Looks like my old Sunfish is for sale!!

Lol, yes the presentation of that craft is truly excellent. :eek:

Where's Marlin Perkins? And his sidekick Jim? Seeing that ad reminded me of 'Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!' Probably dating myself by admitting this, but I used to watch that program when I was 11 or 12 years old... I suppose it was the granddaddy of all modern animal shows. :rolleyes:

I used to watch 'Daktari' as well, that one had the cool zebra-striped Land Rover... I was even younger when I watched 'Daktari' with my brothers, I seem to recall seeing that program overseas in Europe. :confused:

Johnny Carson did a funny skit one time on Marlin Perkins & Jim, I remember laughing at it because I used to watch the program, and all of Johnny's comments were right on the money, LOL. ;)

I even remember a joke made by 'The Unknown Comic' in the OP's avatar, it went something like this:

"I picked up a gal hitchhiking and she told me she was a magician... she put her hand on my leg and I turned into a motel!" :eek:

Ah, well, that's enough reminiscing for now, those were the good ol' days and we may never see their like again... :(

I couldn't sleep, so I'm having a cold beer and a snack at 0248... remember the toilet paper shortage? When everyone was gripped about the future so they all stocked up on stuff? Well, at one point I bought a bunch of canned goods and dried or processed foods, just in case things really went south, and that included a case of Ramen, go figure. Never touched it until now, for some reason I have this bizarre urge to mack Ramen in the middle of the night. I was gonna donate the case to the local food bank or homeless population, but I never got around to it... so now I have a saucepan full o' Ramen to tackle, I'm pretty sure I won't finish it but the rest can go into the fridge for later, LOL. Meh, a man has to live dangerously at some point, just like those boyz in 'Daktari' & 'Wild Kingdom!' :cool:

Perhaps the $500 is a typo and the seller meant $50, like the 'SCARFACE' line: "50 BUCKS!!!" :eek:

And that bamboo or cane grove may well have supported the boat as she rested on her rail... keeping her in better condition than some realize. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that was an "elegant dining experience" at 0300 this morning... if you think those 'Fish pictures are ugly, I'll draw an uglier picture for you. Moi, sitting at my dining room table in the wee hours, wearing nothing but tired eyes & boxer shorts, cold tinny at hand as I macked a potful of Chicken-Flavored Maruchan Ramen. Well, the suacepan was only half full (2 packets), but I wolfed that cr@p down in record time. You know the old saw: "Hunger is the best sauce!" And whoever said that was damned right... otherwise, I never would've been able to choke the cr@p down, LOL. :confused:

All that was missing was a beautiful gal, and maybe a lit candle on the table... I'm sure my date would've been favorably impressed as I noisily gulped down steaming (serving) spoonfuls of Ramen, slurped directly from the pan, frequently ripped loud belches as I guzzled beer on the side, etc., etc. I'll spare y'all the REALLY ugly details concerning other obnoxious noises heard as I left the table... ya know, sometimes it comes as an absolute shocker that I'm still a bachelor, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Cue the Maxwell Smart line: "AND LOVING IT!!!" Meh, my cats still love me... ;)

Well, I finished three Westerns in 24 hours, guess I'll take a break from the world-class literature and watch some entertainment on the 65" curved screen. What program or genre, you ask? Why, a WESTERN, of course, LOL. Ya live long enough in Redneck Land, that whole Western scene rubs off on ya... I even go to rodeos, I love watching that rodeo action! Some of those gals are hot too, all dressed up in their Western finery, while those hands riding the bulls & broncs are tough... it's a young man's sport, I reckon, but it's pretty fun to watch if you have a few beers, maybe a swig or two from a hip flask. :cool:

WELL, TIME TO GET CLEANED UP AND SEE WHAT MOVIES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH MY ROKU STREAMING STICK... CHEERS!!! :D

Back