Laser Vago

Tijn

Hi all!
Im a 17 year old sailor who is the lucky owner of a Laser Standard. But after 2/3 years I'd like to chance to another boat. I've been searching on internet for boats that I like, and I ended up with the Vago.. But since im only 17, and i dont weigh more than 80 Kilograms. I wondered if this would be a good choice? I really would love a boat with a trapeze, wich i can sail singlehanded. I do not sail at sea yet, I usually sail at a lake (een meer) called the "veluwe meer". Im from holland btw.

My question: Is this a good choice or what else dyou advise me.

Thanks anyhow, Tijn!

Depending on how good of a sailor you are you could try a moth (they are on the second site posted above). I've seen them sailing and they look awesome. I'd imagine they'll be fairly pricy though.

Moths aren't the right boat for a 17 year old, unlss your parents are willing to fund the never ending costs.. or maybe you have a full time job. It's an experimental class, and very expensive to stay competetive. This also makes boats that are a couple of seasons old very cheap, though no longer competetive.

At 80 kilograms you could sail almost anything, as long as you're a good enough sailor. Trapeze is easy. I weigh 90 and would love to shed off 10 kilograms, hopefully then i'll be able to afford a Contender.

I just love lasers! And my income isnt really that great.. moths seem more like racing boats, and i just sail for fun and relaxing.. I do love to sail fast and stuff so i guess the Vago is a good choice? And what does it cost?

cya,. Tijn

Back