"Limp dick" or "Kink dick"

iain_CAN165061

I know this should probably go into the other category with the rules and stuff, but anyways.

"Limp/Kink Dick" is slang for the kinking of the traveller blocks. I was just wondering... is it legal to permanently kink (kink then tape-up) your traveller blocks to reduce the length from end to end?

If it is legal… would it ruin your blocks faster?

iain_CAN165061 said:
I know this should probably go into the other category with the rules and stuff, but anyways.

"Limp/Kink Dick" is slang for the kinking of the traveller blocks. I was just wondering... is it legal to permanently kink (kink then tape-up) your traveller blocks to reduce the length from end to end?

If it is legal… would it ruin your blocks faster?

I think if you kink them it will create a bad sheeting angle because the top block is tilted either to the right or left in an unnatural way.

I have seen it at regottas before. I don't know if it is legal (been my question for a few years). I was always afraid to do it because of the mast bending too far with old spars that I have.

-43574-

I just stcuk a spring between mine. Nobody has ever told me it's illegal, so I don't realy care...

95% of boats I see have duct tape holding them up from what I've seen

Back