Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #41
Here's a diehard Laser sailing tune if ever there was one:

Me dear departed mum, bless her soul, played violin for Tommy Dorsey many years ago, and she taught us to appreciate a wide range of musical styles or genres. This song has always been my favorite tune, despite all the classical music and other good tunes out there. If somebody were to tell me, "YOU'LL BE SHOT IN FIVE MINUTES... PICK A TUNE!!!"---well, THIS would be the tune I'd pick, because it has so much soul. After the tune ended, I'd tell the guy, "LET'S GET ON WITH IT, WE'RE BURNIN' DAYLIGHT HERE!!!" That way, I wouldn't have to sit around for over a minute-and-a-half, waiting for a bullet... LOL. :confused:

P.S. That line about the "open arms of the sea" makes this tune a Laser classic, no two ways about it. :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #42
Ever since I drop-kicked one wanker off my property, I've been receiving heaps of spam e-mails... I think the jackhole gave my e-mail address to a bunch of online ad agencies. I'll clearly have to close that account and open another under a new address, but I'm thinking I should wait until AFTER the home sale, I don't want anything to slow down the sale or f#% it up, 10-4? So I'm deleting 40 or 50 spam e-mails at a time, something like 100-150 per day---easy enough to do, but in the process I've noticed something truly amazing, and I just wanna share this observation with y'all... :cool:

Ya see, I lost my youthful charm awhile back---it fell off a truck about a million miles ago---yet with the advent of all this spam e-mail, dozens of gorgeous and hot, horny wimmin wanna hook up with me. Can it be, has a MIRACLE occurred and I've somehow regained my youthful charm? To the point where wimmin find me attractive again? My wallet is still thin, so THAT can't be it... though I DID turn down an offer of $100K for the house, I'm holding out for $110K so I can pay off the scumbag realtor and still slope outta here with $100K, you understand. :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering whether a tired old man can MIRACULOUSLY regain the looks and charm of his youth... or did the "ugly pills" simply wear off and leave me in good standing? Truth be told, these half-naked wimmin are quite attractive to me, each one seems so honest and sincere... I'm ready to impart all personal info, SSN, bank account & pin numbers, etc., etc., to each and every gal. Maybe I can marry 'em all over the Internet, this being Mormon Country... and sign over half my property to each one, so that a massive debt clusterf#% will develop when things fall apart and I'm repeatedly kicked to the curb. :confused:

MEH, JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS AMAZING RESURGENCE OF MY YOUTH WITH Y'ALL---IT'S A MODERN-DAY MIRACLE!!! HALF-NAKED SPAMMER CHICKS, THE LINE FORMS TO THE LEFT... PRETTY SOON, I'LL RACK UP ENOUGH DEBT TO MAKE THE GUBMINT LOOK LIKE A BUNCH O' PIKERS!!! ;)

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #43
Shots of my crew hangin' out over the past few days:

IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2872.JPG
IMG_2873.JPG
IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2874.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG

Not the best sailors on the planet, but their unconditional love makes up for their... er… nautical deficiencies. Oh, yeah, they can sing too... :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #44
As I prepare to flip this home of mine and try my luck elsewhere, I've been waxing nostalgic about my old Laser #2069, and these video clips say it all:

Here's one more, straight from my heart to old Laser #2069... she was a righteous boat with good karma, hard to let her go after all these years. :(

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZEP!!! PINK FLOYD & THE MIGHTY ZEP, THE TWO GREATEST ROCK BANDS EVER... THOUGH OTHERS CAME CLOSE, THESE TWO BANDS PUT OUT THE GREATEST VOLUME OF MATERIAL. :cool:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #45
Stumbled across this excellent compilation video, as a lifelong small craft sailor I'm fascinated by close-proximity wingsuit flight, even if most of these heroes are already dead. Meh, that's what happens when ya live on the cutting edge, and there's a positive side to death: no more globalist plot and no more scumbag politicians, it's a win-win situation, LOL. Here's the video, if your Friday afternoon is dragging on this will perk ya up, no doubt:

P.S. If I were independently wealthy, I would travel the globe and pull these wingsuit flights in spectacular venues... it must be such a rush. Of course, my main mode of transport round the globe would be an old wooden schooner, as I'm deathly afraid of commercial aviation... those airborne stock cars SCARE ME, AYE??? Death-defying close-proximity wingsuit flight, no problem... commercial aviation, "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #46
Hmm, forgot a phrase and a couple of modifiers...

Text of previous post should read: "...as a lifelong small craft sailor and former vertical skateboarder..." :confused:

Text should also read: "... NO MORE EVIL GLOBALIST PLOT AND NO MORE SLIMY SCUMBAG POLITICIANS..." :eek:

Just wanted to bring that post up to speed, I'm still gettin' used to this timed editing number... :rolleyes: