Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #61
Whoowheeee!!! Rain's a-comin' down now, a few more good steady soakers like this and the back of the miserable drought will be broken... the forest & all its critters need this rain badly, while the air is wonderfully cool & fresh with all the windows wide open. Crackhead is hiding under the bed, that last round of thunder put the scare in him, LOL. Even Sage took off, he's probably hiding under the pool table... maybe in the closet in the Pool Room, I always leave closet doors cracked so the cats can get in there, like a series of cat caves throughout the house. Meh, it's just the three of us here, nobody to nag about the doors being cracked open... besides, I like the cats to patrol the house, we don't have any rodents here but the cats like to roam around and check all the nooks & crannies. I figure WTF, let 'em cruise around and inspect our home, that's their job and it keeps the blasted varmints off the premises, LOL. :confused:

Edit: We DO have rabbits & squirrels in the forest, including the grounds and the trees in the yard, but they do their own thing... one squirrel is hilarious, he'll give the cats grief after they chase him up one of the 21 tall Ponderosa Pines on my property. The cats can only go so far up these tall pines, you understand... goldurned squirrel will sit on a branch 25 or 30 feet up and shout abuse at the kittehs, like a drunken soccer fan at a World Cup match. He's a funny little varmint, way too fast for the cats to catch him... climbs like Dan Osman or Dean Potter back in the day, might as well be going freeway speed up these tall pines. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #62
After my ritual real estate listings check, which I perform daily in certain areas of the country while my own home is on the market here in AZ, I decided to scan the boat listings on C/L in those same areas, aye? I haven't ruled out the blue commie state of WA as a prospective relocation site, and I'm not talking about that leftist cesspool known as Seattle (with its HUGE homeless/drug problem), there are still a few outlying counties where property prices & taxes are reasonable... the job situation is another story, LOL. If I were to move to the west coast of WA, I'd certainly buy another boat, so out of idle curiosity I looked on C/L to see what was available. First boat I noticed was a Sunfish, though I was kinda hoping for a Laser... problem was, the seller wanted $1200 for the Fish, while a dirty but otherwise decent-looking C-15 on a trailer was going for $700. Nothing wrong with a Coronado 15, they sail quite well for recreational purposes, but given their class specs & sail area, it's best to have a crew along, even if your crew is only one thin date, LOL. If you're just cruising solo and drinking beer, you can sail under the main alone, but with main & jib the boat can get unruly when the breeze picks up... better to have that additional live ballast on the weather rail. Meh, buying the C-15 would give me an excuse to round up some crew members, using obsolete (and non-PC) Royal Navy "Press Gang" tactics... pistol screwed into their faces like a mugging in Compton, North Philly or the Lower Bronx (South Bronx to locals), or a bludgeon to their skulls and a wake-up call at sea, LOL. :confused:

P.S. Fan that I am of Jack London, "THE SEA WOLF" had nothin' on me... I'll put those crew members to work, and once they've outlived their usefulness, their ObamaCare will be the gaping maw of an Orca or a Great White Shark, LOL. :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #63
Some of these comments about Carl Eichenlaub were too good to pass up, so I'll share 'em with alla youse nautical hee-roes, LOL...

Comments from the day Carl passed away - Carl's Cadenza

Got some more lookie-loos comin' to tour the house, enjoy the hilarious anecdotes about Carl Eichenlaub, the guy was a genius and one hell of a craftsman, LOL. The metal detector stories are funny, think how long it would take him to get through TSA checkpoints & screenings today... :rolleyes: