37712]ALINGHI[/b:4efed37712] .....unless Prada can beat them
this round.

[i:4efed37712]AC2003[/i:4efed37712]---------> :?: My initial guess would be that even a depleted TNZ has many advantages over a battle weary challenger. The development that they are doing now is the most rigorous at this time. After all they did wip out the XRig in 2000....and walked away with it. The only reason Coutt's did as well as he did is because Barker beat the hell out of him pre AC2000. Also Barker has already beat Coutt's this year in the much touted SMT. Its going to be interesting I'll tell you that much. :) 8)

I also think that it will be pretty tough to beat Team New Zealand. They are still very strong even they lost the "old guard". New Zealanders are dominating the sailing world in all kind of races. I just returned from a one year stay in New Zealand. I got the chance to meet a few guys of TNZ. They were on a tour around NZ and we raced a bit on Etchells. That was pretty awesome.

I also think that their new boat will be a step ahead of the other boats. But we don't know anything for sure until we'll see them out on the water facing another syndicate (it looks like it will be Alinghi or OneWorld)...

I would love if OneWorld brought the Cup back to the US. Spithill is only 23, the youngest driver ever to drive in the cup and he's already laying them to waste.

It will be interesting if he can consistently beat Coute's.

OneWorld lost against Alinghi in Round Robin 2 and Alinghi lost against OneWorld in RR1, mainly because Alinghi screwed up the start. I think OneWorld has two awesome boats, but i'm not too sure if Spithill will be able to match the experience of Russel Coutts.

[quote:d56e7b8315="sui805"]OneWorld lost against Alinghi in Round Robin 2 and Alinghi lost against OneWorld in RR1, mainly because Alinghi screwed up the start. I think OneWorld has two awesome boats, but i'm not too sure if Spithill will be able to match the experience of Russel Coutts.[/quote:d56e7b8315]

Also keep in mind that Alinghi is going to be deducted 1 point at the end of this round for the whole trade secrets debacle. The difference is that Alinghi doesn't have another driver that is the same if not better that Coutts sitting behind him. With Peter Gilmour doing dial up's for Spithill it takes alot of preasure of.....plus Gilmour is considered to be one of the best drivers on the circiut. Not bad for a backup to Spithill if he starts to fold. Doesn't matter anyway; Prada will probably swoop in and take it anyway. :D

sorry, i think you got something wrong. It's OneWorld who will be deducted one point, not Alinghi. Have a look at http://www.cupviews.com/database/Livearticle.asp?ArtID=1526417822

"OneWorld began Round Robin 1 with a -1 point penalty issued by the arbitration panel as a result of the Team New Zealand secrets scandal."

I doubt that Prada will win the Louis Vuitton Cup because they seem to have a few internal problems in the team. (They just kicked their boat designer out of the team...) Also keep in mind that the level of the last Louis Vuitton Cup (which Prada won) was quite a bit lower than this time.

I stand corrected. :oops:

Agreed...... but don't count Prada out just yet. They may be they one team that can make this interesting in the end. America One had them on the ropes and they pulled it out at the last second. Oracle is having the same internal problems Ellison doesn't like to loose and he's tough to work with, besides he should have never gotton rid of Cayard....but with the Italians thats just how they play, De Angelis is a cool cookie and they made alot of major changes to the boat over the week between RR1 and RR2 .....what ever they did it seems quite a bit faster. They ran Oracle down and passed them on what appeared to be boat speed alone.......like I said if they can upset Alinghi it will make things a whole hell of lot more interesting, although I doubt they'll be able to pull it off.

Being a New Yorker personally I would like to see Stars and Stripes do something; however I think there boat is just to slow and thier afterguard not as strong as some of the big boys. :D

ummm...k

agreed. however i would like to see elison pull it off. i've been following him since the 1998 sydney to hobart race in which his maxi syonara won. i've heard that he isn't such a nice guy but still i'd want to see him win. :D

Re: ummm...k

[quote:bb93849f5e="macwas16"]agreed. however i would like to see elison pull it off. i've been following him since the 1998 sydney to hobart race in which his maxi syonara won. i've heard that he isn't such a nice guy but still i'd want to see him win. :D[/quote:bb93849f5e]

Dude your from Mass. If Dennis Connor wins the next cup will be held in RI.....you could practically watch it from your back yard. :D :D

[quote:bbabd3b356="Goonie"]Any Canadian teams?

Seth[/quote:bbabd3b356]

I think that there's a deal on the table to sell Alberta to Mexico so the Canadians have the money to start up a one boat campaign for 2006. However the government was also thinking about taking the money and starting up another hockey team instead.

Just kidding around....... :D :lol:

Hehe. I bet Alberta would be a GREAT add on to Mexico. They seem to mix SO WELL! Anybody actually know?

Seth

Back