Looking for Flying Scot Crew

new6232

I am looking for someone to sail with me on the Florida Flying Scot Circuit. One weekend each month except June, July, August. Regattas are held in Miami, Key largo, Sarasota, Jax, etc. The Flying Scot is a fun 19’ with main, jib & spin. My boat is well rigged, new sails, and is top half of the fleet most of the time. Please pass this one to your sailing friends. Contact me off the forum at [email protected]

Bob New

Merritt Island

321 452-2733

Per chance have you enquired at the Flying Scott Sailing Association?

Probably have a bit more interest - ya think? [Here's your sign]

http://www.fssa.com/

Florida Flying Scott Sailing:

Fleet Name: Biscayne Bay
Fleet Number: 88
Sailing Area: Biscayne Bay
District: Florida

Fleet Name: Choctawhatchee Bay
Fleet Number: 28
Sailing Area: Choctawhatchee Bay
District: Gulf

Fleet Name: Clearwater
Fleet Number: 168
Sailing Area: Clearwater

Fleet Name: East Central Florida
Fleet Number: 150
Sailing Area: Lake Eustis

Fleet Name: Key Largo
Fleet Number: 167
Sailing Area: Florida Bay

Fleet Name: Melbourne
Fleet Number: 179
Sailing Area: Indian River Lagoon

Fleet Name: Pensacola Bay
Fleet Number: 87
Sailing Area: Pensacola Bay

Fleet Name: Rudder Club of Jacksonville
Fleet Number: 131
Sailing Area: St. Johns River

Fleet Name: Sarasota
Fleet Contact: Ron Pletsch
Fleet Number: 36
Sailing Area: Sarasota Bay

Fleet Name: St. Andrews Bay
Fleet Number: 75
Sailing Area: St. Andrews Bay

Fleet Name: Garcon Point Spirited Sailors
Fleet Number: 70
Sailing Area: Blackwater Bay

As a fleet captain for one of the fleets noted on the list you generously provided, he is probably already familiar with the other fleets and the association- ya think? :rolleyes: Flying Scot is spelled with only 1 "t"

Geeze - doesn't the Sunfishhh class have enough problems with falling attendances at major reagattas without providing a forum for the Flyinggg Scottt crowd to steal all our best sailors to crew on floatinggg bathtubbbs?

Old Geezer said:
Geeze - doesn't the Sunfishhh class have enough problems with falling attendances at major reagattas without providing a forum for the Flyinggg Scottt crowd to steal all our best sailors to crew on floatinggg bathtubbbs?

Well, my husband calls my Sunfish a tub ....

I have both a Flying Scot and a Sunfish. The Scot has been affectionately referred to as a "Flying Sidewalk"

Where I used to sail on weekends our races were "variety class". All boats of every type started together. We had mainly Sunfish, Hobie cats (14,16,&18 footers) and a fairly large contingent of Flying Squats as we affectionately called them.
We also called them a retirement boat as most folks with cats, lasers, Flying dutchmen, and other faster harder to handle boats ended up in Scot's.

No, I don't own a Flying Scot, but because there seems to be a certain kind of 'disparaging amusement' about the class, let me point out that the Flying Scot has been choosen for several 2005 US Sailing National Championships:
US Women's Sailing Championship
US Men's Sailing Championship
US Championship of Champions

Quite a complement to the Class and its designer (who sailed away from this earth a few years ago).

Wavedancer

Geeze - if the ancient mariners in blue blazers at US Sailing like the Flying Sidewalks then I guess I just have to admit defeat, sell my Sunfish and get a retirement boat.

Do they have a forum where we can debate where to stick my cunningham or whether my cheeks are vibrating?

Back