Lockpit and new deck hardware

fracisco

I have one of the original Laser Lockpits, and I recently updated the Laser deck hardware to the new style cunningham & outhaul controls. My lower section does not fit into the Lockpit as easily, as it now rests on the new deck blocks. Did the Lockpit get updated at some point? Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Currently, since my boat is at home, I have the lockpit unlocked so it's not loading the spar against the deck hardware.

I think they did -- I got one a couple years ago and it fits fine with the new hardware. There's not much clearance but I haven't really had a problem with it.

If it's close maybe you could shave down the upper part of the Lockpit to make a little more room so its not pressing so much? Or if you're feeling really bold, break out the heat gun and soften it up a little and then clamp it down on the lower section to reform it.

What I really need is a solution that places the Lockpit's upper 'deck' about 1/2" higher than it is currently, and still allows the arms to close across the top and hook the grabrails.

Well, the Lockpit was for the yacht club as insurance against junior sailors borrowing parts, and with the boat at home now, it's not as necessary as it was.

Back