Looking for a sail with a window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
As the description says, I need a sail with a window. I've started racing my Fish in the local fleet and would like to upgrade my stock windowless sail for one with a window. "just go buy an Intensity sail" they said. Well, I eventually will but I'm also trying to pace my boat upgrades with my skill level, and it this point that doesn't warrant a new sail. LOL

So I'm looking for something used, but not in need of a ton of repair. Something that is race cut, and obviously something with a window. Color, manufacturer, doesn't matter. Just trying to slowly improve skills and the boat at the same time, and this would sure help my maneuvering at the start line!

Dion

jleonard99

Sunny Sailer
Sailcraftri is a great seller, check with him, he usually has a good bit of Sails. Also, if you want a great affordable new sail check out the sunfish Sails for sale by FlyingDragon54 on eBay, the buy it now I think is at 160. They have the window and are colorful and crisp.

JohnCT

Don't sell yourself short.

Someone much smarter then I suggested that learning with substandard equipment results in substandard training.

If you know your equipment is at it's best, you can focus on refining you, which I think is your goal.

Thread starter #4
Yeah, I get it. I'm just trying to fulfill the promise to my better half that I wasn't going to buy a boat and start dumping money into it, which I have already done a lot of so far (new main sheet, clips, block, outhaul), and I already have a couple of other much more expensive hobbies, so this one needs to stay in check.

beldar boathead

Plus Flyingdragon54 sails are of unknown quality, and Intensities are known to be good.

A local sailmake may be able to put a window in your sail for maybe $50.

sailcraftri

I can attest to the Flyingdragon54 sails of being very good quality. I have bought over 50 Sunfish and Minifish sails from him. Stainless steel grommets, race shape sails, windows. He is a former sailmaker that now does these Sunfish sails on the side. They are made by him here in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.