Laser storage racks

blurino

Does anyone know of any racks that can be built that would allow the user to roll the laser on a rack while on a dolly? We are trying to make it easier for some of our less strong sailors to store their lasers!
Thanks!

At my club we have three decker racks built out of p/t lumber. 4x4 uprights, 2x6 cross pieces, 2x4 diagonals. boats on the bottom just sit on their dollies, bow out. boats on the second level are also on their dollies. there is a "u" track made out of p/t decking that you put the dolly bottom bar in, then you pick up your boat by the stern (boat is tied to dolly)and push it in. there is an extra cross piece at the outside end that supports the dolly wheels. you need to be able to pick up somewhere around 100 lb to do this by yourself. the boats on the top rack are still SOL. it is actually harder to get boats down from the top rack since the sterns of the boats on the second level stick out. We put the boats which are used the least on top, and a seniority/most used system for who gets the better spots. I'll take a pic on wed. when i get down to the club again.

hope this helps

Mike

Back