Laser Value Question

mjr119

There is a like brand new 1995 laser near me for sale. It has only been sailed a handful of times. It is complete and has been stored inside this whole time.

Stickers look new. It looks brand new. no trailer. Whats she worth?

It depends on a number of things. Is it full or radial rig? How many sails does it come with? Are they Laser brand sales or knock offs - like Intensity, etc?

I am in Ontario a boat that age would go for about $2500 - 3000 with two sails and a dolly.

It comes with one full rig Laser sail.

Here are some pics.
DSC00254.jpg

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • DSC00254.jpg
    DSC00254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • DSC00255.jpg
    DSC00255.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • DSC00256.jpg
    DSC00256.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
BTW. I sold a 98' hull rigged identical as this one but no where as clean for $1000. Sold it in a week.

I am. He is back in town next weekend. Will purchase and report back. She looks clean! Thanks all!

Just stumbled across this thread, call that seller and tell him you DEFINITELY want the boat and you HAVE THE CASH... that's one heckuva deal for a Laser in such good shape, even without a trailer. If you're handy, you can make or modify a trailer to haul the boat for little enough, that boat looks to be in excellent condition and is well worth the lousy grand. The money you save on restoring the boat can be applied toward purchase or modification of a trailer, aye? BUY HER ASAP, THAT'S MY $.02, YOU'LL REGRET IT IF YA DON'T, LOL. :confused:

Beautiful boat, looks identical to the Youth Worlds boats of the same year. The girls' fleet used exactly those yellow "Graffiti" hulls. "Firm" at :eek: ONE thousand USDs? I'd contact that seller NOW and not a minute later to ensure that no one else gets it!

In addition to what is shown you want a trolley, more purchase in the control systems etc, but that's all something we can talk about later...

_

If I lived in the "Tar Heel" (as truck drivers call it), I'd contact that seller and offer him $1200 to cut you outta the deal, LOL... :rolleyes:

Just kidding, OP, but buy that boat PRONTO, she's a keeper, aye? I just answered an ad for a Flying Scot in Olympia, boat needs work but the seller only wants $350, and I can probably beat him down further with a cash offer, LOL. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I would have it tomorrow if he wasn't out of town this weekend. WIll push to pick it up next week if he is available. I told him I definitely want the boat. I don't think it's posted for sale. I posted a WTB ad and he responded. I have a Minifish now. I love these small sailboats! If I can get this Laser, the Mini will be passed down to my wife.

I sailed a Laser in the Dominican a few months ago. It was a blast! I am excited. I'll have to bust out my dry suit to take her for a rip!

I have a double Triton trailer that the Mini and Laser will be sitting on!

I have secured the Laser. It is as nice and as complete as he promised. I have it sitting on my trailer now with the Minifish. I just need a cover asap! Anyone have a spare cover for sale? I would like it to drape down over the sides as much as possible. I won't be able to store them inside on the double. But will definitely have the hulls covered on the trailer.

I have secured the Laser. It is as nice and as complete as he promised. I have it sitting on my trailer now with the Minifish. I just need a cover asap! Anyone have a spare cover for sale? I would like it to drape down over the sides as much as possible. I won't be able to store them inside on the double. But will definitely have the hulls covered on the trailer.

Be aware that if water fills the mast tube and freezes the tube can be damaged. A cover may or may not prevent that. Foam of some kind can inserted into the tube as further protection.

Be aware that if water fills the mast tube and freezes the tube can be damaged. A cover may or may not prevent that. Foam of some kind can inserted into the tube as further protection.
Thanks for the warning. I will find something to put in the hole.

Glad you picked it up. I guess it wasn't the boat I saw a few years ago. Amazing there were two cream puff, only sailed to church on Sunday by a little old lady Lasers so close to each other. Same vintage and color.

5925942D-68BF-4A5B-ADB2-6B12924EFFBD.jpeg

Can anyone confirm which sail I have? Please and thanks

Attachments

• 0E6F960A-3C5C-4379-9B57-F98003BF5263.jpeg
    0E6F960A-3C5C-4379-9B57-F98003BF5263.jpeg
    789.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a very normal post-1986 Mark 1 Standard, probably made by North Sails if it came originally with a Sunfish Laser -built boat.

_

Thanks. So no chance this is a radial sail?

Attachments

• E641CCBD-257D-4551-A541-B05FDED70712.jpeg
    E641CCBD-257D-4551-A541-B05FDED70712.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Thanks. So no chance this is a radial sail?

Among other ways to tell the difference, radial sails have the taller edge of the window forward.

That's a full size sail. As Beldar describes, it has the taller edge of the window on the back.

Newer generation radial sails (>2002?) have blue patches on the corners. However, this would not apply to a boat of your vintage. But like I said, it's a full size sail.

Back