laser parts

crazysailor

i would like to know if anyone knows a good reliable online retailer of laser parts, i know of APS but i need to know if i can trust them.

Crazy Sailor

crazysailor said:
i would like to know if anyone knows a good reliable online retailer of laser parts, i know of APS but i need to know if i can trust them.

Crazy Sailor

APS, West Coast Sailing, and Layline all have good reputations. West Coast Sailing helps support this site with advertising, which is a plus.

But consider supporting your local retailer -- it's awfully nice to know they're there on some Saturday morning when you're headed to a regatta and find a broken part. They can't survive on just that business alone, though, so try to give them some of your routine business as well.

I always order parts from APS and Layline. I have also found a great place for boat covers from http://www.intensitysails.com. APS is great, I just ordered the new carbon tiller and fatso enxtension and i cant wait to go home to play with them today. You can trust these people with your first born.

While I don't expect anyone to trust us with their first born child, we appreciate all the kind comments about our company.

CrazySailor - we'd love the opportunity to earn your business.

Hey James:

Why does your signature still direct people to your website when you haven't updated it in over 11 weeks? :) Come on, I keep visiting to find out the latest and come away disappointed each time! Let us know what's going on down there!

J

crazysailor said:

Crazy Sailor

Why not try Valley Marine www.valleymarine.ca. They are in your own backyard in Ottawa. You should be able to walk into the place and decide for yourself if you can trust them. If you order from the "States" you will pay more for shipping.

Hey J-orphin:

Yeah the homepage never gets updated.

I have added a product review section and have a deck cover on there so far. I plan on rating everything im given or purchase.

Also wrote a how to with pictures for reinstalling the bailer. I wrote this on Wed. August 9th.

What I do need to update are the regatta results for the District 15 regatta in Austin. And also the rules page of the site need to be reworked.

Thanks for being such a fan of the site it makes me want to continue this thing. I really want to share the knowledge I gain with everyone to make competition better for all.

James

I have purchased from Colie, APS and WestCoast. I found that APS's list prices are cheaper that west coast, but west coast has free shipping and APS does not, so in the end it's a push...

Not to preach to the choir, but having George on this board so frequently really gives WestCoast a leg up in providing excellent service...

pez said:
I have purchased from Colie, APS and WestCoast. I found that APS's list prices are cheaper that west coast, but west coast has free shipping and APS does not, so in the end it's a push...

Not to preach to the choir, but having George on this board so frequently really gives WestCoast a leg up in providing excellent service...

I concur
I like to support the independant retailer as much as possible.
The margins are thin at best & they deserve support in a sport that in the US is just a little less than healthy.
IMHO

yea, strange how similar prices are between vendors... I've spent a considerable amount of time shopping around, and found that the differences are usually a matter of a quarter here and a quarter there... So good service goes a long way...

Back