looking for jib

stanlee

HI -my jib is shot. Stayed out in the sun too long. Does anyone know a roller furling jib for sale? Also, how would one convert to a jib without roller furler? As the sun caused my jib to deteriorate I am thinking it would last longer if it came down between sails

Hi Stan.

The Roller furling jibs come sewn onto the forestay wire. They are also fixed to the swivels at the tack and head grommets with stainless seizing wire.

A roller furling headsail can be removed and replaced with a conventional stay for conventional snap on jibs. You would need to add a halyard and some cleats to hoist the jib.
I think you could also simply ignore/not use the roller furling and put a conventional snap-on jib on the roller furling forestay. Again, you would need to add a halyard and some cleats to hoist the jib. See C14 Handbook.

I trashed my old furling sail and replaced it with a conventional snap-on luff, jib. I fixed the head & tack to the swivels with stainless seizing wire (The luff is not sewn to the wire).This worked well for me.

I also acquired and rigged a conventional stay and halyard and some shackles so that I can easily opt for the furling setup or the conventional setup.

I have a used, white racing jib for sale. About a 5 if 10 is new. $175 including UPS.($425 + new).
If interested, send email and I can send a photo.
[email protected]

Happy New Year!

Back