Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #101
Starting my campfires with GASOLINE now, makes things easy... have a roaring fire in 3-5 minutes, TOPS, LOL. Norcalsail, check the pics I just posted, they are literally the bomb, 10-4??? Molotov Campfires, WOOHOO!!! I'll never go camping again without GASOLINE, should've done this from the beginning, LOL. CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. Gotta run back to the campground, the eagles have returned and I'm concerned about Crackhead getting picked off, the poor little guy... couple more days and the kittehs will be in a short-term rental, safe indoors at night and safer in the daytime than living in the forest. I'll never forget the wonderful glamping adventure we've had, pushing SEVEN WEEKS IN THE FIELD, LOL. Damn. :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #102
Quick update: the kittehs & I are in the short-term rental, our glamping adventure lasted 47 days/46 nights, a personal record for me (and the kittehs, LOL). We'll likely remain in the rental over the winter as I carry on this crazy dream project of building a bad@$$ home/slash/mini pool hall in the woods, not far from the coast. Still wading through gubmint regs & building codes on that front, but I'm committed to the insulated steel building, no way I eat the non-refundable $4K "engineering fee" that I already paid. So it's "Onward, Christian Soldiers!!!" Well, maybe I'd qualify as a Pagan Soldier, LOL. WTF, make it a Viking Soldier, I know there's some Norse blood in the woodpile somewhere... thing is, Vikings didn't have high-powered rifles and large sidearms, LOL. Not even Bear Spray, though they DID have psilocybin and Berserker mushroom cults, LOL. Enough history for now, time to focus upon the future, this crazy project is a daunting task but it's also very exciting, since I get to call the shots and make all the decisions. Another reason to research all the codes & regs for this sorta project, I'm currently looking for land outside town limits so I can cut down some of those codes & regs, LOL. When this crazy dream is all finished, I'll be LIVIN' IN PARADISE, WOOHOO!!! With Westport right up the road, awesome boating & fishing there... one fine day, I'll round that huge jetty and patrol the beach, same way I did a thousand times in Coronado. Gonna pull the standard bikini inspection while guzzling beer & sailing just outside the impact zone... it's a thankless job, but SOMEBODY has to do it, LOL. :confused:

MAHALO, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES!!! CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Tablet went kaput awhile ago, just bought a new computer and I now have a different e-mail address, site handle, etc. Johnny Cash's Ghost Rider will officially be laid to rest, while Coastal Redneck will take the helm and steer the boat to uncharted waters, LOL. Gotta run, I'm hooking up the Internet at the rental flat and I have to run to Aberdeen to bag the modem from Comcast, it'll be faster than shipping it... gotta pick up a Roku stick or some similar antenna at WallyWorld, I wanna watch football this weekend if possible, haven't seen a game in nearly two months and I'm suffering from GWS (Gridiron Withdrawal Syndrome). It's a bad case too, might hafta sit on the leather motorized reclining sofa all weekend and watch game after game, maybe toss in Monday Night just to be on the safe side. No worries, my sofa has built-in cup holders!!! WOOHOO!!! CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Well, Boyz, I may bite the bullet and pick up a Flying Scot, even though she's a bit heavier on her trailer than I'd like for towing purposes with the Mighty Camry... but I foresee a good secondhand truck in the not-too-distant future, at which time the towing issue would become a moot point. My primary concern with the Camry is pulling the boat outta the water and up a wet slippery ramp. Meh, all I really need to do tomorrow is bring the boat down and start working on her whenever I get the chance, even though I'll also be busy pouring a slab and erecting my steel building, aye? As with the building project, I'm looking down the line to when the building and boat are finished, at that time I'll be ready for some serious sailing outta Westport, as well as some fishing on the Willapa River & Willapa Bay (leaving the rig at home and slapping a motor on the existing motor mount). :)

I was reading up on the Flying Scot, and new racing boats from the factory cost around $25K, daysailing or cruising models close to that amount. This boat comes with an EZ Loader trailer which I can easily clean up and paint, while the boat will require more intensive restoration, though the sails & lines are supposedly in great shape. Looks to have Harken blocks too, always a plus. The hull supposedly has a "slow Leak" (according to the owner), but that's something I can easily fix. Once that's done, several coats of 2-part LP primer & paint will work magic on the boat's appearance. Only question now is which colors to choose, and which name for the currently-unnamed boat... maybe "VOODOO CHILD" to complete an unfinished dream with regard to another hull. I'll hafta choose a bad@$$ color combo for the hull & deck, something which will look heller cool off the beach in Westport, and also turn heads along the riverfront on the Willapa, LOL. :eek:

WELL, THAT'S IT FOR NOW, I'LL POST PICS IF I BUY THE FLYING SCOT, SO I HAVE MATERIAL FOR "BEFORE & AFTER" SHOTS, LOL... CHEERS!!! ;)

P.S. Gloss black spars for sure, maybe an added custom logo on the FS mainsail, LOL. :rolleyes:

"Son!!!" (a la Jerry Reed), you forget that I'm growing older... but Flying Sidewalk is a good moniker, LOL. Make that a Flying Manhattan Sidewalk, 10-4??? :eek:

When I'm drunk, I can pull circus acts on deck, riding around on a unicycle and juggling lit torches & operational chainsaws while the boat is thrashing to windward or screaming on a broad reach, LOL. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ya know, I'm also meeting some really cool folks here in Coastal Washington, and I foresee help with launching the boat and sailing or fishing (i.e. drinking beer). I can probably step the mast and rig the boat on my own, being careful with my bum shoulder, but I'm thinking I'll have enough willing help, particularly if I buy all the beer, LOL. WTF, I'll bring lunch too, y'all don't know I'm an excellent cook, sandwich maker, etc. With some REAL LUCK, I'll have the hot librarian gal to help me, she can wear one of those French Maid outfits, maybe just a G-string, LOL... and YES, I'm a male chauvinist pig, might as well get that outta the way here & now, AYE??? Meh, I'll go easy on her with my Bligh impersonation: only 10 lashes instead of 100, with my scorching-hot librarian bent over a cannon or lashed to a grating, LOL. No worries, I'll make it up to her later... ;)