Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #81
Here's a link to pics of yesterday's gravesite visit & tribute ride to Jingle Belle, don't forget to start the video so you can hear Jingle Belle's song, same way I did when I was out there in the forest. :(

"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

There are actually six rounds of pics, but one leads into the next, and so on... poor little Jingles, I still miss her, she was only 16 months old when the demon poison took her away from us. :confused:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #82
I was perusing boat ads up in the PNW, and I figured I'd share a few results of my search. Check out the woodwork in this bad girl, sellers must be high on crack if they think they'll get that much for her, but ya never know, some rich clown may throw down the money... though I never met any rich folk who were willing to row, LOL.

14 Ft. Classic Whitehall Rowboat

Sure is pretty woodwork... here's a little boat I'd buy if she came with a trailer:

14' C Lark sailboat o.b.o

Here's a boat named "Gesundheit!!!" Not my first choice but the name adds character, LOL.

14' Sailing Dinghy & Trailer

And now, a powerboat from that era when boat manufacturers made boats which resembled cars... a marketing strategy to sell boats to common folks who were comfortable with driving cars but lacked nautical experience. I always liked the ones with curved windscreens myself, but this is still a good example of craft from that era. Pretty good preservation/restoration job too, she looks like something that just rolled off the Chrysler line, LOL.

Classic 17ft 1968 Silverline Deville

And last but not least, a boat for those cult classic fans into the original "MAD MAX" and "THE ROAD WARRIOR"---WTF, it's only $500, and Webfoot1 can give good advice on power washing and other methods of cleanup, I'm thinking gasoline & a lit match, LOL:

Sailboat for sale

And that concludes the presentation, I'll probably wind up buying that C-15 on a trailer for under a grand, the one I pinged on earlier, but we'll see what happens once I get up there in the PNW. Friend Doug the Moonshine Man is already up there, probably cooking a fresh batch of 'shine out of mash & pine needles, LOL. :eek:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #83
Making progress on the preparations for relocation... I'm staging the last boxloads of stuff, trying to draw the fine line between what can be packed away and what I might still need for the rest of my stay here in the White Mountains. I also have to finish scientifically loading all my camping gear into the trunk of the Mighty Camry, though I'd better wash the car first, it's still dirty from my little offroading adventure the other day.

Once I get up to WA and throw the cats in a boarding kennel, then unload my household goods into storage and drop off the rental truck, I intend to camp out for 2-3 weeks, and I want all my field equipment in the car so I can make it happen pronto. Gotta put it in the trunk for now though, that will give the two cats more room in the cabin of the sedan as they ride the tow dolly... no way I hear their complaints in the truck cab for 1300+ miles, LOL.

No worries, the kittehs will have food, water, litter box, etc., in the Camry, and the windows will be cracked far enough to ensure ample ventilation. Probably crack all the vents too, depends upon the exhaust system of the rental truck... don't want my cats sucking fumes & getting gassed by some "weed burner" exhaust pipe. No future in that, I want healthy beach and/or harbor kittehs once I buy a fixer up there in western WA.

That camping trip will be radical, I already chose one campground in which to stay while I tour homes for sale... after I sign the paperwork on my new home (a fixer, no doubt, but new to me), and I have to wait for escrow to close, I'll start camping up and down the Olympic Peninsula. That's gonna be a blast, camping on the beach for a day or two, up in the mountains for a day or two, back to the beach, etc., etc., stylin' it the whole time, LOL.

I don't give a flyin' f#% if it rains either, I have full-on mountaineering expedition gear, so my tent has a rain fly, LOL. I'll set up & stake down my oversized beach umbrella if necessary, kickin' it in my oversized camp chair with beer in hand as the BBQ gets going... nothing like steaks & beers while camping, WOOHOO!!! I like Bush's Beans too, they keep my f@rtsack warm at night, LOL. Maybe that's TMI for some sidewalk sissies here, 10-4???

Well, guess I'll grab another cold one outta the fridge... at least I don't hafta move the friggin' appliances this time, they're going with the house when I sell it... no problema, I'll have enough to buy new ones up there in the Evergreen State. Sometime in the next few days, I gotta break down the 8' pool table for transport, I found some carpet remnants I can use to protect the slate, remnants left over from when I redid the carpet here at the house.

ALRIGHT, TIME TO GRAB THAT BEER, THEN I'LL SEE WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON HERE...OR AT THE OTHER SITES I FREQUENT, 10-4??? I DON'T ALWAYS HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS, BUT MY PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW ME TO SURF THE INTERWEBS, LOL. CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #84
Couldn't sleep, so I pulled my usual remedy: got up, grabbed a cold beer and started looking at boat ads. Saw a few cool boats, but this ad was the standout... a damned good deal for someone who knows how to bring boats up to speed. Hell, you could fix all three, keep the best and sell the other two, LOL. Some club is liquidating older boats in their fleet, the erroneous 8' measurement stems from another ad they ran for 2 Optimist Dinghies, they got the Laser length right lower in the ad. Check out this deal, anybody up there near Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia who wants a Laser and isn't afraid of a little boat work, this could be your ticket... you'd have to pick up or convert a trailer, but who cares? I saw another Laser ad where the seller wanted $3200 for boat & trailer... you could fix these, keep one & sell the others, buy a trailer and still get the best boat for free, plus have plenty o' money left over for steaks & beers, LOL. Meh, here's the ad:

(3) 8' Laser Sailboats plus Parts :eek:

If I were already established on the beach in western WA, I'd probably buy these and just pay the dude a little extra to run 'em out to my house... fix 'em up one by one and sling the other two at my leisure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #85
Dang, Burt Reynolds died... not quite as iconic as "The Duke" or Clint Eastwood, but still pretty funny, I liked him in the Bandit flicks, as well as "The Longest Yard" (original version) and "Sharky's Machine"---"I'M GONNA PULL THE CHAIN!!!" Ah, well, so it goes, one more old school Hollywood actor down... :confused:

R.I.P., BANDIT, NOW YOU'LL BE HANGIN' WITH JERRY REED ONCE AGAIN... CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

"EASTBOUND & DOWN, LOADED UP & TRUCKIN', WE'RE GONNA DO WHAT THEY SAY CAN'T BE DONE... " :cool:

"GOT A LONG WAY TO GO AND A SHORT TIME TO GET THERE..." ;)

Last edited: