Laser Radial Tale Tales

Rawson

Can anyone tell me where to get the measurments for putting tale tales on a radial rig

cheers

Can anyone tell me where to get the measurments for putting tale tales on a radial rig

i put one between the window and the luff and the one about 50cm down fron the head about 10cm in from luff.. i find the cotton tell tales betten then the sail cloth type.

a little of topic but all the laser books that talk about rig set up, are aimed at full rigs
does anybody have any radial rig set up tips ar should it be the same as a full rig

any help to be appreciated.

i have the same setup on all my sails (the being one old sail and one new sail or both radial and full rig)

i dont think the differ all that much

Ahhh well,
Here's my two cents worth.... Make sure you have then 10-12" back from the luff sleeve (turbulance from the mast), if you use wool yarn make sure your clear of the sail seams and put more where your most power in the sail is the bottom third, some in the middle third, and maybe one or two in the top third. You might even think about placing one close to the leech for sailing by-the-lee. Have fun with them, cassette or VHS tape works great, I like to use excess bits of sail numbers to stick'em on, sail repair tape would do fine too. Also check out Dr. Lasers web site for where the rock stars stick'em.
Full sails and streaming tell tales to ya.
Fishingmickey
150087/178894

Back