Looking for a Phantom rudder

Status
Not open for further replies.

baseman

On the Water
Thread starter #1
I don't need any of the hardware, I'm just looking for the blade. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know.

I don't need any of the hardware, I'm just looking for the blade. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know.
I had a carpenter just make one based on the old one. But it split again. I am thinking of casting one from epoxy. I suppose if I do that, I can make two and sell you one. Would you be interested? In the alternative, replace the whole system, including gudgeon with a sunfish model. I don't know what other people think, but I never liked the phantom rudder and I think it slows the boat down. anyone else have thoughts on this?

baseman

On the Water
Thread starter #6
I might be interested, depending on the cost.
I don't have any experience with a 'real' Phantom rudder. The one I'm using came from an unknown boat. I cut it down and shaped it similar to the original based on dimensions given to me by a Phantom owner.

baseman

On the Water
Thread starter #8
Herb, I could make a rudder myself, but i don't have an original to use as a template.
I should get a chance to look at one next week. I reshaped the one I have based on pictures, I should be able to see how close I came when I see one in person, but I'll keep this in mind.

I know this is old but worth a try. I believe it is the same as the Sunfish? If I am correct then I can sell you a fiberglass one for $130. More then the wood but it won't crack or need refinishing.

baseman

On the Water
Thread starter #10
John, the Sunfish rudder is not even close in design to a Phantom rudder. I did find one locally. If I get a chance, I'll post a picture.

Hi.......we race these great boats....I have several, came in phenolic plastic and wood......make an offer please Also have hardware, fittings, and dagger boards for these boats
post me back direct acat40@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.