Laser with a furling mast-every seen/sailed one?

Lafayette Mike

Someone has a Laser for sale nearby on Craigslist. They claim it comes with a furling mast/sheet. Anyone every heard of or seen a Laser configured this way? Is it a race legal configuration?

I've never heard of one, but my wife, who sails an old Laser 2, might be interested as its getting harder to control the L2 as we get older.

Thanks

Never heard of it + I'm pretty sure it's not race legal, tho I'm not a racer myself. I've seen youtube's of old non-class races where people wrapped the sail around the mast to "reef" it in, before the days of the radial + 4.7.

I have used the wrap-around-the-mast reefing method before......this was the first time I have ever heard of a "stock" system. Almost intrigues me enough to go look at it, but its an hour or two away.

Thanks

Intriguing ... yes, +1.

I wonder if the seller would be willing to send you a picture of what he's referring too.
If so + if it's interesting mebbe you could post it here.

Looks like the seller is confusingly calling the Laser M halyard system "reefing".

Rare M Model. Ell oh freaking ell. Sail aside, seems like a good deal alone for the covers, dolly and spare parts.

Back