Life in the OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ross B

Build it, save up your money and when you finally get sufficiently PO'd with the compromises, buy a Seitech.

I agree with this, you can build it, but I mean honestly, stop wasting your time, and just save money, and go buy the real bloody thing, and you know you will have a dependable product, if you build a cheap one, your just gonna have a cheap piece of junk, the reason their expensive is because of their quality

in the meantime you can always borrow other people's dolly's, or use club dolly's

http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d90000/e87812.asp

Re: Building a Dolly?

i have too many needs to be able to afford something like that. i'm 13 for god's sake, my monthly income is usually less than $25 total

i have too many needs to be able to afford something like that. i'm 13 for god's sake, my monthly income is usually less than $25 total

Yeah, some of us understand that, even if you weren't 13. It's also satisfying to build what you need. Hope your homemade dolly turns out well and serves you for as long as you need it.

I assume you have parents?

if not, get a job

or start saving, your gonna need a car in a couple of years, and you'll have to pay for highschool, and college, and all of those books for classes!

I'm suprised your not in debt up to your ears already! :eek:

if not, get a job

or start saving, your gonna need a car in a couple of years, and you'll have to pay for highschool, and college, and all of those books for classes!

Jeez, the guy asked how to build a dolly.

if not, get a job

Ross, save the non-constructive and rude comments for another board.

I mean honestly, just save money, and buy the real thing! the kid makes it sound like he's poor as dirt and living on the street! he's got parents!!! they should be helping him! at the least his dad could be helping him build a dolly, just go look at a Seitech and copy it

Ross, save the non-constructive and rude comments for another board.
Second.

I mean honestly....
poor as dirt and living on the street! he's got parents!!! ...

Why would you assume kids are automatically supported with expensive toys by parents. Maybe free boats and $400 dollys? Maybe living at home? A future VP hopeful would need to step up and show some maturity and leadership to be taken seriously.

I mean honestly, just save money, and buy the real thing! the kid makes it sound like he's poor as dirt and living on the street! he's got parents!!! they should be helping him! at the least his dad could be helping him build a dolly, just go look at a Seitech and copy it

Dude, not everyone lives in the OC and can tap into the Bank of Mom & Dad when they want! The first step is to get out sailing however he can, then he can start saving for a Seitech dolly later. Yes, a Seitech is much better than a DIY job but a DIY job is WAY better than sitting on the beach. . .

And speaking of getting out sailing, you're doing the PCCs in August, right? It's not too far up the coast from Newport and it's the biggest regatta on the West Coast this summer. Seems like it should be a good regatta for a budding Olympian. . .

Dude, not everyone lives in the OC and can tap into the Bank of Mom & Dad when they want! The first step is to get out sailing however he can, then he can start saving for a Seitech dolly later. Yes, a Seitech is much better than a DIY job but a DIY job is WAY better than sitting on the beach. . .

And speaking of getting out sailing, you're doing the PCCs in August, right? It's not too far up the coast from Newport and it's the biggest regatta on the West Coast this summer. Seems like it should be a good regatta for a budding Olympian. . .

EXACTLY! we just don't have to money to buy all the things i need for the laser. we're a family of five w/ 1 working parent, i don't have a multimillion-dollar inheritance to tap into. if the thing can get my boat in the water than i'm happy

the PCCs in August, right? It's not too far up the coast from Newport and it's the biggest regatta on the West Coast this summer. Seems like it should be a good regatta for a budding Olympian. . .

Don't think I am, it depends on school, time, money, and what kind of shape I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back