Laser Mast Tube Repair

mbaccus

So I know it is somewhere on this site but can not find it after hours of searching. I need to know where to locate the inspection hatch and I have seen some threads with some how-to's on them. Can anyone point me to those? I'm new to the site and haven't figured it all out yet.

I am unsure if there is an actual inspection hatch on a laser for the mast step, I don't believe there is but I may be mistaken. Possibly you are referencing a porthole, but you would have to install one yourself if there is not one already.

I know I need to add it, I was just looking for where to place it. I want to make sure I'm not too close to the center line and the mast tube when I cut in my hole.

I centered the porthole to the side of the mast tube, and slightly aft a few inches. You will want to have a slight angle to get down to the bottom of the tube/boat. If you are too close to the mast tube, I would worry about the integrity of support for the tube. You definitely do not want to go directly in front of the tube.

Back