LP making a "new" Sunfish sail

tag

my2fish
well, it sure looks exactly the same, other than maybe a few extra reinforcing panels.

Lee Montes gives a sneak preview of the New Sail In Development by Sunfish Manufacturer, Laser Performance.
Lee interviews International Sunfish Class President, Rich Chapman and finds out his role on the development of the new sail.

not sure LP has a good track record lately with taking control of anything, and North Sails seems to have a good track record.
it doesn't seem like the design has really changed, just that LP wants to control the manufacturing maybe?

LP has always had control. North mad the sails for LP to LP's specs. Now it appears they are moving to a different supplier.

LP just needs to fold, so the class can move on with a new builder. My first 2020 boat was garbage and the warranty replacement has been worse.

The problem is, unlike ILCA, the class does not own the rights to Sunfish, LP does.

The problem is, unlike ILCA, the class does not own the rights to Sunfish, LP does.
Agree. At some point, I would think LP will fold and then who acquires the Sunfish brand? Without the ICLA (Laser), poor quality and limited supply of what they do build, I can't see how they can live on that model.

Agree. At some point, I would think LP will fold and then who acquires the Sunfish brand? Without the ICLA (Laser), poor quality and limited supply of what they do build, I can't see how they can live on that model.

I totally agree. Then I have thought that for the past 6 plus years and some how they are still here. I just don't understand it.

Back