Media Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

Don't know if these guys are going with me... I may rehome Sage & Crackhead on a 40-acre ranch outside Concho, gonna talk to the owners tomorrow. Crackhead is the black cat, while Sage is the little gray tabby tiger. Gonna be hard to part with either cat, especially Sage, who has been with me for something like 15 years... but seriously, life for a cat on a 40-acre ranch wouldn't exactly suck, ya know? So I've been grappling with that decision as well, moving would be easier without the kittehs, but I'd surely miss 'em and their good companionship. :(

Stumbled upon these videos during web searches today:

In that second video, the dude belly-floppin' from height into the shallow inflatable pool gets my vote for MOST RADICAL & STYLISH JUMPER, LOL... :eek:

Dude must have been HAMMERED to even attempt such a maneuver... :rolleyes:

Meh, the jumpers on the tower in Dubai, the Swiss dude (certifiably insane) who leapt into the punchbowl at the base of the falls, the Krazy Amerikan Kids jumping off cliffs & quarry walls, well, all those knucklehaids are okay in my book... but the BELLY-FLOPPER is KING, just like ELVIS, LOL. :confused:

A POUND OF BACON A DAY, B!TCHES!!! AND PEANUT BUTTER TOO, LOL... YA FRIGGIN' LIGHTWEIGHTS, YA KNOWS NOTHIN' ABOUT REAL DANGER!!! ;)

This last video could be a TRUE DIEHARD LASER SAILOR'S ANTHEM with regard to his boat, LOL... :cool:

Last edited:
A few videos for diehard Laser sailors---and perhaps a technical rock climber outta work, LOL:

What do these videos have to do with sailing, you ask? Meh, FIGURE IT OUT, LOL... :eek:

Here's a diehard Laser sailing tune if ever there was one:

Me dear departed mum, bless her soul, played violin for Tommy Dorsey many years ago, and she taught us to appreciate a wide range of musical styles or genres. This song has always been my favorite tune, despite all the classical music and other good tunes out there. If somebody were to tell me, "YOU'LL BE SHOT IN FIVE MINUTES... PICK A TUNE!!!"---well, THIS would be the tune I'd pick, because it has so much soul. After the tune ended, I'd tell the guy, "LET'S GET ON WITH IT, WE'RE BURNIN' DAYLIGHT HERE!!!" That way, I wouldn't have to sit around for over a minute-and-a-half, waiting for a bullet... LOL. :confused:

P.S. That line about the "open arms of the sea" makes this tune a Laser classic, no two ways about it. :rolleyes:

Ever since I drop-kicked one wanker off my property, I've been receiving heaps of spam e-mails... I think the jackhole gave my e-mail address to a bunch of online ad agencies. I'll clearly have to close that account and open another under a new address, but I'm thinking I should wait until AFTER the home sale, I don't want anything to slow down the sale or f#% it up, 10-4? So I'm deleting 40 or 50 spam e-mails at a time, something like 100-150 per day---easy enough to do, but in the process I've noticed something truly amazing, and I just wanna share this observation with y'all... :cool:

Ya see, I lost my youthful charm awhile back---it fell off a truck about a million miles ago---yet with the advent of all this spam e-mail, dozens of gorgeous and hot, horny wimmin wanna hook up with me. Can it be, has a MIRACLE occurred and I've somehow regained my youthful charm? To the point where wimmin find me attractive again? My wallet is still thin, so THAT can't be it... though I DID turn down an offer of $100K for the house, I'm holding out for $110K so I can pay off the scumbag realtor and still slope outta here with $100K, you understand. :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering whether a tired old man can MIRACULOUSLY regain the looks and charm of his youth... or did the "ugly pills" simply wear off and leave me in good standing? Truth be told, these half-naked wimmin are quite attractive to me, each one seems so honest and sincere... I'm ready to impart all personal info, SSN, bank account & pin numbers, etc., etc., to each and every gal. Maybe I can marry 'em all over the Internet, this being Mormon Country... and sign over half my property to each one, so that a massive debt clusterf#% will develop when things fall apart and I'm repeatedly kicked to the curb. :confused:

MEH, JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS AMAZING RESURGENCE OF MY YOUTH WITH Y'ALL---IT'S A MODERN-DAY MIRACLE!!! HALF-NAKED SPAMMER CHICKS, THE LINE FORMS TO THE LEFT... PRETTY SOON, I'LL RACK UP ENOUGH DEBT TO MAKE THE GUBMINT LOOK LIKE A BUNCH O' PIKERS!!! ;)

Shots of my crew hangin' out over the past few days:

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

Not the best sailors on the planet, but their unconditional love makes up for their... er… nautical deficiencies. Oh, yeah, they can sing too... :eek:

As I prepare to flip this home of mine and try my luck elsewhere, I've been waxing nostalgic about my old Laser #2069, and these video clips say it all:

Here's one more, straight from my heart to old Laser #2069... she was a righteous boat with good karma, hard to let her go after all these years. :(

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZEP!!! PINK FLOYD & THE MIGHTY ZEP, THE TWO GREATEST ROCK BANDS EVER... THOUGH OTHERS CAME CLOSE, THESE TWO BANDS PUT OUT THE GREATEST VOLUME OF MATERIAL. :cool:

Last edited:
Stumbled across this excellent compilation video, as a lifelong small craft sailor I'm fascinated by close-proximity wingsuit flight, even if most of these heroes are already dead. Meh, that's what happens when ya live on the cutting edge, and there's a positive side to death: no more globalist plot and no more scumbag politicians, it's a win-win situation, LOL. Here's the video, if your Friday afternoon is dragging on this will perk ya up, no doubt:

P.S. If I were independently wealthy, I would travel the globe and pull these wingsuit flights in spectacular venues... it must be such a rush. Of course, my main mode of transport round the globe would be an old wooden schooner, as I'm deathly afraid of commercial aviation... those airborne stock cars SCARE ME, AYE??? Death-defying close-proximity wingsuit flight, no problem... commercial aviation, "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" :eek:

Hmm, forgot a phrase and a couple of modifiers...

Text of previous post should read: "...as a lifelong small craft sailor and former vertical skateboarder..." :confused:

Text should also read: "... NO MORE EVIL GLOBALIST PLOT AND NO MORE SLIMY SCUMBAG POLITICIANS..." :eek:

Just wanted to bring that post up to speed, I'm still gettin' used to this timed editing number... :rolleyes:

At long last, some much-needed rain to end months of drought... kittehs & I are enjoying quality time with all windows wide open, the cool fresh air flowing throughout the house. Awesome fresh mountain air, hope it rains all day & night... Lord knows the forest could use it, we've been under Stage 3 Fire Restrictions for some time, and that includes no public smoking. I'm not a tobacco smoker, I just mention that so y'all know how bad the drought has been here in the high country. I wouldn't mind if it rained for a week straight, this cool damp air sure feels good, LOL. :rolleyes:

Pulled a 135-mile triangular recon to check out some properties for sale in nearby towns, and I saw this rail for sale in Taylor, a small town on AZ77 north of Show Low. All work and no play makes Jack a dull Laser sailor, I can just see the fool flyin' down Rim Road 300 in this rig, LOL. Not the burliest rail I've ever seen, and it'd need sand paddles for any dunes, but it'd be just fine for the Rim Road, which is like a dirt road on steroids here in the high country... thing runs at least 90 miles from Show Low to the Payson/Pine area, might go farther than that, I haven't run that much of it yet. Always wanted to run the length of it, maybe I'll get around to it if I downsize and buy a bad@$$ dirt bike or racing quad, LOL. Anyway, here's the rail, I like the LED strip for night driving, just gotta slow down a bit so ya don't wreck the rail and bust yerself up, AYE??? :eek:

IMG_2929.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG

Gotta remember, these rails are relatively light in weight, so a motor that size will power the rig no problem. The owner did a pretty good job of streamlining things and making this rail effective... perhaps I should install a similar motor on the afterdeck of a Laser, hang some sand paddles off both quarters and make tracks on the water, LOL. I'll hafta rig up some sort of stealth cover for the works, maybe crank my stereo so the "race officials" don't notice the modification, AYE??? Twin freakin' rooster tails 100 meters astern, and every paint-hating Sunfish sailor on the course gnashing his (or her) teeth in frustration, LOL. Probably hafta buy a new mainsail after mine gets shredded due to excessive luffing at 50+ knots... might be better to claim victory under bare poles, YA THANK?!? :rolleyes:

Sage doing his impersonation of a dead rock star:

IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2951.JPG
IMG_2952.JPG

Don't let the rigor mortis fool ya, Sage can still sail with the best of 'em… he's doing a pretty good job of sailing that 8' pool table, LOL. :rolleyes:

While cracking a cold beer and enjoying the wonderful cool-down period at nightfall here in the White Mountains, all windows wide open and the small fan cranked, the thought struck me that some site members may lack sufficient imagination to grasp the dead rock star scenario... you see, that catnip mouse is actually an empty whiskey bottle, while the orange ball with the bell inside is a heroin syringe or an empty pill bottle, take your pick, LOL. ;)

MEH, I'M BACK TO SURFIN' THE INTERWEBS, YOU NAUTICAL MENSA CANDIDATES CARRY ON, AYE??? :confused:

Gonna shelve my relocation worries for the weekend by attending two cool events... got a rodeo rolling into town for the weekend, plus there's a skateboard contest at the local park on my birthday, go figure. My friend Jake is helping with the contest, he's a Navajo BMX rider who rips in the bowls, very smooth & stylish, and he also pulls big air off the spine, LOL. I reckon I'll charge the Hero Cam and bring the Canon along for still shots, should be some cool action at the park on my birthday... as good a gift as any, I suppose. This is the same park where I pulled a few frontside grinders on a fat poolriding stick at double-nickel, age-wise... if they allowed people my age to skate in the contest, I'd be in the Geriatric Division, LOL. Maybe the Jurassic Bowlriding Division, I'd bag the victory because every other skater my age has already croaked. :confused:

The rodeo kicks off tomorrow afternoon with "Mutton Busting"---where little kids ride atop sheep for as long as they can hang onto the critters, LOL. Now, a grown man trying to do this, well, it wouldn't look so good... but the little mutton-busting kids are hilarious as they hang on for dear life. No worries, they wear lightweight crash helmets & sturdy pads, might be a bloody nose in the bargain, maybe a limb stomped by a crazed sheep, LOL. Meh, if you're gonna cowboy up, ya gotta be tough enough to handle these situations. The big boys bust broncs and rope steers later in the program, while the gals do the barrel racing and whatnot... some of those gals are mighty fine too, just like the ones in the 4th of July Parade, yeah? Some of 'em look so good in their Western finery that I almost regret being born on the beach... almost, LOL. :rolleyes:

Well, guess I'll go see what I have in the way of dinner & entertainment tonight, I'm not really hungry in this warm weather but I could watch a good movie on the 65" curved screen, pound a few beers and call it a night. Yesterday, I watched a brand-new compilation DVD with two Ah-nold flicks: "CONAN THE BALL BEARING" & "CONAN THE DESTROYER" in HD. That original Conan flick was CLASSIC, there are some funny lines in it, and surfer Gerry Lopez is excellent as Subitai (?), the archer and thief. Dude could surf monster waves too, he had heller style... no waves in the Conan flick, but that's okay, the story was a good one, and his character's archery skills made up for any other deficiencies. My friends & I were big on 3-D archery back in the day, had primo courses set up and everything... heaps of fun, BBQing and drinking beer. :cool:

MEH, SOME OF THOSE FRIENDS HAVE ALREADY CROSSED THE DIVIDE... I'LL HOOK UP WITH 'EM LATER ONCE MY DAY HAS ARRIVED, 10-4??? :eek:

Last edited:
Hmm, evidently this "Mutton Busting" is bigger than I ever knew... here's a link to a short video clip which shows the tiny tots going for the win, LOL. :eek:

Holy Cow!!! That rodeo was cool, and I went to the skateboard contest today to relive some old memories... probably be easier to include a link to observations made at a different website:

weather

Tuckered out, gonna call it an early night... but a pretty good weekend so far, don't know what tomorrow will bring. So far, so good... :rolleyes:

I've been waxing nostalgic on the skateboard scene back in the day, so the kittehs & I have been watching a few videos... these clips are more modern, of course, but the gritty poolriding is still radical. I like the angle on that classic film segment where Duane Peters makes that gnarly straight roll-in drop... almost, LOL. Not so easy, rolling in straight over pool coping like that... :eek:

YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! :cool:

BE SAFE IF YOU'RE SAILING IN A CROWDED MARITIME CLUSTERF#%… I ALWAYS AVOIDED SAILING ON HOLIDAYS OR HOLIDAY WEEKENDS IN DAGO, TOO MANY DRUNKS & CLUELESS WANKS FOR THIS KID!!! ;)

THE ONLY THING THE KITTEHS & I WILL BE SAILING MANANA IS A BIG OL' BBQ & AN ICEBOX FULL O' BEER... :rolleyes:

Wait, here's a bonus video for the 4th of July...

All of the Lance Mountain "Pooling Around" videos are worth watching, LOL. :eek:

Our local rag had a few pics of the Deuces Wild Rodeo I attended last week... I'll tell ya, some of these AZ rednecks are tougher than dollar steaks, LOL. :confused:

IMG_3111.JPGIMG_3112.JPGIMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3115.JPGIMG_3116.JPG

That was some radical riding, I thought I took some shots as the show progressed, but I guess they were the other kind of shots, the kind that come out of a flask, LOL. Good thing the paper sent backup photogs, aye? Sorry about the clarity of my pics of the paper, I'm an old school "point & shoot" hand, can't be bothered trying to figure out these newfangled digital cameras. That bronc buster Killian was a real hand, all those riders were taking heller abuse from those horses... I still can't believe the gal who won the barrel racing event is 66 years old, maybe that's a misprint. All those gals rode like demons, I tell ya, not much slower than yours truly on a dirt bike, throttle wide open, LOL. :eek:

Here are some more pics, the first shot is of the rodeo in Taylor, 15 or 20 miles up the road:

IMG_3107.JPGIMG_3110.JPGIMG_3108.JPG

Now, that last pic shows some 75-year-old local hand who paddled the length of the Yukon River, LOL... I'm tellin' ya, these heroes are gluttons for punishment. Pretty solid achievement for a guy who's 75, I don't reckon I'll last to that age the way I've lived & partied, LOL. Meh, WTF, I'll settle for sailing a 12' Minifish the length of the Salton Sea... that'd be one helluva cruise, sailing a Fish the length of the Yukon River, I wouldn't even consider it without being fully armed, and I'm not talkin' bear spray, LOL. More like a Weatherby .460 and a Hibachi grill for the bear steaks... bring an Ugly Stik for pullin' fish outta the river as I steer with my feet, aye? Anyway, those are the newspaper pics, anybody who wants to read the articles can Google "White Mountain Independent"---the rag has a free electronic edition, 10-4? :rolleyes:

Holy Cr@p!!! A whole herd of feral pigs just went through my yard, must have been at least 20 of 'em, adults with a few young in tow... the cats alerted me to the presence of the animals, both cats were sleeping but they suddenly jumped up toward the windows in my room, LOL. These cats make great guard animals, they let me know whenever some critter crosses my property, whether it's a skunk, coon, etc. These latest visitors didn't look like Javelinas, they were BIG... so I'm thinking they were feral pigs. Pretty trippy sight, to cut off my light and look out the window and see a $h!tload of wild pigs cruising through my yard, LOL. These White Mountains are full of wildlife, I'm gonna miss all of it if and when I relocate... I may soon be heading to the Northwest, haven't decided yet, but the siren call of the ocean has been strong lately, aye? :rolleyes:

Whoowheeee!!! Rain's a-comin' down now, a few more good steady soakers like this and the back of the miserable drought will be broken... the forest & all its critters need this rain badly, while the air is wonderfully cool & fresh with all the windows wide open. Crackhead is hiding under the bed, that last round of thunder put the scare in him, LOL. Even Sage took off, he's probably hiding under the pool table... maybe in the closet in the Pool Room, I always leave closet doors cracked so the cats can get in there, like a series of cat caves throughout the house. Meh, it's just the three of us here, nobody to nag about the doors being cracked open... besides, I like the cats to patrol the house, we don't have any rodents here but the cats like to roam around and check all the nooks & crannies. I figure WTF, let 'em cruise around and inspect our home, that's their job and it keeps the blasted varmints off the premises, LOL. :confused:

Edit: We DO have rabbits & squirrels in the forest, including the grounds and the trees in the yard, but they do their own thing... one squirrel is hilarious, he'll give the cats grief after they chase him up one of the 21 tall Ponderosa Pines on my property. The cats can only go so far up these tall pines, you understand... goldurned squirrel will sit on a branch 25 or 30 feet up and shout abuse at the kittehs, like a drunken soccer fan at a World Cup match. He's a funny little varmint, way too fast for the cats to catch him... climbs like Dan Osman or Dean Potter back in the day, might as well be going freeway speed up these tall pines. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
After my ritual real estate listings check, which I perform daily in certain areas of the country while my own home is on the market here in AZ, I decided to scan the boat listings on C/L in those same areas, aye? I haven't ruled out the blue commie state of WA as a prospective relocation site, and I'm not talking about that leftist cesspool known as Seattle (with its HUGE homeless/drug problem), there are still a few outlying counties where property prices & taxes are reasonable... the job situation is another story, LOL. If I were to move to the west coast of WA, I'd certainly buy another boat, so out of idle curiosity I looked on C/L to see what was available. First boat I noticed was a Sunfish, though I was kinda hoping for a Laser... problem was, the seller wanted $1200 for the Fish, while a dirty but otherwise decent-looking C-15 on a trailer was going for $700. Nothing wrong with a Coronado 15, they sail quite well for recreational purposes, but given their class specs & sail area, it's best to have a crew along, even if your crew is only one thin date, LOL. If you're just cruising solo and drinking beer, you can sail under the main alone, but with main & jib the boat can get unruly when the breeze picks up... better to have that additional live ballast on the weather rail. Meh, buying the C-15 would give me an excuse to round up some crew members, using obsolete (and non-PC) Royal Navy "Press Gang" tactics... pistol screwed into their faces like a mugging in Compton, North Philly or the Lower Bronx (South Bronx to locals), or a bludgeon to their skulls and a wake-up call at sea, LOL. :confused:

P.S. Fan that I am of Jack London, "THE SEA WOLF" had nothin' on me... I'll put those crew members to work, and once they've outlived their usefulness, their ObamaCare will be the gaping maw of an Orca or a Great White Shark, LOL. :eek:

Some of these comments about Carl Eichenlaub were too good to pass up, so I'll share 'em with alla youse nautical hee-roes, LOL...

Comments from the day Carl passed away - Carl's Cadenza

Got some more lookie-loos comin' to tour the house, enjoy the hilarious anecdotes about Carl Eichenlaub, the guy was a genius and one hell of a craftsman, LOL. The metal detector stories are funny, think how long it would take him to get through TSA checkpoints & screenings today... :rolleyes:

Well, Boyz, I have a feeling the house will soon sell, and after much deliberation I've decided to head back toward the ocean... been nearly two years since I've seen or set foot upon a real beach, and I'm looking forward to camping on the beach while I scout out properties, aye? Gonna park the kittehs in a boarding kennel (cats only, which is good, the kittehs don't like barking dawgs), throw my stuff in storage for a month, and check these places I've earmarked as prospective new homes. Surprisingly, there are still some good deals to be had in WA State, not anywhere near that liberal cesspool known as Seattle, but out on the west coast near Grays Harbor & Willapa Bay. No smog tests or annual/biennial safety inspections for vehicles in those coastal counties either, except for an initial safety inspection when registering an out-of-state vehicle... no worries, everything works on the Camry, LOL. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sailing on the ocean again, these mountain lakes are scenic but the wind shifts are crazy, it takes a good sailor to keep from swimming when the breeze picks up and the gusts come at ya from different directions, LOL. I'm talking about powerful gusts too, not some mere small craft warning material... I'm looking forward to steady sea breezes again, with minor rather than drastic wind shifts. I already know about the dreary weather in coastal WA, I was posted to Fort Lewis in my Aaaaaarrgghmy Daze (USA INF), and a hand can always head for elevation on Mt. Rainier or some other peak to get out from under that cloud layer. I can see myself camping in the Cascades too, nothing wrong with visiting that area, volcanoes be damned, LOL. Hey, if the mountain erupts while I'm camping, I'll save money on firewood, LOL... though I normally scrounge wood for camping trips. ;)

I thought about relocating in other areas of the country, but I've received several "cosmic signs" that my destiny lies in WA... and this is a blue commie state, go figure. But there are ways to deal with that problem and lessen the effects of bad gubmint, LOL. One way is to buy a modest home with a bit o' land around it, in a county where property taxes aren't so exorbitant... I'll be a cash buyer too, no financing for this kid, I like being debt-free, 10-4??? Another way is to stay under the radar where recreation is concerned, that's why I'm breaking down the pool table and taking it with me, LOL... no need to go to a bar to shoot stick, no barroom brawls or DUI action to rain on my parade, just a friend or two over to play pool and BBQ like grillmaster champions, aye??? Gotta have my BBQ, I'll build a big ol' deck if necessary just to park the thing, and that's no lie... :confused:

Get this, here's a weird cosmic sign: Friend Doug (most assuredly NOT a Quaker, he's the hand who cooks the moonshine) was over here last night to par-tay & shoot pool, and he's moving to WA as well, though he'll be in Port Angeles, which means a scenic drive before visiting for the weekend or whatever. This is the least significant cosmic sign I've received, but it's still a sign, yeah? I was joking with Doug last night that we'll be shooting pool on the same table up in WA, dude is a wizard with a pool cue, I beat him every so often but he usually kicks my @$$, LOL. He's a good sport though, one of the best, and he's handy with a chainsaw as well... I'm no slouch in that department, but Doug took down a dead tree on my property in record time, and he did it as a favor (I DID buy the beer & BBQ material, LOL). :D

Another cosmic sign is that the minimum wage is projected to increase to $13.50 per hour in WA by 1/1/20, or the end of next year... I only mention this because I've had the devil of a time finding steady year-round work here in Mormon Country, where Cousin Joe will ALWAYS get hired before an outsider, LOL. I have a perfectly valid CDL-A too, with a spotless MVR, but that makes no difference up here, and I also have that fake Kalifornia felony hanging around my neck like a millstone... nothing ever happened, no crime was committed, just lies on paper from the same badge-sportin' greaseballs behind the Zahau murder cover-up, you can Google "Zahau" if you're clueless and figure out that whole scene. I've seen recent ads for jobs paying considerably more than $13.50 per hour, but I like the idea of making at LEAST that much if I'm forced to flip burgers & sling fries for a living, LOL. ;)

Between the logging, the fishing, the mill work, the tugs that haul the lumber barges, etc., etc., I should be able to find a decent job, fake felony or no fake felony. So I'm looking forward to that whole scene, work is good for the soul, LOL. Especially when the work pays enough for a confirmed bachelor to live like a king... and the cats too, I reckon, they gotta be LIVIN' LARGE as far as kittehs go, aye??? WTF, they'll be eating fresh fish on a regular basis, LOL. It has been an interesting sojourn here in the White Mountains, but I'll leave with no regrets and take the good memories with me... I thought I'd stay here forever, or until death overtook me, but I've already accepted and embraced the reality that it's time to move on and try my luck elsewhere. I'll miss this house, first home I ever actually owned, though I DID help pay off the old beach cottage... but no worries, there are cool homes everywhere, a home is what ya make out of it, right? :cool:

AND THE POOL TABLE IS GOING WITH ME, I'LL PUT THAT BAD BOY IN THE LIVING ROOM OF MY NEXT HOME IF NECESSARY, LOL... BETTER SIGN OFF FOR NOW, MORE ON COSMIC BULL$H!T LATER, 10-4??? BRING ON THE BEACH & THE COASTAL SAILING GIG!!! PREP THE FISHING GEAR!!! BUST OUT THE FIELD GEAR FOR CAMPING ON THE BEACH, WOOHOO!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was just taking stock of the various redneck signs & ornaments on my property, reckon I'll be removing most of them and taking them with me when I relocate:

IMG_3159.JPGIMG_3161.JPGIMG_3156.JPGIMG_3158.JPGIMG_3157.JPGIMG_3160.JPGIMG_3162.JPGIMG_3163.JPGIMG_3165.JPG

Some of those ornaments are bigger than they look in the pics, that lizard is a good example... I was gonna put that bad boy under a different peak of the roof, since his outline is ruined by the attic vent, I only threw him up there temporarily to get him out of the way. Meh, he'll do better on the side of some coastal shotgun shack, LOL... along with the rawhide cattle skull, the KW mudflap ornament (used to be chrome, I got tired of polishing it), the classic prayer revolver sign, etc., etc. Those plastic cutlasses have been around forever, I bought those many years ago in some Halloween sale, and they've been crossed in one location or another ever since, LOL. The "B" is our family initial, that has been around for years as well, just like the KW ornament which used to be on our gate in Coronado. We were the ONLY locals in that seaside ghetto with a KW mudflap ornament on our gate, I assure you... solid redneck décor, all the way, LOL. :eek:

Last edited:
Bigger than it looks, pics don't do it justice... two minis back-to-back so there's a spine, all under cover on 2-1/2 acres.

IMG_3194.JPGIMG_3195.JPGIMG_3196.JPGIMG_3197.JPGIMG_3198.JPGIMG_3199.JPGIMG_3200.JPGIMG_3201.JPGIMG_3193.JPG

Nice morning here, gotta run an errand or two and get back on the task of loading moving boxes... :confused:

Well, youse nautical knucklehaids, I inked the contract to sell my house yesterday, signed a few more documents today... now I'm pounding beers & considering a celebratory steak dinner in the near future, LOL. :rolleyes:

I also found an out-of-state property which would suit me perfectly, as well as the two dysfunctional kittehs who share my goddam life... gotta pick a new home which suits the kittehs, otherwise there'll be a friggin' prison riot. :eek:

YESIREE, SUCH IS LIFE WHEN YA CHOOSE TO LIVE WITH BLASTED VARMINTS... ;)

Just wanted y'all to know that everything is fine here in this beautiful neck o' the woods... :cool:

Got a lot done today, boxing up stuff for the upcoming move... guess I'll go check the boat ads on C/L, see if I can't find some Craigslist Flake or tweekin' crackerhead to unload a Lido 14 for $250, stolen trailer with taped-up plates included, LOL. :eek:

Holy Mackerel!!! That was a flurry of loading activity, I gotta take a break for awhile... I'm almost done loading household goods, I still have to go through the kitchen and box up everything I won't need till I'm established in my next home. I'll leave out some things I need for the duration while I'm still here in AZ, and things I intend to stash in the trunk of the Camry for camping purposes. Everything else gets boxed up and securely taped for the trip aboard the rental truck. I want the loading of the truck to go smoothly, so I'm staging stacks of boxes in various rooms... when the time comes to load, I'll use my dolly and wheel that stuff right into the truck, should go like Swiss clockwork now that everything is (almost) ready. :rolleyes:

I'll soon have to spend a day breaking down my 8' pool table and prepping the components for transport. Gotta remove the cue racks from the wall of the Pool Room, plus that 55" flatscreen and wall mount, all that cr@p is going with me. I'm gonna take a sequence of detailed pics when I disassemble the table, that way I can reassemble most of it on the other end... Friend Doug can help me level the slate and re-felt it, he's already up there in WA. Worst-case scenario, I pay some pro to level the slate and re-felt the table, but Friend Doug & I are both pretty handy, maybe we can figure it out ourselves. I'm looking forward to shooting stick on that table in WA, whether the table is in my living room or winds up as the centerpiece of a shop man-cave, LOL. ;)

Damn, I had a couple o' beers while loading stuff into boxes, then ate a good lunch before grabbing a shower... now I'm kinda sleepy, LOL, think I'll take a big ol' siesta while lying under the large fan. This relocation business really takes it out of ya, I hadn't planned on relocating again when I moved here, as the White Mountains are a veritable paradise on earth, but I gotta find steady year-round work... if I were retired, I wouldn't be going anywhere, LOL. Meh, I've enjoyed my time here in all other respects, despite inflicting two or three severe injuries upon myself while "reliving my youth"---dirt biking and skateboarding, can't ride like a demon anymore, eat $h!t, and expect to get up and walk away like I'm still 20, aye? Next time I ride in the dirt, it'll be on a quad, and I reckon I'm about done with skating, LOL. :eek:

DAMN SHOULDER STILL HURTS AFTER THAT LAST SLAM, AND IT HAS BEEN 10 DAYS, GO FIGURE... THIS GROWING OLD IS FOR THE BIRDS, I'M GONNA BUY A BOAT WHEN I GET TO THE BEACH AND STICK TO SAILING FOR AWHILE. :confused:

Which reminds me, I saw a Sailfish in Puyallup for $650 (Seattle C/L), and a rather uncommon J/36 in one ad, in case anyone's interested... can't remember if the J/36 was in the Seattle or Olympic Peninsula C/L ads. Might hafta go back a few days to find it, I plan on buying a small sailboat like a Lido 14 or something similar on a trailer, something with cockpit benches to make life a little easier, LOL. :cool:

I'M OFF TO TAKE A NAP, THE SANDMAN IS STANDIN' ON MY EYELIDS... CHEERS!!! :D

Ya know, some folks here at this site never got a good line on this wingsuit video, one of the best in my opinion... Jeb Corliss is dead, but this radical video lives on to inspire other "3-D Sailors" (that's what I call 'em, LOL). Soundtrack dubbing is weak in parts, but the video stands tall on its own; one day, if I ever hit the big-time, I'm gonna sail down there, charter a chopper and do this wingsuit flight... it looks like heller fun & adventure. Here we go:

ENJOY!!! CHEERS!!! :eek:

P.S. Do NOT try this aboard your Sunfish or Laser, though if ya DO and actually pull it off, you'll be a REGULAR NAUTICAL HEE-RO, LOL!!! :rolleyes:

I was just watching another wingsuit video... I've been fascinated by wingsuit flight ever since the first proponents took to the air, it must be such a rush to fly that way. One day, when my life isn't so hectic, I'd like to go up and make the leap out of a plane or chopper, wingsuit on and Hero Cam rolling, LOL. In the meantime, I get vicarious thrills by watching these extreme athletes push the envelope... close-proximity wingsuit flight is freakin' dangerous too, not necessarily for experienced pilots but for newbies, I recently read some blurb about wingsuit flight now being the most dangerous sport on the planet. At the same time, I see this sport as an integral part of man's future: if mankind survives itself and begins to colonize other planets, these extreme athletes are EXACTLY the kind of troopers we want on the recon teams. Technical rock climbers, wingsuit pilots, scuba divers, et al are ideal recon team material, able to explore new planets and their satellites using top gear and radical techniques. Sure, there's an attrition rate now, since wingsuit flight is a relatively new sport, but in time pilots like these will soar over alien terrain on distant worlds, filming everything in sight and pushing exploration to a new level. Anyway, here's another video, the mountain scenery in this one doesn't exactly suck... when I was young and my family lived in Europe for five years, we traveled extensively through the Alps and saw many of the places seen in this and other related videos. Hell, the engineering feats in constructing the tramway & building those tourist traps on Aiguille du Midi were difficult enough, but flying through that rather small gap is another thing entirely, LOL. :eek:

ENJOY!!! CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. These "Perfect Flight" videos are pretty good, there's a series dating back a number of years... meh, better late than never when it comes to viewing, LOL. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back