Last race of the year. A little conflicted....

Rob B

This weekend will be the last District event of 2008 for my district. I've been looking forward to this for a while and have been preparing for the event.

About a month ago my dog was diagonosed with terminal cancer. She's been with us for 12 years, (a long time for a full sized collie) and she's been with us for pretty much all of the major events we've experienced up till now. We've been watching her close since she was diagnosed and It became apparent yesterday that her time has come. I've set it up to have her put down on thursday.

Now I'm wondering if I gonna be able to get my head in the right place to be able to race on Saturday, but the last thing I want to do is hang around the house without the dog there.

What would you do?

Definitely go sailing, Rob. We had to put our Brittany down last year, and it helped me to get out of the house. The sailing will probably clear your head while you are doing it anyway.

My sincere commiseration's Rob. I'm sure your beloved collie had many years of fun at those Laser events and was a popular lass. I think she would want you to be there doing what you love to do, sailing and hanging with your Laser family.

Go sailing Rob it will clear your head when stuff happens to me I go sailing or
jump on my Harley. Again sorry for your loss and I know when I lost my beloved
Boston Terrier it brought tears to my eyes. Go out on the course and kill em Rob.
we all will be rooting for you.

Go sailing man... I lost my puppy of 14 yrs a few months ago and the only thing that cleared my head was sailing. Worst thing to do is sit around the house. Only time will make it easier but sailing will help you focus somewhere else for awhile...

Deepest condolences on your loss thou... I feel your pain.

Thanks guys. I sould have known what ya'll would say. Thursday is gonna suck really bad. It will take my mind away from it to sail with my district folks.

Rob,

Go sail with a heavy heart. Better than sitting home with a heavy heart. Celebrate her life by being outside. My guess is she loved the outside and being around water.

Well she's down.... It went as well as it could, but she was ready...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I've taken tomorrow off work and will sail this weekend...

Having Scotch now. Remembering the good times

Back