Last Pic

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Here’s one last shot of my ‘69 Super Sailfish. It’s raining, but it really is shiny and beautiful and all original. Green and white, my personal favorite. I’ve owned this one for over 30 years. And a ‘69?? Woodstock, Landing on the moon... I was just a kid, but I knew it was a great time to be one.

But I can’t get nostalgic now, the new owner will be here momentarily. It’s time to downsize the fleet a bit and this will be my third boat sold this summer (two others were Sunfish)

Thanks, Signal Charlie, for posting the ad on your smallboatrestoration site. In an hour or so I’m sure you can update to Sold!
42BD1CF3-08E2-4286-BBE4-A3777A116E55.jpeg

It’s going to a good home. Still...

There’s also a joke that a boater’s happiest days are the day they buy their boat and the day they sell it. That doesn’t hold true for the Sunfish/ Sailfish either! I was sad to see it go, but it’s off to a beautiful lake in Maine with a happy new owner who will love it and care for it as much as I did.

Very nice... but I gotta disagree with those "happiest day" and "hole in the water" jokes, the happiest day of THIS sailor's life was when I sailed my Laser to Isla Norte for the first time and spent the night at the summit. Gotta have a boat small enough to land there, which requires stepping on a reef, carefully "walking" the boat ashore & securing it above the high water mark. Can't be done with a larger boat, gotta go with a smaller craft which just happens to be less expensive... being a notoriously cheap b@stard helps, LOL. :rolleyes:

It's tougher when it's raining, hope the boat doesn't get too wet...She looks great, they are lucky new owners, and you are sending off to find joy with new Skippers. Get their address so you can drop by and sail her :)That's what we plan on doing, the new owners just aren't clued in on our plan yet.

IMG_9668 copy.jpeg

Back