Long Winter’s Nap

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
No garage at the lake, so my Sunfish rests comfortably in the living room for a long winter’s nap. Already dreaming of spring...

Attachments

• B7D3BBC3-50A6-4B8A-9AF3-0A87E871F501.jpeg
    B7D3BBC3-50A6-4B8A-9AF3-0A87E871F501.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 47
I've heard of car engine parts on the kitchen table......but......:)

You must be single or have an addicted sailing gal as a wife

I've heard of car engine parts on the kitchen table......but......:)

You must be single or have an addicted sailing gal as a wife

Mixmkr, you seem to have overlooked one of Breeze Bender's posts. :oops:

The old Sunfish in Wisconsin spends most of the year in the bottom of the boathouse-wish I had done a better job at putting her away last summer. You can see the transom, it's that white rectangular image at the lower left side of the boathouse opening. The doors come down but it is pretty exposed.

Attachments

• 20180806_133101_resized.jpg
    20180806_133101_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
...spends most of the year in the bottom of the boathouse-wish I had done a better job at putting her away last summer.

I wish I had an idyllic boathouse like that! In fact, everybody involved in sailing that I know of would want one like this. Man, what a beautiful spot! Not making matters worse here: can you share a pic of the views from the boathouse?

Menno

*strolling away jealously*

Menno

I wish I had an idyllic boathouse like that! In fact, everybody involved in sailing that I know of would want one like this. Man, what a beautiful spot! Not making matters worse here: can you share a pic of the views from the boathouse?

Menno

*strolling away jealously*

Menno
Hi Menno, This boathouse is on the lake where I first learned to sail back in the 70's. The property was bought by my great grandparents back in 1925. It's just about my favorite place on the planet, Ha ha. I like to sit inside and listen to old records on the Victrola and wait for the wind to pick up to sail or sit in the sand down below. The inside of Breeze Bender's place reminded me of the upper house. The bottom photo is of the upper house. The docks in the second photo are our neighbors who have been there just about as long as my family. The top two photos are from the upper part of the boathouse.

Attachments

• 20180722_182922_resized.jpg
    20180722_182922_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20180722_170840_resized.jpg
    20180722_170840_resized.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180722_174921_resized.jpg
    20180722_174921_resized.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180721_083505_resized.jpg
    20180721_083505_resized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Incredible! Really incredible.

I like to sit inside and listen to old records on the Victrola and wait for the wind to pick up to sail or sit in the sand down below.

This must be the most relaxing phrase of 2018.

According to your name here on the forum, you're from North Cal. My wife is Canadian (Toronto) and has a US friend down the street. The two ladies go out for dinner and drinks and can talk English as much as they want. Her US friend is from North California as well, Eureka Region. She always tells us how beautiful N.Cal is. Seeing your pics, I can understand why she mentions that!

I wish you many happy and healthy years enjoying this piece of paradise!

Menno

Thank you Menno, and many happy and healthy years to you and your family.I went to college just north of Eureka in Arcata CA. Humboldt Bay and some of the lagoons north of there are great for sailing.I had a Snark for a while up there. It is about four hours north of where I am now. Santa Rosa is about an hour north of San Francisco during non commute times. I really like the videos you post and wish I could visit there. My grandpa, who spent many years living in that boathouse, was born in Copenhagen in 1904 and came over on one of those big ocean liners in about 1906. He married my Grandmother shortly after my great grandparents bought that Wisconsin property. There are two sailboats in that boathouse, the old Sunfish that I learned on and a mystery boat which I think is some kind of Laser clone. Wish I could go back and store them better like Breeze Bender!

Back