Laser rental in Belgium

boikie

I would like to rent a Laser for the day (few hours) during my stay in Belgium in September. The only place I found in Google was Sailcenter Limbourg, which is not very close to Brussels, where I'll be based.

Could someone point me in the direction of a club that rents Lasers nearer Brussels? Figuring that the sea is closer to Brussels than Limbourg, maybe somewhere by the sea?

Thanks!

Brussels is not really Laser territory. Or better: boating territory. It's surrounded by hills and meadows. Most sailing is done near the coast: Nieuwpoort, Oostende and some on a wide lake near Antwerp. Furthermore, most Belgian sailors are attending the Dutch competition and the Open Dutch Nationals in September. Best thing to do is get your gear up north and sail with us! You're most welcome. Belgian coastal water is very, very tricky and I would not go out there on my own without a support RIB!

However, if you want to try sailing in Belgium:

Van Laer Sailing would be my first port of call.
Sailcenter Almere Netherlands would be my second. As a matter of fact, I'm meeting the Sailcenter guys tomorrow; if you're planning to use the boat for the Master Worlds, I'm sure that Sailcenter is more than willing to help you.
8 Days A Week Sailing is officially a project by two freelance coaches. But they have a few boats for hire/charter (and the owner is a nice guy according to my son who did a few clinics with them before he raced the Open Belgian Opti Championship - as said, the current near Nieuwpoort in unbelievable strong; you need a professional to teach you the tricks there).

Flemish Yachting Federation perhaps they can point you towards someone with a Laser.

Finally this: we're off to the Dutch Youth Regatta tomorrow around noon. I'll try to catch up with some Belgian parents for some info. Mind you, most kids from Belgium change to the Nacra nowadays, so there's only a small chance that I'll find you someone with a Laser.

Best thing to do is get your gear up north and sail with us! You're most welcome. Belgian coastal water is very, very tricky and I would not go out there on my own without a support RIB!
Thanks for the invitation, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it up north. And thanks for the tip on Belgian coastal waters, will keep that in mind!

if you're planning to use the boat for the Master Worlds, I'm sure that Sailcenter is more than willing to help you.
Nah, just looking to goof around some marks while on holiday, no racing intended.
8 Days A Week Sailing is officially a project by two freelance coaches. But they have a few boats for hire/charter (and the owner is a nice guy according to my son who did a few clinics with them before he raced the Open Belgian Opti Championship - as said, the current near Nieuwpoort in unbelievable strong; you need a professional to teach you the tricks there).
This looks super interesting, I might just book a clinic if there's one available in September!
Finally this: we're off to the Dutch Youth Regatta tomorrow around noon. I'll try to catch up with some Belgian parents for some info. Mind you, most kids from Belgium change to the Nacra nowadays, so there's only a small chance that I'll find you someone with a Laser
Thanks a lot!

Back