Laser Simulator available at Tacticat

Managing a multi-cultural community of sailors worldwide is not easy.
This forum is an example.

In Tacticat all messaging is recorded and we also have the video of many races, that help us Tacticat Admins to deal with abusive behaviour.

We try to be very strict about using gross language because many users are children, opti sailors, and we can't afford words that might be acceptable in other environments:
-Admins (senior users) will 'mute' any sailor misbehaving and
-A profanity filter checks all messages looking for offensive, racist or gross terms to block them before broadcasting to sailors

But no system is perfect and every now and then a sailor has to be banned. He/she usually asks for readmission and things get back to normal.

So, OliLaser, I'm sorry you felt harrased. As you know everything is recorded (even the filtered messages): if you kindly tell me your tacticat name I'll check all messages to know what went wrong.

Please accept my apologies in advance.

Amando Estela
Tacticat Admin

My Tip: Plan on getting wet and being in the water! I've dealed* with some rough conditions in Savannah but its not really that bad most of the time. I took a power boat trip out today and it was perfectly smooth with about 5mph winds all the way to the beach.

ps.

I like savana good waves i bet your a pro at waves ?
are you
if you are give me tips upwind in 20+ and waves

*of course I meant dealt....

NOW BACK TO TOPIC!!

Tacticat is awesome! Its free, it’s addictive, it’s continuously being changed for the better and it can teach you so much about tactics and rules. Where else can you get 10 races done in 2 hours? Any serious sailor has to include some kind of simulator in their training to keep their mind sharp while the water is hard.

Go and try it! After you get a boat press the following keys it will make things much easier. A, U, V, 3, 3, S, I.

Sail Fast!
Tink.

Re: Tacticat

What a garbage game
would not reccomend to anyone unless you like
a) being harrased by racsist characters
b) not obeying racing rules of sailing
c)listen to people you dont know and will never know bad mouth you

all in all rubish dont play it

I am an admin on Tacticat, and I think you should give Tacticat another shot. Tacticat suffers from the occasional bad apple, just as all other internet communities do. We have some members who use profane language and attempt to exploit rules from time to time. These people are warned and given another shot. Most of the time, people change and become accepted members of the community. If this doesn' t happen, they are removed.

I assure you, the vast majority of Tacticat sailors are great people who are respectful and like to have a good time. They are also very helpful and willing to teach new members about the game, and sailing in general(if needed). It really is amazing to spend a few hours sailing against, and conversing with sailors from all around the world. You are missing out by not joining us.

(This is Hamb by the way.)

Tacticat is awesome! Its free, it’s addictive, it’s continuously being changed for the better and it can teach you so much about tactics and rules. Where else can you get 10 races done in 2 hours? Any serious sailor has to include some kind of simulator in their training to keep their mind sharp while the water is hard.

Go and try it! After you get a boat press the following keys it will make things much easier. A, U, V, 3, 3, S, I.

Sail Fast!
Tink.
No need to press A now Tink.:)

i used this program tonight and was stuck on it for TWO HOURS!!! everyone on in the race was courtious and helpful... and there was 18 boats!!!

I recommend this site to everyone!!

as far as people who are rude etc. there was none to be seen, the internet unfortunately is a place where people can show their true colours, sometimes these colours and not so nice. but this happens everywhere!

overall i had a great experience and .... to be honest am still playing it as i type this.... i will definately be using this on a regular basis... thanks for making it available!

Reon

Who invented this damn program??!! I've spent hours on the wretched thing to the great detriment to wrapping up reports before Christmas! I'm sure I wouldn't always be last if I wasn't always being penalised. If I get infringed by others I then get penalised usually I have no idea why. Bloody thing - will I be back? You bet, hang the report - I'm going there now!

If I get infringed by others I then get penalised usually I have no idea why.

Every time you get penalized (i.e., you are found the guilty one when two boats hit):
- your name will start blinking (gray for the first pen, black if you have more pending pens)
- the system will show a message in your computer (on top, red letters) informing you which rule was applied and some info about that rule, for instance RULE 10: Starboard-Port
- The message will be stored in the chat list, where you can review the history.

If the race is a part of a regatta, or is a team race you can later replay it like a video with the slow, f-f features. You can see which rules were applied in all collisions.

Tacticat rules engine is far from perfect.... but we are always improving it. Right now the most important holes are when more than two boats meet, in those cases Tacticat fails to recognize some boats as obstructions.

aestela.

Final Match of Euro Team League

This evening is the final of Euro Team League at Tacticat.
Two british teams race to win a boat: Highcliff and Parkstone

Date: Jan 3, 2008
Time: 21:00 (GMT & UK time)

The race will be available on-line (21:00) at this free racecast: http://www.tacticat.eu/ETL.php

(you need to have java installed in your computer, when you enter press Z, X and click with the mouse)

Aestela

Tacticat Admin

Back