What's new

Looking for used Capri 14.2's

sjkingan

State
INDIANA
I am the director of the sailing program here in Michigan City, IN and am looking to add one or two used Capri 14.2's to our program this season. They are very hard to find so I am hoping folks on here might know of any for sale or that might be for sale soon. I would prefer Midwest centric but open to all possibilities at the moment. Thank you!

aquaman

I am the director of the sailing program here in Michigan City, IN and am looking to add one or two used Capri 14.2's to our program this season. They are very hard to find so I am hoping folks on here might know of any for sale or that might be for sale soon. I would prefer Midwest centric but open to all possibilities at the moment. Thank you!
OK I live in the Arlington Heights, Il. area (near northwest Chicago suburban). For years I rented Barnett 14's from their Park District facility located on Lake Arlington. Now before I snagged my Capri online I had an eye on the Capri they owned. It was like a poor orphaned child, sat neglected in the storage yard and only used about once or twice a year, according to a staff member I talked to. When I had approached them about buying it they said it was kept for their sailing program, so no sale possible. That was a few years ago. Now I see that they don't have the Barnetts anymore, they may have terminated the sailing program there. With you credentials as director of a sailing program they may be interested in talking to you. Suggest going online to get contact info for the Arlington Heights Park District and see where it goes. Just last week I went by their facility and saw the poor Capri still sitting in their storage area, cockpit full of ice and debris. I would be nice to see her find a good home.
Let me know if anything comes of this....

Cheers!

stevenwp2

I'm in Orlando FL and will be selling mine for about $1,400 on a good trailer. She's in great shape and improved.

ljwallace

Good morning, SJ. I have a 1988 Capri 14.2 at Lake Freeman (Monticello, IN) on a trailer - $1,500. Can send pictures if you send me your e-mail or mobile. Also would like to talk to about the program. I am a U.S. Sailing Level I instructor. I keep my Catalina 27 at Washington Park.