Laser one man trailering help

terrygar

Hello I have a 95 laser and its in mint condition. I will have to trailer it to sail by myself with no help. I was thinking of modifing a jetski trailer. It would have ramps so I could use the dolly and pull it up onto the trailer and secure it. Then when arriving at the sea, I could lower it off the trailer using the dolly and pull it to shore to rig it. Has anyone tried this ; most of you seasoned sailers who have to trailer alone must have a system for loading and unloading by one man. The boat is too heavy to truck top carry and unload by one man (unless you are superman) or you have engineered a rail system to drag the boat down to the dolly or launch. Help!!! I know this is not a new problem. I have transitioned from windsurfing and stand up paddle racing to lasers and I want to sail.
I live on a canal which is a quarter mile from open water, but you would need power to make the turns and dodge mangroves to make it to the open water.
Thanks
Terry

Hi Terry,
The right on is a great choice. I don't have one, but a friend of mine does, and he tows it with a Fiat!

Best,
Laser 4.7sailor

Trailer with a bow pivot is sweet. You rest the bow on the front of the trailer, then pick up the stern and walk it onto the trailer.

Not sure what your budget is, but this trailer has the bow pivot as an option:

SUT-250L

The Kitty Hawk has a better bow pivot, but they seem to be discontinued.

Back