Last Hours of Rudder Voting!!

I'd love to see their marketing research. I've read most of the posts - I've yet to read that the tough tiller handling issue is the cause of the most anguish amongst kids and women, and thus is the impetus that is preventing them from buying a new boat.

If you were to follow most of the posts on this website, you will see that despite essentially being outlawed in 1972, there are still a gazzillion old, pre-1972 rudder systems still out there. Add this fact to the fact about 300-400,000 Sunfishes were sold between 1960 and and 1980, a good 30-40% are still lying around in someone's cellar, and there lies the root of the problem. It's called no communication between past and present owners,

And, if I'm sure you were to further research that issue, I'm sure the inability to go from point A to point B with a Sunfish - read, get the Sunfish from the cellar to a body a water in an easy manner - is the real root of the problem.

The Sunfish has been around now for half a century. Is there an official Sunfish approved moving mechanism, hand held or via a trailer, currently up on the LP website? Don't get me started....

Back