News Laser Masters Mids East

Hi all:

Today, January 29th, is the last day for pre-registration for the MMWE regatta. Please sign up before 4pm EST today, in order to get a t-shirt included with your registration. The t-shirt order goes in at 4.

Also we had stated that if we did not have 15 boats pre-registered for Radial, we would not have a separate Radial start. As of this morning there are only 5, so I think I can safely say we will not have a separate start for Radials. You can still switch out sails during the regatta in the main fleet, though. Please be sure that all your sails have the same sail number, though.

This is what your scorer looks like when he comes to an anonymous or duplicated sail number on the finish lists :eek:

We'd appreciate it if anyone registering after today would continue to use the Regatta Network registration system, as it makes the whole registration and scoring process so much easier for us.

They generate entry lists for all the age categories for us, and also help us to set up scoring for the regatta. Not to mention enabling you to register and pay your entry fees using credit cards. It's a great service!

IMPORTANT NOTE - the club is not able to accept any credit cards for entry fees at the moment. Please bring a check or cash if you intend to register at the regatta. US dollars only.

Thanks Lainie Regatta Chair

Re: Masters Mids East - 60 boats so far!

Since nobody replied to me, I have to reply to myself . . . <sigh>

I wanted to note again - we only had 4 people register for a separate Radial fleet, so it will be all one big happy fleet.

We do have 60 boats pre-registered as of today. 49 registered using Regatta Network, which we appreciate. Eleven more used snail mail to the club directly. :rolleyes: We appreciate those people too, of course. But we will have to enter their registrations manually to the database for scoring. <whine whine>

We hope lots more people find themselves able to come to Florida to race with us.

Please use Regatta Network to register for your regattas if you can! It does make life so much easier for your regatta organizers.

thx Lainie

Re: Masters Mids East - 60 boats so far!

Since nobody replied to me, I have to reply to myself . . . <sigh>

I wanted to note again - we only had 4 people register for a separate Radial fleet, so it will be all one big happy fleet.

Lainie,

I'm ok with being in the Open fleet. I just signed up for the Radial because it is the sail I usually use and that was available. I didn't know how many other Radial entries snailed mailed entries in. I won't switch to full rig unless it really is forcasted to be light, like last year's MME first few days. Typically we have nice winds this time of year though.

Cindy

You may be just fine using your Rad and you may have lots of company. The wind has been pretty darn good here lately, in the 10 to 18 range.

We generally have more wind than Clearwater, unless a cold front comes through (like today). Then everybody gets 15 - 20 from the NW for a day or two. Brr!

It all depends how close together the weather fronts are over our weekend. Sometimes they're 3 days apart, and then it's windy all around the compass as the old front goes and the new one approaches.

Sometimes they're 10 days apart, and we get lovely warm weather, and the thermal sea breeze kicks in from the West in the afternoons, then as the new front arrives it clocks to the South and picks up.

You know all this, but for the benefit of anyone else looking . .

Check the "big picture" weather map for the Masters week, so you can pack the appropriate clothes. It could be tropical and balmy breezes, or it could be brisk and windy.

Cheers Lainie

If we decide to leave Austin about 30 hours before the first warning signal and to sign up when we get there??? Are we still welcome??

Sure thing! We'll be disappointed if you don't come.

Just don't bring the cold weather with you, ok?

I was hoping for at least 75 boats on the line. So far we have 62 registered.

Gitcher butts down here.

Back