Media Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had good news from the latest doctor regarding my foot injury, her findings will vindicate me in every way following the incorrect ObamaCare diagnosis, PFFFFFFFT. No problem, here are some cool photos of my friends' 7.5-acre spread on the west side of town, complete with primo Saguaro Cactus shots, don'tcha know??? LOL.

IMG_8510.JPG IMG_8512.JPG IMG_8514.JPG IMG_8515.JPG IMG_8519.JPG IMG_8521.JPG IMG_8522.JPG IMG_8523.JPG IMG_8525.JPG

Back in a flash with one more round of pics, LOL... this redneck bull$h!t is the BOMB, no doubt, and these CACTI ain't CHEAP, 10-4??? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Round #2 of pics:

IMG_8526.JPG IMG_8527.JPG IMG_8529.JPG IMG_8531.JPG IMG_8535.JPG IMG_8537.JPG IMG_8539.JPG IMG_8541.JPG
IMG_8546.JPG

Hmm, guess I nodded off last night... going back to my friends' property today to put more Saguaros in the ground, and to hold a big ol' BBQ this afternoon. Had a blast there yesterday, and that moon was awesome through the telescope!!! We'll check it out again tonight, no worries. Hey, I was wrong about the cost of the larger Saguaros, the 20' numbers with multiple arms can cost $3.5-4K, go figure... but these folks have more money than I do, LOL. That's not why I like 'em though, they're hard workers and they're putting up a really nice spread over on the west side of town. Once the Saguaros are all planted, my friend Mark is gonna put up a couple of life-sized metal statues or sculptures, an Injun with a bow fighting a cowboy with a rifle, LOL. That's gonna look so cool... I'll be sure to snap some pics once that's all set up. HASTA LUEGO!!! :cool:

P.S. That barn home is NOT my friends' place, that's just a neighbor's house, but it's pretty sweet too... my friends have a primo Southwestern Santa Fe Style home, but I DO like that barn home, LOL. :rolleyes:

Edit: Those piles of gravel will be spread with the skid steer today... I like the fire pit, a metal military box buried in the ground so the lid can be tossed on to kill the fire if the wind picks up, AYE? And how about that working lighthouse in the high desert? Thing lights up and everything, just gotta figure out where we're gonna put it... gotta run some conduit out to it as well. The skid steer will also be used to level ground for the upcoming metal barn to house all the offroad toys, LOL. Mark's gonna put his own pool table in one part of that barn, might even install some living quarters for the 80-year-old caretaker... that ol' boy is a classic Western hand, he started the fire yesterday afternoon with a propane flamethrower and had it roaring in about 20 seconds, LOL. ;)

Nice to see Master Mechanic MuuMuu the Barn Kitty at work, guess she missed me during my absence. She provided entertainment today by break dancing on the roof of a cart, LOL. Cue the M.C. Hammer: "CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!" :eek:

IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8604.JPG IMG_8610.JPG

Gotta love MuuMuu the Barn Kitty, she's the only one authorized to play rap or hip-hop of any sort in the barn... all others get their fingers broken mobster-style when they touch the radio dial, LOL. ;)

Damn, this cold Corona with lime wedge is hittin' the spot right now... CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

When I was a younger man and dinosaurs roamed the earth, I dreamt of owning a Swan 86, somehow I became enamored of that class and thought how cool it would be to cruise the world aboard such an elegant yet efficiently-designed yacht. Over the decades, as dreams literally crashed to the ground, I came to value & appreciate the fact that I could STILL go sailing aboard a Laser or Minifish, and it would cost me a $h!t ton LESS, LOL. Now, in retrospect, I think to myself, "Good thing those dreams never came true, look at how much money I SAVED in boat price, moorage, insurance & maintenance costs, registration fees, etc." :confused:

There's some sort of sick & twisted moral to this story, a nautical fable if you will... but damned if I know exactly what that moral is. What if the cosmos actually INTENDED for me to take the Zen Buddhist route [i.e. broked!ck friggin' poverty, LOL] as opposed to the materialistic route, all flash but no spiritual redemption, LOL. Perhaps the cosmos was doing me a big ol' solid favor, aye? Of course, I missed the fast Lamborghinis & Ferraris, but I also SAVED MONEY by being a complete financial peon. Well, maybe not a PEON, but something along those lines, LOL. Lower tax bracket, for sure... not always a bad thing, go figure. :rolleyes:

Those are my musings tonight, the musings of a lifelong sailor now situated in the wilds of Arizona, high desert country but still in striking range of the coast... on paid vacay, LOL. I'm wondering if I'm gonna get my $450 back in this Work Comp clusterf#%, maybe even have my lost paid sick days & lost vacay hours restored---a week's worth, at least, my spring sailing vacay in Dago. If I don't recoup the hours, I have to wait till fall to go sailing, no big deal because Indian Summers are great on the water, LOL. Well, I'm back to my cold drink and funky (yet hilarious) surf flick, one of those where the 'director' created an unintentional comedy... nothin' wrong with it, laughter is the best medicine. ;)

CHEERS!!! AND HASTA LUEGO!!! :cool:

HOLY COW!!! Got the MRI results back for my injured foot, and the report reads like a friggin' grocery list, or The Great American Novel, take yer pick. :confused:

With no further ado, I will type the results verbatim, perhaps one of youse nautical heroes will recognize the lingo, might as well be Ancient Greek or goddam Swahili to this kid, LOL. :rolleyes:

HERE WE GO WITH THE RESULTS, I WON'T BOTHER USING QUOTATION MARKS & WHATNOT... :D

FINDINGS: The examination is limited due to patient motion artifact.

There is moderate subcutaneous soft tissue edema noted involving the midfoot and forefoot region diffusely.

There are arthritic changes of the talonavicular joint. There are mild arthritic changes at the tarsal-metatarsal junction.

There is mild intermetatarsal bursitis of the first and third intermetatarsal spaces. The flexor and extensor tendons appear intact.

There is Morton's neuroma of the second intermetatarsal space.

There are degenerative changes of the sesamoids. There is tenosynovitis of the flexor tendon of the big toe.

There is capsular synovitis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint. There are a few marginal erosions involving the head of the first metatarsal.

The plantar plates appear intact.

SWEET TAP-DANCIN' BABY JESUS, BOYZ!!! I think my ol' body is FALLIN' APART!!! Of course, some of that damage listed must be due to decades of BMX, MX, vertical skateboarding & technical rock climbing, AYE??? But DAMN, if things get any WORSE I'm ready to GO POSTAL & SPRAY THE FREAKING 'HOOD WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS FIRE, LOL. :eek:

No, wait, if I have trouble with a stubborn 780-lb. cart in the future, I'll bust out the SWEET LEVER-ACTION .44 MAGNUM RIFLE, make like I'm in some old Western & put so many bullets into that p.o.s. golf cart that it'll look like SWISS CHEESE, LOL. I'm talkin' about reloading the magazine multiple times, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :mad:

BTW, I think whoever wrote the report must have smoked one o' those 'metatarsophalangeal joints'---I'm talkin' the GOOD $H!T, LOL. Probably take me at least a week to figure out what all that means in plain English... "YOU'RE GONNA LIVE, BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO AMPUTATE AT THE NECK!!!" ;)

P.S. Y'all suppose any of that damage occurred during DECADES of hiking out, with the forepart of each foot under the hiking strap? Meh, I wouldn't change a thing even if SAILING is the culprit, LOL... gotta have a trade-off somewhere, and I ain't givin' up my small craft sailing, though I will undoubtedly go with a larger boat next time, something between 27' to 30' so there's no actual HIKING, except for walking from my vehicle to the rental dock, LOL. :cool:

Edit: Remember, this MRI wasn't taken until 13 DAYS after the injury occurred, with an incorrect diagnosis of gout given by a quack doctor early on in the painful sequence. In fact, I've had ZERO PAIN MEDS throughout this ObamaCare Ordeal, barring vino, cold beer, and my trusty Cuervo Blue Agave Tequila, don'tcha know??? And people wonder why I'm gonna vote for Trump... maybe one day he'll clean up the whole ObamaCare racket. :(

Edit #2: Those SESAMOIDS, will those be found on my hamburger bun when I make a BIG OL' GREASY DOUBLE-CHEESEBURGER TONIGHT??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Foot felt marginally better today, as I wore a different pair of boots designed for hiking, not my usual work boots. Still swappin' out lidocaine patches for Tiger Balm patches, whatever it takes to get through this week. Just one more day, an easy Friday with Master Mechanic MuuMuu the Barn Kitty to keep me company, we'll have the barn to ourselves for much of the day tomorrow. Suits me, I'm working on a stubborn cart which I suspect has carburetor issues, I'll take the carb apart manana and clean it up, see if it works... might be a fuel pump issue, since the motor is trying to start but it seems no fuel is being delivered. I'll check the entire fuel line and clean or swap out the spark plug too, but all that happens tomorrow with the radio on and $h!tkickin' redneck tunes playin' in the background, LOL. I've already load-tested the battery & ruled out solenoid & fuse problems, though there still might be an electrical glitch in the wiring, ye olde 'ghost in the machine.' The fly in the ointment, the monkey in the wrench, all that good $h!t that burns up time on the clock, LOL. Gotta look at the positive side of everything when you're my age, no doubt about it. :confused:

I'm back to my chilled 'Skeeter' or Moscato vino, I've taken a liking to this cheap wine, it does the job with the foot pain, LOL... :rolleyes:

CHEERS!!! ;)

Last edited:
Well, I made it through the workweek, but my foot is aching again and it's still red & swollen, so maybe another freakin' cortisone shot is in order... this whole time, I've had ZERO pain meds because the first quack botched the diagnosis, guess I go to the local drug dealer next to FINALLY get some RELIEF for this foot pain, PFFFFFFFFT. In the meantime, alcohol will have to do, that and another Tiger Balm patch as soon as I grab a hot shower (and another cold beer). ;)

I was occupied at work today, even though I was trying to give my foot a break after a long week, so I didn't get any shots of MuuMuu the Barn Kitty, she was up in her cat bed on a high shelf when I finally thought of the camera, and I wasn't up to climbing up there to get some pics, ya know? However, I DID get some random shots while taking a cart cruise at the end of my work day, on cart paths and service roads here and there on the course. :rolleyes:

IMG_8638.JPG IMG_8640.JPG IMG_8641.JPG IMG_8642.JPG IMG_8643.JPG IMG_8645.JPG IMG_8646.JPG IMG_8647.JPG IMG_8648.JPG IMG_8649.JPG IMG_8650.JPG IMG_8651.JPG

Well, most of those shots were taken on back service roads and "short cuts" we use to access various holes on the course, but you get the idea... and look at that clearing sky after two days of rain, thanks to the fresh clean air the clouds are so REAL that they look FAKE, LOL. That's what I love about living here, the atmosphere is beneficial in multiple ways. Gotta get cleaned up and tame this foot down, but I'll be back to make an observation on this "Coronavirus." :confused:

New plan: tame the foot down with a cold compress before I take that hot shower... I keep one of those large folding 'Contour Pak' gel numbers (or whatever it is) in my freezer for situations like this, where I need to tame down pain in a hurry. Thing is workin' too, I have it wrapped around my foot right now and it's doing the job on that miserable 'Morton's neuroma' cr@p... the fresh beer is helping too, LOL. I reckon I'll still need another cortisone shot from the good doctor who gave me the first one, that or I'll order the cortisone off the Internet and shoot it myself, aye? Anything to get rid of this aching foot, I'm already sick & tired of it. :confused:

P.S. Time for that hot shower, the cold compress seems to have taken the edge off, but it might also be the beer, LOL. CHEERS!!! :cool:

Aaaah, another glorious spring day here in the wilds of southeastern Arizona, weather is fantastic and couldn't possibly be any better, LOL. We're enjoying an early spring here in this burg, fields of wildflowers are already going off and the scenery is magnificent!!! While I was out running errands and pulling the resupply number, I stopped to take a few pics here & there... saw a cool 4-seater side-by-side Can-Am model suitable for a family man, though if I owned it there would be 4 partyin' mofos aboard, a recipe for disaster if ever there was one, LOL. :eek:

Here we go with the pics, I'll clarify some points afterward, aye? Enjoy, youse nautical hee-roes!!! Sure is sweet weather here, wild birds going off in my yard, the whole shebang... :rolleyes:

IMG_8689.JPG IMG_8691.JPG IMG_8696.JPG IMG_8695.JPG IMG_8686.JPG IMG_8682.JPG IMG_8697.JPG IMG_8698.JPG IMG_8700.JPG IMG_8733.JPG

There are always RVs & big trucks in the WallyWorld parking lot, but I noticed that RV rig with the ice cream panel van on a trailer astern... probably some semi-retired couple who help fund their RV lifestyle by working rodeos, fairs, circuses, and other events. Nothin' wrong with it, gotta love Americans who get things done, one way or another... ;)

That home in the pics after the RV & ice cream rig is one I like here in town, the bare dirt landscaping serves a purpose, folks can spot snakes & other critters pronto... a true Western thing, and I ain't talkin' that Kalifornia Dump, LOL. Those trees on that property look really nice when they're in flower, they are what drew my attention to the property in the first place, aye? :cool:

Then we have shots of the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold (West Side) as seen from the street one block over on my hill... that street actually rises higher than mine, but it also has through traffic, whereas I'm on a dead-end street so only local residents drive past, 10-4? WAY MO' BETTAH, not having any through traffic, LOL. But the view is nice from that other street, too bad the Canon cam never does it justice. Meh, maybe one day, LOL... :D

Other pics are of my yard, time to clean up that dead cr@p... as soon as my foot heals properly, don'tcha know??? And I can't believe how tall those weeds are in my fenced yard, I just whacked the heck out of 'em last weekend but the goldurned varmints grow back at a record pace... one day, I'll wise up and use napalm & Agent Orange to clean up my yard, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :confused:

LAST PIC SHOWS LITTLE MISS PREGGERS, LITTLE MISS MULLIGAN (Molly for short, rescued from the golf course), READY TO POP WITH KITTENS IN HER BELLY... I'M HOPING THAT HAPPENS THIS WEEKEND SO I CAN HELP THE YOUNGSTERS GET SET UP RIGHT, AYE??? :)

Round #2 o' pics:

IMG_8730.JPG IMG_8732.JPG IMG_8734.JPG IMG_8736.JPG IMG_8737.JPG IMG_8739.JPG IMG_8741.JPG IMG_8742.JPG IMG_8743.JPG IMG_8744.JPG IMG_8745.JPG IMG_8766.JPG

Y'all can see that Little Miss Mulligan will soon be droppin' some kittens, LOL. Crackhead looked comfortable while sleeping, so I snapped a couple of pics for posterity, aye? Now, St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, and I bought that "Lucky" T-shirt just for the occasion (and my injured foot), but then I remembered the Kelly green T-shirts I wore up in Show Low, so now I'm wondering which shirt to wear on the blessed day, LOL. The Tam o' Shanter is an authentic 100% wool number from Scotland, close enough for any goddam redneck in Cochise County, myself included, LOL. With the scarf, I'll look like some IRA hitman... all I need now is a Tommy Gun, perhaps I can bag one at the friggin' swap meet this weekend, no questions asked, AYE??? :confused:

Hey, if I'm feeling grouchy on St. Patrick's Day due to lingering foot pain, I'll wear that "MAKE IT RAIN" T-shirt with the stick o' falling bombs, it'll look good with the tam and the scarf, LOL. In combo with the work boots, we're talkin' SARTORIAL SPLENDOR IN REDNECK LAND, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn, I LOVE livin' here in Arizona, where 1st & 2nd Amendment rights are still in FULL EFFECT, AYE??? Sheeeee-it, y'all have no idea, especially if ya live in some libtard dump like Kalifornia, no future in that freakin' $h!thole, and I ought to know since I was BORN on the beach, and my best friend's family who owned & operated the first & oldest surf shop in Coronado for 3.5 decades feel the same way about how that state is headed or governed, PFFFFFFFFT. :mad:

MEH, ENOUGH SAID, TIME TO CHILLAX, WATCH SOME ENTERTAINMENT (other than the surf flicks which have been on for hours, LOL), AND THINK ABOUT MAKING BEER-BATTERED FISH FILLETS FOR DINNER, MIGHT GO BIG WITH MONSTER FISH FILLET SANDWICHES, WOOHOO!!! ;)

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES!!! ENJOY YER WEEKEND, I KNOW I WILL, LOL... :rolleyes:

P.S. Those Grand Ole Opry bandanna or neckerchief shots have NOTHIN' to do with St. Patrick's Day, the item was in the same drawer as the tam, scarf, etc., so I tossed it into the mix because the name alone gives it sartorial cred, particularly here in Redneck Land, LOL. It'll probably be my wedding present to some country gal after I get drunk, fall down the stairs & bang my head, wind up getting forced into a shotgun marriage, etc., etc. :eek:

"WITH THIS GRAND OLE OPRY BANDANNA, I THEE WED... NOW BE A GOOD GIRL AND GO GRAB ANOTHER BEER OUTTA THE FRIDGE FOR ME, WILL YA???" :D

BLAM!!! BLAM!!! BLAM!!! INSTANT ARIZONA DIVORCE WITH YOURS TRULY BACK IN THE FRIGGIN' EMERGENCY ROOM, SURROUNDED BY INCOMPETENT QUACKS UNDER OBAMACARE, LOL... MEH, I GOTS A BENEFICIARY DEED ON FILE WITH THE COUNTY, SO MY NIECE & NEPHEW WILL BE GOOD TO GO, CHEERS!!! :cool:

Aah, a nice quiet Sunday morning, been working on this hangover for awhile... I've already had juice, Emergen-C in water, some Wild Berry Zinger Tea, etc., but it's a diehard hangover, to be sure. Meh, I'll live, and the kittehs will help see me through... those knucklehaids have been rocketing around the house like meteors, especially Crackhead, he must have been hitting the rockpipe this morning. :eek:

IMG_8790.JPG IMG_8791.JPG IMG_8805.JPG IMG_8797.JPG IMG_8798.JPG IMG_8799.JPG IMG_8801.JPG

Little Phoenix sure loves that cat bed on the pool table, she sleeps there just about every night, LOL. I feed her atop the table too, since Little Miss Mulligan has been bullying her lately... something which I hope will stop once Molly drops her kittens. You can see how heavy Miss Molly is, maybe she'll have those kittens today, I'd like to be here when they arrive, as opposed to being at work, but ya can't rush Mother Nature, aye? I know Molly is close to her time, we'll just have to see how things pan out... :rolleyes:

Crackhead likes using that tunnel behind the bottle collection to traverse from one window sill to the other, all the cats do this including Little Miss Preggers, though she occasionally knocks a bottle over onto the carpet due to her size, LOL. No cat has broken a bottle yet, but meh, give 'em time... when a bottle gets broken, I'll find another to replace it, it won't be the end of the world. Looks like one bottle is out of whack on a lower shelf, the kittehs sometimes mess with 'em while they're playing, 10-4? :confused:

LIFE WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT THESE BLASTED VARMINTS, THEY KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, LOL... CHEERS!!! ;)

P.S. No shots of Tiger in this group, he went roaring off as soon as I opened the door... we gots heaps o' wild birds hittin' the feeders lately, so maybe he went to try his luck. All the cats like watching the birds, it's like entertainment for the kittehs, LOL. Gotta keep my cats happy, they're like my kids... and if they're a bit spoiled, well, I don't mind, it's not like I have to deal with some squalling brat. I can crack on 'em like Captain Bligh too when they get outta line, LOL. :cool:

Well, Buoys & Gulls, at approximately 0400 on St. Patrick's Day, 2020, Little Miss Mulligan (or Little Miss Molly) gave birth to half a dozen kittens... a hard birthing, with one kitten stillborn or dead soon afterward, I didn't know this until several hours had passed. The original blanket was a bloody mess, so I swapped it for a fresh one before taking these photos, no point in posting ugly pics on this beautiful day. Sad about the youngster who didn't make it, I reverently laid that kitten to rest under one of the fruit trees in my yard and bade it "Rest In Peace." Here we go with pics of the survivors... :rolleyes:

IMG_8814.JPG IMG_8815.JPG IMG_8817.JPG IMG_8818.JPG IMG_8825.JPG IMG_8827.JPG IMG_8828.JPG IMG_8829.JPG
IMG_8830.JPG

Now, I've given some thought to naming these kittens, and since they were born on St. Patrick's Day I believe it's only fitting to give them Irish names. Paddy & Seamus came to mind right away, but then I saw this coffee table book on IRISH COUNTIES... flipping it open, I found all the names I'd ever need right there on the Contents page. At least one of the kittens will be female, no doubt, so her name will be Clare or Kerry. Other names which stood out to me are: Donegal, Kildare, Galway & Sligo. Of course, I haven't ruled out Paddy or Seamus, LOL, I always liked those. Y'all chime in if you wish, I'm open to suggestions as far as names go... this has certainly been the oddest beginning to a St. Patrick's Day that I can remember over the decades. The miracle of life never ceases to amaze me though, and I'll celebrate later for more than one reason... with a shot or two o' tequila reserved for the youngster who didn't make it. :(

CHEERS TO Y'ALL, AND HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!! BE SAFE, DON'T DRINK & DRIVE, JUST WALK OR RIDE AS A PASSENGER, AYE? :cool:

P.S. Had some trouble with one of the inmate crew yesterday, a lazy loud-mouthed p.o.s. with a bad attitude, so I may not have that job much longer... oh, well, it was good while it lasted, perhaps too good to be true, LOL. Meh, I still own my home free & clear, and I have a valid Arizona CDL-A in my wallet, along with a current medical certificate & spotless MVR, so p!$$ on those wanks. No future if I wind up wearing some orange clown suit... ADC, not Arizona Department of Corrections but Adult DayCare, LOL. We'll see how that whole scene pans out, and if I move on, well, it won't be the first time, "10-DASH-FO'???" ;)

Aww, ain't these little kittens something else? They're so TINY, yet full o' life, squirmin' around and hittin' the bottle (so to speak) whenever they're not crashed out... they'll fit right in around here, LOL. ;)

IMG_8833.JPG IMG_8834.JPG

CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Agreed, but I couldn't get her fixed in time after I rescued her from the golf course... money wasn't the issue, it's hard to set up appointments here in the boondocks. Oh, well, these things happen, and I like kittens, so they're staying here for now, they'll liven up the joint as soon as they're cruising around the house, LOL. :rolleyes:

Truth be told, I think Miss Molly was kind of surprised herself by the number of kittens... six, including the one who didn't survive. I don't think I've ever seen a cat give birth to so many kittens, and we've had a ton of cats over the decades. I will try to get Molly and all the youngsters fixed when the time is right, now it's all about letting her take care of the kittens... :rolleyes:

IMG_8849.JPG IMG_8841.JPG IMG_8843.JPG

Little Miss Molly seems a bit overwhelmed, but she's hangin' tough... that one little kitten sure has a bright red nose, I hope that's not a bad sign of some sort. Might have to skip the Irish name and go with Rudolph on that one, LOL. ;)

P.S. As the kittens get larger, I may transfer them to that garden tub I hardly ever use in the master bathroom... I already put a quilt in the tub, and Molly would have more room, while the kittens couldn't get out until they reach a certain age. They'd have more room to play too, once they get a bit bigger... that box is gonna get cramped before too long, like having five youngsters and one adult aboard a Sabot. :confused:

I'm watching a dramatic sky over the Dragoon Mountains as I sip my herbal tea, now the sun is up over the clouds and the sunshine is streaming into my yard. Still no word about the problematic inmate at the course, so I'm off duty again... and I'll be talking to some hand about a local truck driving job, won't have all the benefits of the gubmint job but I'll make twice as much, and there'll be no inmate crew to cause problems, a BIG plus. I must say, I've never seen such gross incompetence and mismanagement as I've seen in the gubmint job, no wonder the position opens up every few months... I get the other job offer and I'm done with the gubmint, never figured I'd walk away but having to deal with the inmate crew negates all the benefits, those sorry-@$$ scumbags shouldn't even be part of the equation. And I don't feel like winding up in an orange clown suit after beatin' some chump half to death... no future in that. Meh, unless some serious changes are made pronto, it's time to move on no matter how good the benefits sounded at first... the job isn't worth the aggravation of having to deal with ADC, not Arizona Department of Corrections but Adult DayCare, minus the adult factor. :confused:

On the positive side, the gubmint job provided some money when I needed it, and I still own my home free & clear, with no real debt to speak of other than my monthly utility bills & yearly taxes. I score the other job and I'll still be stylin', they have vacation too, so f#% it. Probably don't wanna head out to the coast anyway during this idiotic manufactured Coronavirus 'pandemic'---not from any fear of actually getting sick, but simply to hold the fort as the phony crisis unfolds and eventually goes away. In fact, I'm gonna spend some money today on household goods like toilet paper, but I may have to make a voyage rivaling those of Captain Cook & Sir Francis Drake... think I'll get on the horn first and find out who has the goods, maybe the Depot down in Sierra Vista has TP, or maybe our local WallyWorld had more trucked in to deal with the shortage. I'm surprised there's no black market for toilet paper: $5 per jumbo roll, no personal checks accepted, LOL. Maybe there IS a black market, I haven't visited C/L lately... I did hear that panic-stricken morons were shellin' out bucks for hand sanitizer, I'm thinking Chicken Little was one of those fooliots, LOL. ;)

MEH, THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THERE'S STILL PLENTY O' BEER & BOOZE ON THE SHELVES... MIGHT AS WELL STOCK UP ON SOME O' THAT WHILE I'M SHOPPING. :rolleyes:

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEROES!!! HERE ARE SOME PICS FOR YA!!! :cool:

IMG_8860.JPG IMG_8861.JPG IMG_8862.JPG IMG_8864.JPG IMG_8872.JPG IMG_8873.JPG IMG_8881.JPG
IMG_8883.JPG

P.S. Phoenix & Molly are on lockdown in separate areas of the house until this bullying issue is resolved... Molly has been bugging Phoenix, which has led to Phoenix staying out all night, a dangerous activity with coyotes in the neighborhood. So we're gonna settle the issue, and I'll play butler to Tiger & Crackhead as I let 'em in & out, no worries. Otherwise, the cats are all in good health, including the five youngsters (last time I checked). Okay, I'm off to set sail in search of toilet paper, the new gold in this Brave New Third World, pfffffft. :eek:

Edit: Forgot to mention that there isn't a single case of this ridiculous Coronavirus in Cochise County... who would've THUNK it??? :D

Aah, these cold Sol beers with lime wedges taste mighty fine, I always liked this Mexican brand o' cerveza due to its crisp clean taste under a hot sun... :D

IMG_8893.JPG IMG_8897.JPG

That cat tail is part of the temporary clusterf#% on one kitchen counter, when the time comes for me to make my spicy-hot homemade chicken burrito mix for dinner, I'll take a Chinese cleaver and add that tail to the pot, don'tcha know? If I'm REALLY feeling Chinese, I'll toss the entire cat into the mix... :eek:

Last pic shows paper goods purchased at our local WallyWorld today... with the exception of the open pack o' TP and the two Kleenex Aloe boxes, I already had those and I only include them to show y'all what a fine stash I have, LOL. :rolleyes:

Now, using my hand Arab-style half the time I wipe, I reckon those TP rolls will last at least six weeks, AYE??? :confused:

Damn, guess I'd better slap together that burrito mix BEFORE I spray the bowl, a no-brainer... ;)

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL FOOLIOTS!!! DON'T FORGET, IT'S AN ELECTION YEAR!!! LOL... :cool:

Shots taken last night, with the final two pics snapped at zero-dark-thirty this morning... saw Phoenix, Crackhead & Tiger crammed into the bed and HAD to find my camera, LOL. My room is off limits at night for these Three Stooges, only because Molly & her kittens are established in the walk-in closet of the master bedroom... keeping Molly and the other adult cats separated at night makes for peaceful sleep, LOL. When I feed them all in the kitchen the following morning, they can reintroduce themselves. This program is working well for now, so I won't change it until the kittens are cruising around my room. They're still tiny, but they're thriving, and I bought a large can o' KMR and a bottle feeder just in case things go south... I'll use that stuff ANYWAY later on, might not need the feeder but it only cost $1.80, and it might come in handy later too, though I have plastic syringes for administering meds if necessary. Here we go with the pics:

IMG_8909.JPG IMG_8911.JPG IMG_8912.JPG IMG_8914.JPG

There's Phoenix showin' Crackhead some love atop the fridge last night (note cat cave in background, always open), and Phoenix, Crackhead & Tiger crammed into the bed, which is really a bed for small-to-medium-sized dogs (don't tell the cats this, LOL). :confused:

CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Aah, another glorious day in southeastern Arizona, good hammock weather now that I've cleared the weeds from the yard. I'm in the mood to PAR-TAY during this sudden vacation, gotta run to the store and buy more beer first... worked up a thirst cooking a primo batch of breakfast burritos, ate one and saved two for later this week, LOL. I still have the chicken burrito mix as well, that's a separate batch but I still have a few burritos left in that pot, aye? Guess I'll be mackin' burritos all week long, which suits me fine, they're easy to slap together now that the cooking is done. :D

IMG_9133.JPG IMG_9102.JPG IMG_9104.JPG IMG_9108.JPG IMG_9121.JPG IMG_9127.JPG IMG_9106.JPG IMG_9099.JPG

Gonna bust out that hammock as soon as I make my store run... can't pass up this awesome weather! Y'all can see the further dent I made in the tequila bottle yesterday while whacking weeds, that was an ugly task... good news is I only sustained five major flesh wounds and a skull fracture requiring surgery (trephine) as the boulders were a-flyin', LOL. I pulled the surgery myself using a handheld mirror opposite the mirror in the bathroom... a Dremel Moto-Tool worked just fine for the purpose. Now I'm all stitched up like Frankenstein, but I'm still looking forward to a day full o' sunshine, WAHOO!!! :rolleyes:

Hey, I heard on the radio that the U.S. is sending a BILLION DOLLARS IN AID to Afghanistan, guess it's business as usual on Capitol Hill, can't let a phony manufactured viral crisis interfere as the dirty criminal swine SKIM OFF THE TOP, LOL. Man, I'll tell ya, these political tools are something else, downright shameless when it comes to thievin' American tax dollars... makes me wonder just how much of that BILLION DOLLARS will actually go to 'aid' for those poor starving Afghanis, AYE??? A hundred Happy Meals from the Kabul McDonald's and the country will be SAVED FOR DEMOCRACY, LOL. ;)

NO OVERESTIMATING THE STUPIDITY OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC... DUMBER THAN BOXES OF ROCKS, LOL. CHEERS!!! :cool:

Edit: Gotta rinse that rubber floor mat from the kitchen with the hose today, I'll haul it outside and spray it before I sling my hammock. At my age, it's nice to have that thick rubber mat to stand on as I do dishes, prep food, etc., it's very comfortable, LOL. :)

Holy Cr@p!!! We gots Chamber of Commerce weather here today, so nice that someone ordered up a small cloud or two so folks in other states won't get jealous, LOL. Man, I like this time of year, I already slung my hammock and I'm headin' out to catch some rays... take an occasional beer break for the heck of it, don'tcha know? Saw this side-by-side in the WallyWorld parking lot, it's not bad but I'd rather have the Can-Am Maverick X3, you can Google that one and see how rad it is for trail-running and offroad performance. CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

IMG_9151.JPG IMG_9152.JPG IMG_9154.JPG IMG_9156.JPG IMG_9159.JPG

P.S. Last shot shows the deep shade on deck where I'll enjoy some cold beers this afternoon... I sure like my $36K home, and the cats like it too, LOL. I'm off to catch that sunshine, "HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!!!" :cool:

Posting a shot of the five kittens with an unopened 'handle' or 1.75L bottle o' rum for scale... :rolleyes:

IMG_9452.JPG

Tiny little critters, aren't they? But their eyes are now open, that little gray kitten woke as soon as I set the bottle down, I'm thinking he (or she) will be a party animal, LOL. :eek:

Meh, it's a $h!tty job, but SOMEBODY has to do it, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! CHEERS, youse NAUTICAL HEROES!!! ;)

A few shots from my latest "Not-Quite-Marine Recon" in the high desert, perfect weather this weekend so I headed for the West Side of the Stronghold... :rolleyes:

IMG_9383.JPG IMG_9386.JPG IMG_9411.JPG IMG_9409.JPG IMG_9421.JPG IMG_9425.JPG IMG_9444.JPG IMG_9426.JPG IMG_9436.JPG IMG_9440.JPG IMG_9441.JPG IMG_9445.JPG IMG_9439.JPG IMG_9438.JPG IMG_9424.JPG IMG_9217.JPG IMG_9218.JPG IMG_9449.JPG

Fun day, barely even scratched the surface when it came to exploring the West Side... gonna need a dirt bike or big ol' thumper to get farther up some of those canyons, the dirt road gets too rough for 'The Mighty Camry' and its worn-out stock suspension, LOL. :confused:

No worries, I'm running several free ads in our local rag in an effort to locate a 'barn find' bike, something I can fix up that won't break the bank in these funky modern & politically viral times, LOL. Meh, it's an election year, gotta watch my bank account... ;)

Last three pics are NOT of the Stronghold, that's an entirely different range as seen from my property, though I can also see the Dragoons & the Stronghold from my property... final pic shows the youngsters snoozin', future ship's cats the lot, AYE??? :D

Won't be a rodent within 1/4-mile of our home, I reckon... nine cats should see to that, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! CHEERS!!! :cool:

P.S. Look closely at Pic #5 and you'll see a string of horses & riders at lower center... gives ya an idea of scale, those larger crags & domes seen in other pics are literally hundreds of feet high, the place is a technical rock climber's paradise!!! An old Laser sailor can dig it too, LOL... :)

The crew asleep... ship's cats need rest too. :rolleyes:

IMG_9489.JPG

About time for a larger box, I think... that may be my primary mission today. Little critters are starting to grow, they sure were tiny at birth. At some point, I'll shift them to the garden tub in the master bathroom, but right now they seem to like the dim recess of my walk-in closet, it's like a giant 'cat cave' so they feel quite comfortable there, LOL. Once they start roaming around, that's when I'll put 'em in the garden tub... I already have the tub lined with a blanket & quilt. :D

P.S. There are actually five kittens in the box, but one is buried beneath the others... had to go back and check to make sure the little varmint wasn't AWOL. ;)

Drove past Fort Huachuca and Sierra Vista yesterday to look at a motorcycle, I'm thinking of making a FULL-ON REDNECK DIRT SLED out of an old Kawasaki Vulcan EN500A... old guy only wants $100 for the bike, since it's not currently running, the twin carbs need work even though they have new jets in 'em. Unlike other Vulcans, this bike has the 498cc DOHC parallel twin motor, virtually identical to the motor in the Ninja 500R, plus a 6-speed transmission & belt drive. At some point, this owner or a previous owner tried to convert the bike to a bobber, with mixed results... however, the bike has great potential for conversion to what I need to get farther up the canyon toward the innermost sanctum of the Stronghold, and it wouldn't be bad for highway use either with that longer wheelbase. :cool:

First thing to go would be the cheesy low-rise wannabe-chopper-style bars... yank those & toss 'em, then slap some MX or scrambler bars on there, an easy swap with levers, grips, etc., going smoothly from one set of bars to the other. New rubber, probably some dual sport tires with about a 70/30 ratio, pavement to dirt. Maybe some aftermarket rear shocks to raise the rear end of the bike, somewhat balancing out the long front forks. Worst-case scenario, some new 32mm Keihin carbs to replace the old ones, or something even better, though I can probably clean up and adjust the current carbs and get the bike running like a top. The bike isn't rough either, the black paint is in good shape and the black street pipe could always be swapped out later, different header pipe and carbon fiber can to REALLY get those rednecks excited, LOL. ;)

The wheels aren't spoked, they're the cool black & silver alloy rims seen on some Ninjas back in the day. The belt is in good shape... I've become something of an expert on belt assessment after swapping out so many on those friggin' gas-powered golf carts. No cracks or obvious wear on this belt, it looks to be in pretty good shape. Now, the bike is a little heavier than what I originally wanted, weighing in at 400 lbs. or more, but even if I raise the back end with longer shocks, the solo saddle would be low enough for me to sling the bike around in the dirt... not like a 250, but that's okay, the bike would still serve my specific purpose of making my way into the Stronghold. Besides, I could use it to ride to Mt. Graham in the summer, it's entirely street legal, plated with a clear title, and only $100, LOL. A true barn find, with an owner who is now too old to ride... he has a Harley for sale too, but that bike is $6500, pristine condition. :rolleyes:

I think this oldster just got tired of messing with the twin carbs on this Vulcan, and he just wants to unload the bike... but the bike has plenty of life left in it, y'all would be surprised to see what good shape it's in for its age. The bobber look could easily be remedied with a larger rear fender, and I'd want to install a rack anyway for my climbing gear... not a huge or ungainly rack, just enough level rack space to hold a rucksack full o' gear. The rubber currently on the bike is still serviceable, but it's not what I want for the dirt, and nobody makes knobbies in these tire sizes, so I'll go with new dual sport tires... nothing too fancy or expensive, just a good middle-of-the-road choice, I can pick up a set on sale for around $200. Might go with those Pirelli Route 66 numbers, I was always a Dunlop or Metzeler man in the past but those tires cost more, and as always I'm on a budget, LOL. :confused:

If I buy this bike, and I probably will because it's too good of a deal to pass up, I'll convert it into a BAD-@$$ RAT-RACIN' REDNECK DIRT SLED, like a flat track or speedway bike but better suited to running these dirt roads and trails to the Stronghold. The friggin' bike is gonna look like something out of "THE ROAD WARRIOR"---only BETTER, LOL. I remember seeing a video years ago where a hand stripped down a Triumph 900 and then put on only what he needed to make a big ol' scrambler for the dirt... this project will be similar, once I take the 'street' out of the bike and add components for the dirt. The new bars alone will make a huge difference in the bike's appearance, and I can always stand on the pegs when tackling rough roads or tight trails, LOL. Those taller rear shocks will make a difference too, once I install 'em... balance out the bike like a KLR 650. :)

THIS IS WHAT OLD LASER SAILORS DO WHEN THEY'RE 475 MILES FROM THE OCEAN, LOL... CHEERS!!! :D

IMG_9497.JPG IMG_9498.JPG

P.S. Note the date of establishment for the fort, it was built four years before the gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone (1881).

Last edited:
Holy Cow!!! I found that video after a little searching, and I also found a cool site with shots of Elvis & Steve McQueen aboard desert sleds, LOL. I dig the video, the younger hand really breaks it down with regard to mixing up riding styles... good rider too, handling that ol' 900cc Triumph no problem in the dirt, and the scenic shots of the Alabama Hills under Mt. Whitney don't exactly suck either, AYE??? :cool:

Here ya go, check out these links... dunno if y'all know this, but before the advent of Japanese bikes, Triumph was an industry leader, Steve McQueen swore by 'em and wouldn't use anything else for his fence jumping number in "THE GREAT ESCAPE!" Most folks my age will remember that scene, unless CRS and dementia have already set in, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

What is a Desert Sled? A History and Definition

Man, this cold beer tastes mighty fine after that spell in the sun... I have no complaints about Arizona sunshine, but at elevation it's wise to limit the amount one gets, because a little goes a long way. I'm careful to ration the amount of direct exposure, doesn't matter so much when you're covered up with clothing. Youse nautical heroes check those two links, they are pretty cool... :rolleyes:

Uh-oh, little varmints are beginning to stir... guess I'll need to swap out the cardboard box soon, I haven't done it yet. :confused:

IMG_9523.JPG IMG_9535.JPG IMG_9534.JPG

Soon to be sworn crew members aboard the S/V COCHISE STRONGHOLD... :rolleyes:

CHEERS!!! :cool:

Been watching some extreme sports videos, these two have some good footage... there's even some nautical action about 5:45 into the first video, when those ice climbers debark directly onto the iceberg, LOL. Nice clip taken higher up of the boat below, that's a cool view. These extreme sports are radical, there are so many daredevils out there nowadays, trying stuff that has never been done before... the flip side can be found in the attrition rate, and the number of close calls as depicted in the "Crazy Near Death Experiences" compilation videos, links to those can be seen off to the side of these "How The Cut" videos. Hey, that ski-cycle or motorcycle surfing the waves? That one has my name all over it, LOL... at least the landing would be a bit softer whenever I wiped out, aye? :confused:

ANYWAY, Y'ALL ENJOY THOSE VIDEOS IN FULL-SCREEN MODE, THEY'RE MO' BETTAH THAT WAY, LOL... CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. Those Parkour hands are just plain CRAZY, LOL... must have good health insurance, if there IS such a thing. ;)

Wow... I'm enjoying this beautiful day, my view of the Stronghold is fantastic, but I'm also watching some videos, kinda catching up during this forced vacay. I just saw one of the best surfing videos I've ever seen... I wanted to get back to the ocean after watching those extreme sports videos, and this film took me there, LOL. Surf spots like Waimea, Jaws, Mavericks, those are all bad@$$, and only the best surfers should even attempt to ride there when those places go off, but this spot in Tahiti is FEARSOME, I have NEVER seen a thicker lip on any wave in the world!!! Look at the lip of each wave, it's THICK and it pitches out so far, there must be TONS & TONS of water in it... think of the tremendous natural power in each wave, and yet mankind is still burning fossil fuels for power, PFFFFFFT. :confused:

I'm thinking we're a bunch of prize-winning idiots for not harnessing this clean abundant natural power in some way (other than one surfer having the time of his life). Moi, I only know one guy who could surf this spot in Tahiti, and that's Mikey J., former pro surfer who used to hang out at my house in Coronado... not a big guy, more wiry than anything, but he sure could ride some waves, and he had something like 29 photos published in the surf mags, including one radical center-spread shot of Mikey in a HUGE barrel, LOL... I think that one was in SURFER MAGAZINE. He could probably ride this wave, or maybe like the rest of our peer group he is getting too old... hard to say, since I haven't seen him in a few years. Moi, I'd be aboard a Laser out in the channel, drinking beer and watching the action, LOL. :rolleyes:

WITHOUT ANY FURTHER ADO, HERE'S THE VIDEO:

A few observations before I log out, get cleaned up and run into town: I've said it before and I'll say it again, if mankind survives itself and ever starts colonizing other worlds, these extreme athletes are just the sort we'll need for the Recon Teams. Superbly fit, used to taking calculated risks, and savvy enough to have survived thus far... and there IS an attrition rate in the world of extreme sports, that much is certain. But if I were in command of such an expedition to another planet (remote command, that is, comfortably drinking beer in orbit while the youngsters did all the hard work, LOL), I'd choose extreme athletes from every applicable sport: dirt bikers, offroad racers, wingsuit pilots, technical rock climbers, BASE jumpers, slackliners, windsurfers, scuba divers, you name it. Such a team would be hardcore, especially when backed by tech experts (note to self: don't forget the computer nerds, LOL). Just sayin'... I'm pretty sure a Recon Team consisting of couch potatoes, video gamers, potheads & EBT leeches would NOT make as much progress, AYE??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL FOOLIOTS!!! ENJOY THE SURF VIDEO, JUST SKIP THE ADS, LOL... HASTA LUEGO!!! :cool:

Well, Boyz, I actually had fun today puttering around my home... we have rain in the forecast, so I didn't want to start any outdoor projects, aye? In fact, we've already had some rain (and high winds too), but it's off & on here in the San Pedro Valley. Anyway, I'm posting a few pics of my new 'redneck door locks'---bars or beams held in place by the appropriate hardware, Old West style, LOL. I think it's important to stay busy during this idiotic political... er, I mean viral 'crisis.' And I'll never have a better opportunity to finish off those little home rehab projects which have been on the back burner for months... WTF, I've only been here 14 months now, LOL. But I'm gonna GET THAT HOME REHAB WORK DONE!!! :rolleyes:

Even if I only knock out a task or two every day, maybe even simple prep work, I'll reach my goal, 10-4? I almost envy those who have boat projects to work on right now, you'll never have a better time to work on those boats, LOL. I should add that I never bought that motorcycle I was considering, I ultimately decided that this is NOT the time for me to begin new projects, but to finish off the home rehab projects which need to be done anyway. Good call too, the way this idiotic viral scene is playing out... no telling how long it'll last with political scumbags in the mix, thank goodness I'm in a 'red state' where idiotic regulations aren't quite as ridiculous, and some freedoms still exist. My friends back on the beach are going nuts, no surfing with the beaches closed, PFFFFFFT. :confused:

Another thing to consider: the way things are going, particularly with all the so-called 'rent boycotters' nationwide, there will soon be a large number of homeless folks on the streets, not necessarily here in this small and relatively-isolated burg where I dwell, but in the big cities, ya know? And $h!t is gonna get rough too, I reckon there will be riots and revolution... long overdue, in my estimation, not that I endorse any of it, I'll be hunkered down right here in paradise, and I'll have food, supplies, weapons, etc. That's why I didn't buy the motorbike, there are priority purchases to be made, like stockpiled booze & freakin' ammo, LOL. Oh, yeah, I'm sure I'll be labeled a 'conspiracy theorist' for saying this, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared in this bizarre political situation. ;)

Kind of ironic that I wound up in an ideal location to ride out the storm... I also told my niece & nephew to get over here if things really start going south, though they're both employed and they think they can make it in Dago. I dunno, things might get rough in the near future, because I don't see this situation going on much longer as it is, not with so many folks riled about it. Just hearing about those armed militia boyz in Idaho gives me a feeling that things will soon come to a head, and to heck with whatever the scumbag politicians & 'healthcare professionals' are squawking, LOL. Personally, I think it's time to clean house and get rid of these bought & sold scumbag politicians once and for all... maybe this is the beginning of the Second American Revolution. :eek:

Now, these projects I tackled today, 'hardening' my home a little bit, these are things I meant to do ever since I arrived, I'm just now getting around to 'em now that I have time on my hands. I still have to install a deadbolt lock in that carport door, maybe even some metal mesh on the window outside... but I meant to do this ever since I found that tweekin' crackerhead standing on my steps after dark, looking into my home. This is a low-crime area because everybody is strapped, but it only takes one idiot tweeker to break into my home, therefore I'm gonna make it a little harder... if anything, the noise the fool makes getting past these obstacles will wake me, and I'll soon blow noodles out his skull with a shotgun or lever-action rifle, LOL. Be like entertainment here in Redneck Land, AYE??? :D

And now for the pics... I'm tossing in some recent photos taken during this viral vacay, some sunset shots and a pic or two of a line I rigged on my hammock stand to dry the bathroom rugs I washed yesterday, LOL. I actually have only two bathrooms, that third set is a spare I use to pad cat ledges in my walk-in closet. I didn't wash the toilet seat covers either, those were washed last time and they're still good for a bit... I just did the floor rugs, those get dirtier faster with all the dust and garden debris and whatnot. Dunno if you can tell in these pics, but that prickly pear cactus behind the hammock stand is about to flower, it has a bunch of buds on it... should be nice and colorful soon, I like those splashes of color in my yard as various flowers go off. :cool:

IMG_9603.JPG IMG_9604.JPG IMG_9605.JPG IMG_9606.JPG IMG_9607.JPG IMG_9600.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9596.JPG IMG_9598.JPG

ALRIGHT, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES, HANG IN THERE!!! YOU HANDS WORKING ON BOAT PROJECTS, POST UP SOME PICS!!! GET READY FOR THE UPCOMING STORM TOO... WON'T HURT TO BE READY, AYE??? THIS EX-INFANTRY SOLDIER WILL BE, LOL... ;)

Last edited:
Holy Ravioli!!! Er... I mean Spaghetti!!! I just finished cooking everything, all that's left to make is the garlic bread, but I'm holding off for a bit to drink another beer or two, LOL. Once I mack dinner, that's it, no more beer drinking, my stomach will be too full... this is an age-related problem, back when I was young I could mack three plates and STILL go on drinking, AYE??? :eek:

Aah, I miss the good ol' days... but check it out, I took some photos of my meal preparation between surf videos!!! Everything went smoothly, except that once the pot o' sauce was nicely simmering, I realized that I had forgotten tomato paste, essential when one cooks sauce in large quantities, so I had to cut off the burner, cover the pot, and run down to WallyWorld to bag some paste, LOL. :rolleyes:

No worries, I made it back safe & sound, cranked the gas again and got down to business... now I have a nice meal waiting for me, plus what will surely be a truckload of leftover sauce, LOL. Meh, this sort of sauce only gets BETTER after a day or two in the fridge, although it will be mighty tasty from the get-go, no doubt. I'm gonna post shots of the pasta & sauce here in a moment, but I wanna share an observation or two with y'all... :confused:

Especially you youngsters, watch & learn, LOL... I started cooking from an early age, as a result of an ugly divorce between parents, and later in life I realized that cooking food in large batches was the way to go. Enough made to feed a group, plenty of leftovers depending upon batch size, etc., etc. Same way I cover a BBQ grill whenever I use my Q, why waste all that grill space? And what kinda moron doesn't like leftover BBQ material? :)

My point is THIS, particularly in this weird bull$h!t viral situation: you can SAVE MONEY by cooking in batches, it's the only way to go, and you'll have food ready to eat whenever ya don't feel like cooking, AYE? It's a no-brainer, and large 'value packs' of meat also cost less... I hardly ever buy small packages of meat at Safeway or WallyWorld, mostly large packs which offer better overall value. :D

JUST A FRIENDLY TIP FROM AN OLD HAND WHO PROBABLY SERVED AS SHIP'S COOK IN A PAST LIFE, LOL... WTF, I USED TO COOK FOR A DOZEN OR MORE PEOPLE BACK ON THE BEACH WHEN MY FRIENDS & THEIR GALS SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE. :cool:

ALL GOOD BACK IN THE DAY, BUT I STILL USE THOSE SAME PRINCIPLES WHEN PREPARING FOOD, IT'S CHEAPER THAT WAY, LOL... ;)

ENOUGH SAID, I'M GONNA MACK SOON & CRASH... CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

IMG_9649.JPG IMG_9652.JPG IMG_9653.JPG IMG_9654.JPG IMG_9655.JPG IMG_9661.JPG IMG_9658.JPG IMG_9660.JPG IMG_9656.JPG IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9664.JPG IMG_9665.JPG

P.S. That fresh carrot cake purchased from the WallyWorld Bakery Dept. is for dessert... now, there's NO WAY I'll be able to mack that AFTER eating a big ol' plate o' pasta and some gourmet garlic bread, but who knows? I might just wake at 0400 with an appetite for dessert, at which point I'll load up some o' that carrot cake with ice cream and whatnot, LOL. Go back to sleep, put on a few pounds, no worries, groceries may be hard to come by in the near future with this idiotic viral crisis, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! BTW, I'm a BIG Blue Bell Ice Cream fan, and their Pistachio Almond number has ALWAYS been a favorite o' mine, but that new Southern Blackberry Cobbler number doesn't exactly suck, LOL. Especially with chocolate syrup on it... "HEALTH FOOD, BABY, HEALTH FOOD!!!" :eek:

Okay, NOW I'm done, y'all be good, it's time for this kid to EAT, don'tcha know? Had to let that last beer settle before I got started... LOL. ;)

Edit: That bread I'm using for garlic bread is the 'Everything' French Bread loaf found on the sale rack at our local WallyWorld, it is surprisingly good and the loaves only cost $.75 apiece... and y'all know that I'm a notoriously cheap b@stard, LOL. CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Since I'm no longer living anywhere near the coast, I've decided to take Wavedancer's advice and I'm changing my user name to 'Cactus Cowboy'---I would go back to 'Ghost Rider' but I figure it'll somehow be a PITA with the computer and past website data. Meh, WTF, Cactus Cowboy fits, LOL. I even dredged up a short video of two hands in the Netherlands who call themselves The Cactus Cowboys... funny, when I toured that country decades ago, I don't recall seeing any cactus, but who knows? Maybe 'global warming' has changed things... ;)

Here's the video link, all I understand is that they're singing about BEER, which makes perfect sense to me, LOL. :cool:

Nice sombrero on the one hand, looks like he bought it in Tijuana... :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to find another avatar photo, somehow that beat-up old trawler ain't gonna cut it with this moniker... :(

Edit: Upon further reflection, those hands must be HAMMERED to get up on stage and act that way... maybe trippin' on mushrooms, LOL. :eek:

Last edited:
Hmm, I pulled a little web research and it turns out that the Blue Agave is NOT a cactus, it's a succulent. Could've fooled me, sharp as it is, and I damned sure ain't going with 'Succulent Cowboy'---that ain't gonna happen here in Redneck Land, LOL. Might hafta find another avatar photo, I'm disappointed in Cuervo for lettin' me down... that Blue Agave juice never let me down before, but I reckon there's a first time for everything. :(

Let me go find another avatar photo, something with actual CACTUS in it, LOL... :confused:

Well, youse nautical heroes, I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST at the Stronghold yesterday, pulling a recon on the East Side & tooling around on my beach cruiser. I eventually hooked up with some younger hands camping out there, two guys & a gal, they're climbers with somewhat limited experience but we got along just fine... drank a bunch of beer and had a nice afternoon campfire in a remote location. The campground on the East Side is currently closed, but one can still hike or pedal through it, no worries... and there are many free 'dispersed campsites' along the base of the Dragoons, same as on the West Side. Saw a number of folks out there having a good time, the sites are far enough apart for privacy & whatnot. I took some photos of the area before I hooked up with those climbers, once that happened we were too busy drinking ice-cold beer and checking out the guidebooks, which I had the foresight to toss in the car before leaving my home, LOL. Anyway, it was a successful recon, we even discovered a Dollar General (supply point) not far from the East Side entrance, which saves a trip into Willcox. Here are some pics, taken by a lifelong small craft sailor who now dwells in the high desert & mountains of scenic southeastern Arizona, LOL. :rolleyes:

IMG_9775.JPG IMG_9778.JPG IMG_9779.JPG IMG_9781.JPG IMG_9782.JPG IMG_9784.JPG IMG_9787.JPG IMG_9788.JPG IMG_9790.JPG IMG_9791.JPG IMG_9793.JPG IMG_9796.JPG IMG_9822.JPG IMG_9823.JPG IMG_9824.JPG IMG_9826.JPG IMG_9831.JPG IMG_9833.JPG

Pretty cool venue for tooling around on a pedal bike... even my SE Racing 'Rip Style' Beach Cruiser worked fine there, LOL. Of course, on the East Side I'm nearly 500 miles from the beach in my home town of Coronado, so maybe I should just call the bike a 'Stronghold Cruiser'---comfortable for tooling around and meeting other folks. I should've snapped some pics of our party campsite, but once I hooked up with those other guys & the gal, we were too busy drinking beer & discussing routes, LOL. Having a good time too, made for a nice change from home rehab work & all the 'doom & gloom' in globalist-owned media nowadays, PFFFFFFFT. :confused:

ANYWAY, A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL, AND WE'LL BE HOOKING UP AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO DO SOME ROUTES ON THE WEST SIDE. PROBABLY SHOOT POOL & FIRE UP THE BBQ AT MY HOUSE FIRST, HEAD OUT THE NEXT DAY & SHOW 'EM A FEW CHOICE REMOTE CAMPSITES ON THIS SIDE OF THE DRAGOONS. :rolleyes:

AWESOME VENUE, THE STRONGHOLD... EVEN THOUGH I'M FAR FROM THE BEACH, I STILL HAVE PLENTY OF RECREATION TO ENJOY, LOL. ;)

CHEERS!!! :cool:

P.S. Note West African lash job on bike & cargo carrier... hey, the interstate highway speed limit is 75 m.p.h. here in Arizona, didn't want my bike going anywhere without me en route to the Stronghold, LOL. :eek:

Reactions: tag
Alright, deadbolt installation is done, now it's beer-thirty, LOL. Whenever I install doorknobs or deadbolts, I like to keep a clear head, since close tolerances are involved... so no beer earlier, but my work is done for the day and now I'm thirsty, aye? I even cleaned up the mess with the vacuum, went ahead and did my whole home as well. Like a knucklehead, I wore socks & house slippers on the job, and those slippers were soon full of drill shavings & rasp filings, LOL. :confused:

Meh, I already swapped out socks and vacuumed the slippers inside and out, so I'm good... and this cold beer tastes mighty fine. Time to trash around the Internet, see if I can't get banned elsewhere, LOL... during this ridiculous viral scare campaign, I've been banned half a dozen times for presenting my views upon this 'modern plague' (pffffffft). And now that the numbers aren't adding up, it looks like I'm right again... go figure. But ya can't fix stoooo-pid, LOL. ;)

I read one C/L post from some panic-stricken moron, all about wiping down EVERYTHING including bills & coins received as change at the grocery store, LOL. Dude was swapping gloves the way pit crews swap tires, and wearing a mask for EVERY POSSIBLE TASK. Damn... I hope that moron didn't have kids, that would be a drag with the kids forced to do everything the same way. Grounds for dismissal as a parent, if such an action could be legally taken, LOL. :rolleyes:

Hey, we don't have any idiotic mandatory face mask regulations yet, but if such an order is given, I'm gonna bust out my 'Grand Ole Opry' bandanna and make like an Old West outlaw, LOL. Might even rob the Circle K to get in the spirit of things... give the money & merchandise back before leaving the store, AYE??? Maybe that one Circle K cutie will dig it... I'll have to ask her for her number during the 'robbery.' If she's a country music fan, she'll like the bandanna, LOL. :cool:

And here it is in all its glory... can't remember where I picked up this bandanna, but I've had it for years, and perhaps it is cosmically preordained that I should wear it during this 'Coronavirus Pandemic.' Yeah... um... right. I'll wait for the gag order, I don't think this gubnor has the audacity to give such an order, it would be political suicide in this state, LOL. Might as well blow his own brains out... or practice roping with a noose around his own neck, LOL. :D

IMG_9846.JPG IMG_9847.JPG

That's Crackhead giving his approval in the first pic, LOL. Like his master---er, I mean butler---he has a redneck streak, "10-DASH-FO'???" :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back