Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #41
Here's a diehard Laser sailing tune if ever there was one:

Me dear departed mum, bless her soul, played violin for Tommy Dorsey many years ago, and she taught us to appreciate a wide range of musical styles or genres. This song has always been my favorite tune, despite all the classical music and other good tunes out there. If somebody were to tell me, "YOU'LL BE SHOT IN FIVE MINUTES... PICK A TUNE!!!"---well, THIS would be the tune I'd pick, because it has so much soul. After the tune ended, I'd tell the guy, "LET'S GET ON WITH IT, WE'RE BURNIN' DAYLIGHT HERE!!!" That way, I wouldn't have to sit around for over a minute-and-a-half, waiting for a bullet... LOL. :confused:

P.S. That line about the "open arms of the sea" makes this tune a Laser classic, no two ways about it. :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #42
Ever since I drop-kicked one wanker off my property, I've been receiving heaps of spam e-mails... I think the jackhole gave my e-mail address to a bunch of online ad agencies. I'll clearly have to close that account and open another under a new address, but I'm thinking I should wait until AFTER the home sale, I don't want anything to slow down the sale or f#% it up, 10-4? So I'm deleting 40 or 50 spam e-mails at a time, something like 100-150 per day---easy enough to do, but in the process I've noticed something truly amazing, and I just wanna share this observation with y'all... :cool:

Ya see, I lost my youthful charm awhile back---it fell off a truck about a million miles ago---yet with the advent of all this spam e-mail, dozens of gorgeous and hot, horny wimmin wanna hook up with me. Can it be, has a MIRACLE occurred and I've somehow regained my youthful charm? To the point where wimmin find me attractive again? My wallet is still thin, so THAT can't be it... though I DID turn down an offer of $100K for the house, I'm holding out for $110K so I can pay off the scumbag realtor and still slope outta here with $100K, you understand. :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering whether a tired old man can MIRACULOUSLY regain the looks and charm of his youth... or did the "ugly pills" simply wear off and leave me in good standing? Truth be told, these half-naked wimmin are quite attractive to me, each one seems so honest and sincere... I'm ready to impart all personal info, SSN, bank account & pin numbers, etc., etc., to each and every gal. Maybe I can marry 'em all over the Internet, this being Mormon Country... and sign over half my property to each one, so that a massive debt clusterf#% will develop when things fall apart and I'm repeatedly kicked to the curb. :confused:

MEH, JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS AMAZING RESURGENCE OF MY YOUTH WITH Y'ALL---IT'S A MODERN-DAY MIRACLE!!! HALF-NAKED SPAMMER CHICKS, THE LINE FORMS TO THE LEFT... PRETTY SOON, I'LL RACK UP ENOUGH DEBT TO MAKE THE GUBMINT LOOK LIKE A BUNCH O' PIKERS!!! ;)

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #43
Shots of my crew hangin' out over the past few days:

IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2872.JPG
IMG_2873.JPG
IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2874.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG

Not the best sailors on the planet, but their unconditional love makes up for their... er… nautical deficiencies. Oh, yeah, they can sing too... :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #44
As I prepare to flip this home of mine and try my luck elsewhere, I've been waxing nostalgic about my old Laser #2069, and these video clips say it all:

Here's one more, straight from my heart to old Laser #2069... she was a righteous boat with good karma, hard to let her go after all these years. :(

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZEP!!! PINK FLOYD & THE MIGHTY ZEP, THE TWO GREATEST ROCK BANDS EVER... THOUGH OTHERS CAME CLOSE, THESE TWO BANDS PUT OUT THE GREATEST VOLUME OF MATERIAL. :cool:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #45
Stumbled across this excellent compilation video, as a lifelong small craft sailor I'm fascinated by close-proximity wingsuit flight, even if most of these heroes are already dead. Meh, that's what happens when ya live on the cutting edge, and there's a positive side to death: no more globalist plot and no more scumbag politicians, it's a win-win situation, LOL. Here's the video, if your Friday afternoon is dragging on this will perk ya up, no doubt:

P.S. If I were independently wealthy, I would travel the globe and pull these wingsuit flights in spectacular venues... it must be such a rush. Of course, my main mode of transport round the globe would be an old wooden schooner, as I'm deathly afraid of commercial aviation... those airborne stock cars SCARE ME, AYE??? Death-defying close-proximity wingsuit flight, no problem... commercial aviation, "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #46
Hmm, forgot a phrase and a couple of modifiers...

Text of previous post should read: "...as a lifelong small craft sailor and former vertical skateboarder..." :confused:

Text should also read: "... NO MORE EVIL GLOBALIST PLOT AND NO MORE SLIMY SCUMBAG POLITICIANS..." :eek:

Just wanted to bring that post up to speed, I'm still gettin' used to this timed editing number... :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #48
At long last, some much-needed rain to end months of drought... kittehs & I are enjoying quality time with all windows wide open, the cool fresh air flowing throughout the house. Awesome fresh mountain air, hope it rains all day & night... Lord knows the forest could use it, we've been under Stage 3 Fire Restrictions for some time, and that includes no public smoking. I'm not a tobacco smoker, I just mention that so y'all know how bad the drought has been here in the high country. I wouldn't mind if it rained for a week straight, this cool damp air sure feels good, LOL. :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #49
Pulled a 135-mile triangular recon to check out some properties for sale in nearby towns, and I saw this rail for sale in Taylor, a small town on AZ77 north of Show Low. All work and no play makes Jack a dull Laser sailor, I can just see the fool flyin' down Rim Road 300 in this rig, LOL. Not the burliest rail I've ever seen, and it'd need sand paddles for any dunes, but it'd be just fine for the Rim Road, which is like a dirt road on steroids here in the high country... thing runs at least 90 miles from Show Low to the Payson/Pine area, might go farther than that, I haven't run that much of it yet. Always wanted to run the length of it, maybe I'll get around to it if I downsize and buy a bad@$$ dirt bike or racing quad, LOL. Anyway, here's the rail, I like the LED strip for night driving, just gotta slow down a bit so ya don't wreck the rail and bust yerself up, AYE??? :eek:

IMG_2929.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG

Gotta remember, these rails are relatively light in weight, so a motor that size will power the rig no problem. The owner did a pretty good job of streamlining things and making this rail effective... perhaps I should install a similar motor on the afterdeck of a Laser, hang some sand paddles off both quarters and make tracks on the water, LOL. I'll hafta rig up some sort of stealth cover for the works, maybe crank my stereo so the "race officials" don't notice the modification, AYE??? Twin freakin' rooster tails 100 meters astern, and every paint-hating Sunfish sailor on the course gnashing his (or her) teeth in frustration, LOL. Probably hafta buy a new mainsail after mine gets shredded due to excessive luffing at 50+ knots... might be better to claim victory under bare poles, YA THANK?!? :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #50
Sage doing his impersonation of a dead rock star:

IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2951.JPG
IMG_2952.JPG

Don't let the rigor mortis fool ya, Sage can still sail with the best of 'em… he's doing a pretty good job of sailing that 8' pool table, LOL. :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #51
While cracking a cold beer and enjoying the wonderful cool-down period at nightfall here in the White Mountains, all windows wide open and the small fan cranked, the thought struck me that some site members may lack sufficient imagination to grasp the dead rock star scenario... you see, that catnip mouse is actually an empty whiskey bottle, while the orange ball with the bell inside is a heroin syringe or an empty pill bottle, take your pick, LOL. ;)

MEH, I'M BACK TO SURFIN' THE INTERWEBS, YOU NAUTICAL MENSA CANDIDATES CARRY ON, AYE??? :confused:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #54
Gonna shelve my relocation worries for the weekend by attending two cool events... got a rodeo rolling into town for the weekend, plus there's a skateboard contest at the local park on my birthday, go figure. My friend Jake is helping with the contest, he's a Navajo BMX rider who rips in the bowls, very smooth & stylish, and he also pulls big air off the spine, LOL. I reckon I'll charge the Hero Cam and bring the Canon along for still shots, should be some cool action at the park on my birthday... as good a gift as any, I suppose. This is the same park where I pulled a few frontside grinders on a fat poolriding stick at double-nickel, age-wise... if they allowed people my age to skate in the contest, I'd be in the Geriatric Division, LOL. Maybe the Jurassic Bowlriding Division, I'd bag the victory because every other skater my age has already croaked. :confused:

The rodeo kicks off tomorrow afternoon with "Mutton Busting"---where little kids ride atop sheep for as long as they can hang onto the critters, LOL. Now, a grown man trying to do this, well, it wouldn't look so good... but the little mutton-busting kids are hilarious as they hang on for dear life. No worries, they wear lightweight crash helmets & sturdy pads, might be a bloody nose in the bargain, maybe a limb stomped by a crazed sheep, LOL. Meh, if you're gonna cowboy up, ya gotta be tough enough to handle these situations. The big boys bust broncs and rope steers later in the program, while the gals do the barrel racing and whatnot... some of those gals are mighty fine too, just like the ones in the 4th of July Parade, yeah? Some of 'em look so good in their Western finery that I almost regret being born on the beach... almost, LOL. :rolleyes:

Well, guess I'll go see what I have in the way of dinner & entertainment tonight, I'm not really hungry in this warm weather but I could watch a good movie on the 65" curved screen, pound a few beers and call it a night. Yesterday, I watched a brand-new compilation DVD with two Ah-nold flicks: "CONAN THE BALL BEARING" & "CONAN THE DESTROYER" in HD. That original Conan flick was CLASSIC, there are some funny lines in it, and surfer Gerry Lopez is excellent as Subitai (?), the archer and thief. Dude could surf monster waves too, he had heller style... no waves in the Conan flick, but that's okay, the story was a good one, and his character's archery skills made up for any other deficiencies. My friends & I were big on 3-D archery back in the day, had primo courses set up and everything... heaps of fun, BBQing and drinking beer. :cool:

MEH, SOME OF THOSE FRIENDS HAVE ALREADY CROSSED THE DIVIDE... I'LL HOOK UP WITH 'EM LATER ONCE MY DAY HAS ARRIVED, 10-4??? :eek:

Last edited:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #55
Hmm, evidently this "Mutton Busting" is bigger than I ever knew... here's a link to a short video clip which shows the tiny tots going for the win, LOL. :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #56
Holy Cow!!! That rodeo was cool, and I went to the skateboard contest today to relive some old memories... probably be easier to include a link to observations made at a different website:

weather

Tuckered out, gonna call it an early night... but a pretty good weekend so far, don't know what tomorrow will bring. So far, so good... :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #57
I've been waxing nostalgic on the skateboard scene back in the day, so the kittehs & I have been watching a few videos... these clips are more modern, of course, but the gritty poolriding is still radical. I like the angle on that classic film segment where Duane Peters makes that gnarly straight roll-in drop... almost, LOL. Not so easy, rolling in straight over pool coping like that... :eek:

YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! :cool:

BE SAFE IF YOU'RE SAILING IN A CROWDED MARITIME CLUSTERF#%… I ALWAYS AVOIDED SAILING ON HOLIDAYS OR HOLIDAY WEEKENDS IN DAGO, TOO MANY DRUNKS & CLUELESS WANKS FOR THIS KID!!! ;)

THE ONLY THING THE KITTEHS & I WILL BE SAILING MANANA IS A BIG OL' BBQ & AN ICEBOX FULL O' BEER... :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #58
Wait, here's a bonus video for the 4th of July...

All of the Lance Mountain "Pooling Around" videos are worth watching, LOL. :eek:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #59
Our local rag had a few pics of the Deuces Wild Rodeo I attended last week... I'll tell ya, some of these AZ rednecks are tougher than dollar steaks, LOL. :confused:

IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3116.JPG

That was some radical riding, I thought I took some shots as the show progressed, but I guess they were the other kind of shots, the kind that come out of a flask, LOL. Good thing the paper sent backup photogs, aye? Sorry about the clarity of my pics of the paper, I'm an old school "point & shoot" hand, can't be bothered trying to figure out these newfangled digital cameras. That bronc buster Killian was a real hand, all those riders were taking heller abuse from those horses... I still can't believe the gal who won the barrel racing event is 66 years old, maybe that's a misprint. All those gals rode like demons, I tell ya, not much slower than yours truly on a dirt bike, throttle wide open, LOL. :eek:

Here are some more pics, the first shot is of the rodeo in Taylor, 15 or 20 miles up the road:

IMG_3107.JPG IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3108.JPG

Now, that last pic shows some 75-year-old local hand who paddled the length of the Yukon River, LOL... I'm tellin' ya, these heroes are gluttons for punishment. Pretty solid achievement for a guy who's 75, I don't reckon I'll last to that age the way I've lived & partied, LOL. Meh, WTF, I'll settle for sailing a 12' Minifish the length of the Salton Sea... that'd be one helluva cruise, sailing a Fish the length of the Yukon River, I wouldn't even consider it without being fully armed, and I'm not talkin' bear spray, LOL. More like a Weatherby .460 and a Hibachi grill for the bear steaks... bring an Ugly Stik for pullin' fish outta the river as I steer with my feet, aye? Anyway, those are the newspaper pics, anybody who wants to read the articles can Google "White Mountain Independent"---the rag has a free electronic edition, 10-4? :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Thread starter #60
Holy Cr@p!!! A whole herd of feral pigs just went through my yard, must have been at least 20 of 'em, adults with a few young in tow... the cats alerted me to the presence of the animals, both cats were sleeping but they suddenly jumped up toward the windows in my room, LOL. These cats make great guard animals, they let me know whenever some critter crosses my property, whether it's a skunk, coon, etc. These latest visitors didn't look like Javelinas, they were BIG... so I'm thinking they were feral pigs. Pretty trippy sight, to cut off my light and look out the window and see a $h!tload of wild pigs cruising through my yard, LOL. These White Mountains are full of wildlife, I'm gonna miss all of it if and when I relocate... I may soon be heading to the Northwest, haven't decided yet, but the siren call of the ocean has been strong lately, aye? :rolleyes: